Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Reiki Principles - An illustration of the difficulty of translating Japanese into English

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki Principles - An illustration of the difficulty of translating Japanese into English Empty Reiki Principles - An illustration of the difficulty of translating Japanese into English

Post by Colin Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:28 am

Hi All

I was surfing through a Japanese Reiki website (with the help of Google Translator) hoping to find something of interest and thought I would share the translation of the page containing the Reiki Principles. Google translated them rather differently to the versions we tend to use! Smile

The Japanese original is here:

http://homepage3.nifty.com/faithfull/5kai.htm

Secret of 招福
    Man disease Elixir
    Ke length and angry today
    Su tribute to worry
    Brush marks in the industry who kindly
    Remembrance in the hearts and hands morning and evening
    I speak to 唱
    Usui Reiki Therapy Psychosomatic Society
    Improvement
    King Hajime
    Mikao Usui

It may be superfluous, make sure that the following jointly tentatively modern notation.

Million secret elixir of disease 招福
    Today only a blow
    Su tribute to worry
    Me bald people in the industry-friendly
    Remembrance in the hearts and hands morning and evening
    I recited the mouth
    Improve mental Reiki Therapy Association
    Founder Mikao Usui, Hajime

Laughing
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Reiki Principles - An illustration of the difficulty of translating Japanese into English Empty Re: Reiki Principles - An illustration of the difficulty of translating Japanese into English

Post by Milarepa Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:49 am

lmao, very good colin!

It's funny you should mention Usui Reiki Therapy Psychosomatic Society. I'm ready to name my own originality source. It's the reclusive Hu Flung-dung. And he's actually recently gave me sole telepathic training in all of Usui sensei's 13 levels. There was 13 levels cause actually Usui sensei was British, and he went to live in the colonies in the americas. Although born British, Usui sensei was actually one of the founders of the american revolution of independance against the British, so created 13 levels out of the original 13 states that rebelled. He names his style Usui Reiki Therapy Psychosomatic Society.

Before anyone asks, yes i can prove it, i've got an very old Portable Document Format mauscript, which in fact will prove i'm telling the truth.

Sorry, off-topic, though as you can see, it's related,

Smile
    Frank
    Frank

Reiki Principles - An illustration of the difficulty of translating Japanese into English Empty Re: Reiki Principles - An illustration of the difficulty of translating Japanese into English

Post by Frank Tue May 04, 2010 2:16 am

Whahaha, marvellous! Very Happy Reiki Principles - An illustration of the difficulty of translating Japanese into English 564490

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:03 pm