Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Some questions about Reiki

Dippi
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Some questions about Reiki Empty Some questions about Reiki

Post by Dippi Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:22 am

Hi everyone,

I did Reiki course 1 and 2 about one week ago.It feels really great.But i have few questions that i really would like to know the answers.SO please all experts help me with few things.I will be really thankfull.

Here are the things i need to know about.

1. I have heared about 21 days thing from my friends.One of them said after this attunement you should not eat meet and no sex for 21 days.Eat only veg. food. Is that true? I mean do i get stronger and better feeling for Reiki if i do that? My teacher said it does not matter.Seems like all people have different methods and thaughts about it.

2. I gave healing to my mother and she dont notice anything but she is feeling tired after that.Now it has been 5-6 days and still same thing.Is that normal? Or i did something wrong? Last night i gave healing to my wife and today she is also tired.

3.What should i do everyday to get more deeper and strong in Reiki healing? Please give me suggestions.

Thanks for reading.Im really happy about this wonderfull forum.Really spending lot of time to read here.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Some questions about Reiki Empty Re: Some questions about Reiki

Post by LightBody Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:43 am

Hi Dippi, welcome. Excellent questions. One of the benefits of asking questions like that in the forum environment is that you will get many replies, some with responses that are quite different than others that pertain to the same question.

So, here's my initial opinion (and my opinions are always subject to change as I learn new things):

#1:

That depends on one's teachers school of thought, and yours. Some schools believe that it's necessary to abstain from physical pleasure and only consume vegetation, while others don't. What's important is that you determine what will best help you experience the form of spirituality that you are trying to experience, and learn more about yourself along the way.

#2:

There are no "this always happens this ways" and "that always happens that ways" with the practice of reiki. It is not uncommon for those symptoms to occur, but not everyone will experience the effects of a treatment in that same way.

No, you did not do something wrong. One very common symptom during and after a reiki treatment is relaxation, so it seems to me that based on your description thus far, you did everything right.

#3:

Step 1: Practice.
    Step 2: Practice more.
    Step 3: Practice even more...

And it's always nice is you can grow a spiritual relationship with your teacher.

:-)

Dippi
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Dippi Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks a lot for replying.I really feel better now.Got my answers and i hope i get even more replies.
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:07 am

Hi Dippi and welcome to RLL,

As LightBody said, you can expect to get a few different opinions. Here is my (current) understanding:

1. I have heared about 21 days thing from my friends.One of them said after this attunement you should not eat meet and no sex for 21 days.Eat only veg. food. Is that true? I mean do i get stronger and better feeling for Reiki if i do that? My teacher said it does not matter.Seems like all people have different methods and thaughts about it.  
    Your teacher is correct, unless of course, you chose to believe that it does matter. If you have a strong belief that A (certain experience) can not happen unless B (some condition) takes place first then you will limit your experience.

There is nothing wrong with being vegetarian but it is not required to practice reiki.

2. I gave healing to my mother and she dont notice anything but she is feeling tired after that.Now it has been 5-6 days and still same thing.Is that normal? Or i did something wrong? Last night i gave healing to my wife and today she is also tired.  
    In my experience "feeling tired" is very common (side) effect of the reiki session. There are a few ways to attempt to explain it:

1. Our body/cells strive to maintain the state of homeostasis and while we are very active (during the day) we use a lot of energy to meet some other needs.

The "repair work" is then done during the time when we sleep. Since the reiki session brings about the same state of deep relaxation by activating the parasympathetic nervous system (also known as rest and digest and as such it conserves the energy by slowing the heart rate etc) it may be that body uses this opportunity and "starts the repair work" during/after the session.

Unfortunately, we know that during that process there are some waste/toxic byproducts that need to be "flushed" out of the body. Our system (especially kidneys) have a lot of work to do to get this done. In order to support our body to detox ,we are often told to drink a lot of water.

2. Released energy is not integrated into the system

I'll try to (over) simplify this. Due to "energy" intervention (whether external or internal) some "blockages" may get "melted" which will result in more energy (flow) in the system and that may (temporarily) "overload" the system.

I am going to assume (and please correct me if I am wrong) that you haven't do any work to balance the system after the reiki session. We are told that reiki session itself balances the body/mind (and it may be the case) but IMHO immediate impact is rather "messy" and it does take some time for the (system) to settle down.

Now, there are a few ways to overcome it:

a) Some practitioners have made it a habit to balance the chakras after the full body treatment. However, the chakras are not being thought in many reiki systems (and many say it is not part of traditional reiki) and many times are considered the "add-on". I have positive experience by balancing chakras.

b) Another attempt is to work on the aura itself: stabilize and dynamize. This also can be done as "stand alone" technique and is very powerful & energizing.

3.What should i do everyday to get more deeper and strong in Reiki healing? Please give me suggestions.
    Not sure I understand what you mean by to get more deeper and strong in Reiki healing

If that means "to get to the next level" doing the full body treatments alone may not get you there.
    Adding the gratitude and compassion into the mix would certainly help.

Of course nothing stops you from learning more about how the mind and body work (neuroscience, biofeedback, psychoneuroimmunology, metabolism, nerve system etc)

Best Regards,

Resko
    Dippi
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Dippi Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Thank you very much Resko for replying. Yes , you are right i havn't balanced the chakras after reiki healing.I will do that everytime in future (Im new in Reiki). Nice tips.That was the main reason to ask all experts here.I knew i will get many usefull tips from others. Thanks again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 pm