Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Walking Bare footed (Earthing)

renukakkar
    renukakkar

Walking Bare footed (Earthing) Empty Walking Bare footed (Earthing)

Post by renukakkar Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 am

As a kid, I stayed with my paternal grandparents for two years due to the fact that my father's posting in Zambia was in a bush area which did not have a proper primary school.

Every morning, during the good seasons ( not winter), my grandmother would tell us kids to walk bare foot on the grass in the front lawns of the house. She said it was good for our system and good for the eyes and brains too. At that time, being kids, we had no option but obey. I did not know the benefits that time and did not find out later also. As far as eyesight is concerned, I got a pair of spectacles when I reached Zambia and as regards brains I think I have a good brain Smile.

It was when I started doing Reiki, sometime in 2000, that I realized that we could remove our negative energies through the feet and we could also take in energy from the soles of our feet ( I can do that as I feel the vibrations). Hence, I do walk bare footed on the grass sometimes.

My grandmother is no longer alive but I am sure she would have been very happy to know my inference on the reasons why we should walk bare footed sometimes.

Walking without shoes even in the house gives our feet relief, it is soothing. I suggest you try it out sometimes. When we walk bare footed on a natural surface, it is called ‘earthing’ . There are a number of health benefits e.g. antioxidants will increase, any inflammation in the body will reduce and if we have sleep problems we will improve our sleeping pattern.

Scientifically, it means that the earth has its own electrons and there is an exchange of these electrons with our body when we walk bare footed on the grass. There is an overall improvement in our health. In some cases there is a calming effect on the brain, it is good for the skin, heart rate gets moderated, there is an improved glucose regulation, reduction in stress has been noticed and there is a boost to the immunity system. Hence, all your systems are brought into balance.
    Now, some of you will say that you do not have time for morning walks leave alone walking bare footed on the grass for half an hour. You would want to go bare footed on the treadmill at home or in the nearby Gym. Going for a walk or going bare footed or earthing is not the same as going to the Gym. Going to the Gym is binding since you have paid to attend that place. Walking bare footed on the treadmill is not the same either as that is a machine and not a natural surface.

Even ordinary walking in the park provides benefits and walking on the grass bare footed ( grass should be clean one) will also prove beneficial. This will be in addition to the fresh air, the feel good factor, the freedom from tensions and give you relaxation etc.

renukakkar 18.10.2013
    Anata
    Anata

Walking Bare footed (Earthing) Empty Re: Walking Bare footed (Earthing)

Post by Anata Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Yes, it's a great pleasure to walk barefoot! It's very important for women as it can help to treat infertility.

But let me disagree with the following: "Scientifically, it means that the earth has its own electrons..."

I am a physisist by educatian so this phrase sounds for me very ...
    M-m-m... I'd better to keep silence not to offend anybody!

We live in a very rational society, but do we really need such explanations for everything?
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Yes, it's a great pleasure to walk barefoot! It's very important for women as it can help to treat infertility.

But let me disagree with the following: "Scientifically, it means that the earth has its own electrons..."

I am a physisist by educatian so this phrase sounds for me very ...
    M-m-m... I'd better to keep silence not to offend anybody!

We live in a very rational society, but do we really need such explanations for everything?

I did not know about the infertility thing. Thanks for enhancing my knowledge. As regards exchange of electrons, well you can say exchange of free radicals which our body needs to capture the toxins.
    To get these free radicals is like ensuring you eat Coenzyme Q10 This substance carries with it free radicals that help in tying up the toxic chemical within the body. If we get it from walking bare footed on grass, we would not need to eat Coenzyme Q10 which by the way has a red dot on its bottle meaning animal content.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:54 am