Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Frank
LightBody
vijaybali
7 posters

different type of energy at the time of attunement

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

different type of energy at the time of attunement - Page 2 Empty Re: different type of energy at the time of attunement

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri May 07, 2010 6:13 pm

vijaybali wrote:
    Since Usui experienced that he was the Universe and the Universe was him

But I feel it is very important can colin explain on this how universe in us ( what is logic behind this)

we can only speculate and imagine about what Usui Sensei actually did experience Smile it is very difficult for somebody who had experiences like Usui, to relay it to others in the manner in which actually such experiences came... semantics, lack of appropriate terms, difficulty of putting thought to words, etc.....

so what Colin said about Usui experiencing universe in him, may not be taken as per plain language... these words indeed have lots of depths, but as well, these words carry tendencies to be put to multiple connotations and interpretations... some maybe entirely inconsistent with the actual experince of Usui...

we, as ordinary humans, are often realm-bounded... we think in our present realms, talking within the mental boundaries that are dicated by our physical presence, physical senses, knowldge brought by such senses, and so on.....

if i were to say 'universe is in me', i might actually be saying that i feel i m finding 'feeling' of entire universe in me... like i m familiar with the entire universe... but this, of course, will be 'within' my knowledge and awareness that is mostly founded on knowlege brought about by physical senses, and intuition following such knowledge...

but if a person like Usui Sensei, or for that matter, any person of such high spiriutal caliber, says that 'universe is in me' it might mean that he is not only 'familiar' with what universe contains, but his familarity is of such a high extent, that he can actually 'manipulate' the things within universe... (in muslim mysticism, such ability of 'manipulating' things is called "tasarruff")

and how such 'extensive familarity' is achieved that may enable somebody to start doing active things within universe ? it needs opening up of our latent senses, our latenet channels of information... some would say that we are gifted with around 70 senses in addition to the normal 5+1 senses we generally talk about...

does this mention of 70 senses is a fantasy tale ?? no it is not... even animals contain certain senses which dont... but we do actually, since such senses are included in the list of these 70 senses...

examples :

......dogs can see spirits easily, but we can't
    ......birds can forsee coming of storms and winds, but we need instruments for that
    ......ants can forsee coming of flood, but we cannot
    ......camels of a certain species can find where the water is under the sands within a desert, but we need instruments

so such senses are within humans too, but are grossly latent, and hidden...

me saying "universe in me" would be quite different on awareness level from one saying the same words who has come to know some of these 70 senses...

Smile so, your question is indeed a very difficult to answer precisely! Smile

on others then surely by working on others we are also working on ourselves?

what i feel within reiki, is that when we treat others we request our divine to create a response in the other person (either with or without interacting with divine within that buddy, i m not sure)...

the ability given by symbols give me a protocol to access my divine in such direct way... i dont know precisely, if that protocol is sufficient enough to interact the divinity within the other buddy ?

so when i treat others, the process is starting within me first of all, so by all means, i m 'working' on myself too...

something off-topic but i dare ask from seniors here.. Takata Sensei says that when we absent heal we dont get the benefits like we heal people in-person... (words are mine)... if i m not misconceive if that is what she said, then what is the logic behind.... saying this, means that the mechanism involved in in-person treatments and absent healing, is different.. but is that actually different ?

please share what you feel...

take care

salman
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

different type of energy at the time of attunement - Page 2 Empty Re: different type of energy at the time of attunement

Post by Colin Fri May 07, 2010 8:09 pm

vijaybali wrote:

Since Usui experienced that he was the Universe and the Universe was him

But I feel it is very important can colin explain on this how universe in us ( what is logic behind this)

Hi VJ

This experience Usui had must have been difficult to put into words but if it was indeed a satori (a glimpse of enlightenment) he must have really felt completely connected with everything - a state of Oneness. As such it could be said he would have felt as though he was everything and everything was him - since there was no longer any separation or distinction. This is a similar description to that reported by many people who have experienced satori - in various contexts, not just Japanese but also Christian, Jewish and Sufi mystics and philosphers, among others.
    Cool

Here is a logical explanation about this phrase - from a scientist!

“Recognise that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centres of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds, with the chemistry of life. So we’re all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically, that’s kind a cool, that makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that, it’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe, we’re in the universe and the universe is in us.”

Neil DeGrasse Tyson, an Astrophysicist for the American Museum of Natural History
    study

vijaybali wrote:

Another thing I want from milerapa

on others then surely by working on others we are also working on ourselves?
    What is logic behind this statement.

If any other friends want to explain he/she can also explain

Thanks and love
    vj

The logic behind Milarepa's statement, is again to do with this state of Oneness, interconnectedness and no-separation. It is the ideal state to try and achieve whilst practicing Reiki. As the divine in us recognises the divine in another, it realises that it is the same, i.e. there is no distinction. Our own awareness of the divine is increased, which can be said to help move us along our spiritual path back to fully integrating with the Source.

So, the act of working on others (e.g. by giving them Reiki treatments), increasing our awareness and experience of the divine also helps our own work of spiritual development.
    Very Happy
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat May 08, 2010 1:09 am

Adminstrator Note:

I have moved Salman's question about possible differences in the mechanisms of in-person and absent healing to the Reiki General section, here:

http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/reiki-general-f24/differences-between-hands-on-and-absent-healing-t911.htm

as the ensuing discussion is likely to move away from the original topic here.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat May 08, 2010 1:42 am

Thanks Colin Smile this would help us understanding the nature of both sort of treatments !

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat May 08, 2010 9:07 pm

thanks for answering VJ's question Colin, Smile. I still got no internet till 17th, so apprciate that.

Salman, you raised a loely question, i'll try to follow the thread, see what ideas we're coming up with!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 am