Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
chi_solas
Colin
6 posters

Where Did You First Hear About Reiki?

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Where Did You First Hear About Reiki? Empty Where Did You First Hear About Reiki?

Post by Colin Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:59 am

As a complement to the thread about where you first heard about Reiki Learning Lounge, I thought it would also be good to share how you first heard about Reiki or how Reiki found you! Smile

This is often the first question I ask my students and it is also the first question usually asked by Phyllis Furumoto of her interviewees on her radio show.

I'll start the ball rolling!

I first heard about Reiki when my sister-in-law told me that there was something "Going on" in our church hall that I would be interested in "because you like weird stuff, don't you!" Rolling Eyes

She said it was called Reiki Healing and I had not heard of it so looked it up on the internet (this was 1998) and I thought it did sound interesting so I went to investigate.

There was a lady there, a Reiki Master, who was giving 'Introduction to Energy' evenings and one of the things we were asked to do in order to try and sense the energy was to place our hands lightly on someone's shoulders (no attunements at this point). When I placed my hands on my partner's shoulders I can't really remember if I felt any energy but I can certainly remember the very very strong feeling (possibly even voice?) that said: "you should get back to doing this - it is what you should be doing!"

It had never experienced anything like that before and it did seem very natural for my to have my hands on this young lady's shoulders - not at all uncomfortable or strange.

That was it - I read all I could about Reiki and eventually got my attunements to Reiki 1, 2 and 3 over a period of about 5 months. I wasn't given much in the way of notes and certainly not a manual so my next job was to write my own Reiki manuals because I really wanted to teach and allow others to share this wonderful experienece.

So began my study of Reiki...and it is still on-going! Very Happy

OK, who's next? Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Where Did You First Hear About Reiki? Empty Re: Where Did You First Hear About Reiki?

Post by chi_solas Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:16 am

At the beginning of my Self-healing
    journey, I was directed to a holistic
    RN who had healed her pelvic bone that
    she broke when she fell on ice. She was
    a Reiki Practicitioner. She told the DR
    she was healed. They said you know it
    takes longer than that to heal. When they
    xrayed her broken bone it was healed. Where Did You First Hear About Reiki? 158903
    I got several Reiki Treatments from her.
    After I healed I was drawn to learn Reiki,
    and then continued on to become a RMT. Where Did You First Hear About Reiki? 850837

Stardust
    Stardust

Where Did You First Hear About Reiki? Empty Re: Where Did You First Hear About Reiki?

Post by Stardust Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:40 pm

In 1984 I got started on my journey with supplements, iridology, etc.  I attended a lot of classes and I met up with a friend at a local one in the later 80's. She had been to a Reiki course and was doing Reiki on some of the people there.  She didn't get a chance to share with me, but she sparked an interest in me.  I was helping others and thought this could really give something extra to add to the mix.Fast forward to 2007.  While my guy was looking for a tactile massage therapist for me, he came across a Reiki Master.  When she explained what she did, he remembered I had mentioned an interest in Reiki and that I liked weird stuff, so he made an appointment for me.  I thought the treatment was fantastic.  It was soothing and relaxing.  Plus my shoulder joint pain was gone and mobility returned (which has continued) and the second treatment was just as wonderful and it took away most of my ankle pain (is gone unless I am up on my feet way too much for me).  I just had to be able to do this for myself and others.Three months after my first Reiki experience, I took level I and two years later I took level II.  I can't imagine my life without Reiki.
    EzriReiki
    EzriReiki

Post by EzriReiki Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:08 am

I remember clearly the first time I heard about Reiki, it was in a mail-order catalogue, from the Inner Bookshop in Oxford. I think there were only a couple of books listed, but the word jumped out at me. I was going to buy one of the books, but something caused me to forget? This was late in 1992 and I was already working with a form of spiritual healing (aurawork, not tactile healing). In April 1993 I was staying with friends in Amsterdam and attending a Sound Healing workshop. On a notice board in a shop window near the venue, I saw that word again. “Reiki”. A few days after the workshop, I rang the number, (it is good so many Dutch people speak English). The Reiki person was not there, was at some festival, but I was able to book an appointment. The next week I had my first Reiki treatment session. The practitioner, Piet Anders de Groot, was also a Reiki teacher. Twenty minutes into the session I just knew this was something I had to learn. I had another session the next day, and the next. Over the next three and a half weeks I had several more treatments, and, by Wednesday 19th May, I had completed the four-day level 1 course in Usui Shiki Ryoho.

EZRI
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:45 pm

hi Smile thats very interesting thread !

i would now describe that how reiki found me affraid

i was exploring chatrooms within yahoo and found one called "Astrology"... that chat room attracted me and some days later, i found a guy called Henry Hickman, who said that he can make me feel better and light over the chat.. he paused for a while and did something that had effects of general relief from stress...

he didn't tell he'd used reiki... as i visited his profile, it said he was reiki II. i googled reiki, and found a hell lot interesting stuff... i got the link to a local reiki master, and on lunch break i was sitting with him... i remember it was valentine's day, and i thought i m going to ruin my day by visiting some old fella, but who knew this was the day a big change visiting me...

i dont normally wait much before taking decisions... bit impulsive, you can say... and so when i ended up meeting with him, i had paid him fee for level one, the initiation followed after a day though!

what a lovely valentine's gift from universe !! lol!

salman
    lee-ann
    lee-ann

Post by lee-ann Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:22 pm

I am a single mom. I was working, going to school, and taking care of my small children. I became very run down and I had a cold that just wouldn't go away.

My mom made an appointment for a session for me with out asking. She came to my home, said she was going to watch the kids, handed me a check and an address and pushed me out the door.

I said, "REIKI, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!"

My first reiki session was amazing. My cold went away and I felt MUCH better.

I wanted to get attuned, but it was years before I could.

And TA DA! here I am Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:50 am