Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Research...INVITATION TO ALL!!

KelleyB
    KelleyB
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Research...INVITATION TO ALL!! Empty Research...INVITATION TO ALL!!

Post by KelleyB Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:28 am

Hello all,

I wonder is there a way that contributors here could collaborate on a study on the effectiveness of Reiki to be evaluated by our client groups? a short questionnaire perhaps? any interested parties...please let me know....

we would need to have several elements to make his worthwhile, ethical and measureable....I'm not a stats person but in order to have something that is solid fact, and fair, we need to look at this potential piece of 'work' in a scientific and objective way in so far as is possible.....

maybe we could also add in a section / questionnaire for supporters / carers of our clients particularly in cases where people are working in healthcare settings. Lots of food for thought....

the SMART technique come to mind - Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, Timebound

Hope to hear from you !!

Kelley
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Research...INVITATION TO ALL!! Empty Re: Research...INVITATION TO ALL!!

Post by Dragonfly Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:50 pm

I love this idea. We might want to look at short term and long term benefits people received as part of our data analysis. Sometimes when people with serious or chronic health issues come in to see me, they may immediately feel more relaxed or have improved well-being, but the physical changes they see aren't apparent to them until maybe several sessions in.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:37 pm

I'll get involved, in maybe 5 or 6 weeks, once i start treating others again.

Kelley, you're involved in healthcare, what's that SMART technique you mentioned?

take care
    Wayne
    KelleyB
    KelleyB
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by KelleyB Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:01 am

Milarepa wrote:
    what's that SMART technique you mentioned?

Hi Wayne, well there's a really good link to a blog that explains SMART pretty well..... http://www.writingwhitepapers.com/blog/2008/02/22/smart-bidding/

I originally came accross it in my social care training nearly 20 years ago now....it's as much a business approach as anything else

and yes, working in the mental health sector with a proposal in to teach Reiki at the moment as an introduction to self healing - lots of on-site considerations and so on to be looked at ...a work in progress! It may be 6-10 weeks before there's any news on that score.

Apart from that in my own Reiki practice, I have worked with people who have brain injury in a social care setting, and continue to work in a residential care setting for people with intellectual disability & Alzheimers...wonderful opportunities where reiki is integrated into the mainstream!!

Exciting times indeed
    KelleyB
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:19 am

You know something Kelley, Reiki & it's use within the Mental health sector may deserve a topic in itself. Smile .

I remember some time ago, on another forum, we had that same discussion. A few folks (myself included) felt apprehensive with the idea treating some, things like worried about their reaction, etc.

You're in a perfect position to educate myself, and maybe others, about this kinda subject, Smile .

take care
    Wayne
    KelleyB
    KelleyB
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by KelleyB Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:28 am

well as soon as it gets off the ground I'll certainly do that....in the meantime it may well benefit people to research a lady by the name of Mary Ellen Copeland who developed the WRAP - Wellness Recovery Action Plan.... have a look at www.imhrec.ie to find out more (among other websites of course)....not just a good point of reference for people with experience of mental health difficulties but for the general population - a very common sense approach to keeping well - though we in the reiki community have the precepts to rely on!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:43 pm