Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Do all styles of Reiki follow the same hand positions?

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Do all styles of Reiki follow the same hand positions? Empty Re: Do all styles of Reiki follow the same hand positions?

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Colin wrote: If there were no other specific areas he would treat the chest and abdomen (hara) area.

thanks Colin Smile

when i do reiji ho before the session, i m mostly drawn to the abdomen and sometimes to the thorax region... in abdomen, there are different points at which reiji makes me drawn... the liver area (right side), the pancreas area, stomach area (left side), the colon area (lower right side), etc.

following this lead, i often start reiki treatment from solar plexus and gradually expand the area of application upwards and downwards...

treating the head is the last and finishing part of the session for me... however, sometimes when i m treating the back of the abdomen (kidney areas or middle back) i feel the need to place one hand there, and the other hand on front side of neck/throad or alternatively on forehead....

as this is all intuitive, i generally dont 'push' myself to adopt the standard hand positions.... please suggest me if there is harm in the way i proceed ?

take care

salman

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Do all styles of Reiki follow the same hand positions? Empty Re: Do all styles of Reiki follow the same hand positions?

Post by Colin Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Colin wrote: If there were no other specific areas he would treat the chest and abdomen (hara) area.

thanks Colin Smile

when i do reiji ho before the session, i m mostly drawn to the abdomen and sometimes to the thorax region... in abdomen, there are different points at which reiji makes me drawn... the liver area (right side), the pancreas area, stomach area (left side), the colon area (lower right side), etc.

following this lead, i often start reiki treatment from solar plexus and gradually expand the area of application upwards and downwards...

treating the head is the last and finishing part of the session for me... however, sometimes when i m treating the back of the abdomen (kidney areas or middle back) i feel the need to place one hand there, and the other hand on front side of neck/throad or alternatively on forehead....

as this is all intuitive, i generally dont 'push' myself to adopt the standard hand positions.... please suggest me if there is harm in the way i proceed ?

take care

salman

Hi Salman,

I can't see and "harm" in the way you work! Smile

Reiji is all about intuitive working so that is great!

Takata sometimes taught to start on the body, using her foundation treatment - and them sometimes taught to start at the head over the eyes. So I don't think anything is written in stone (apart from Usui's memorial! Laughing )
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Hey Colin, i would have expected that you will share some experience of your own too Smile

Colin wrote:
    Takata sometimes taught to start on the body, using her foundation treatment - and them sometimes taught to start at the head over the eyes.

thats a good piece of info for me Smile thanks Smile

So I don't think anything is written in stone (apart from Usui's memorial! Laughing )

yeah bounce Smile

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:Hey Colin, i would have expected that you will share some experience of your own too Smile

Smile

If I am doing a formal Reiki session (i.e. someone is paying for a 1 hour Reiki session) and if they have not come for a treatment of a specific area, I tend to spend 20-30 minutes on the head, followed by a fairly standard set of hands positions on the torso and then the feet, unless my intuition guides me to other positions - which it often does! Smile

Of course I also will stay a while in areas where I detect a bysoen. Smile

If a person does mention a problem with a specific area of the body, then I will still do the head and make sure I include the specified area in my positions after the head.

I don't always ask a client to turn over and mainly work on their front - unless we have plenty of time or they have mentioned their back as a problem area - or unless I want to finish the session with a full Ketsueki Kokan (Kekko) Blood Circulation technique, which is a great way to finish and re-energize the client! Even if I don't turn the client over I tend to finish with an abbreviated version of kekko (i.e. some strokes down the arms and legs) to help them "wake up". Laughing

Is that more what you had in mind about sharing my experience, Salman? Laughing

As I mentioned before, I don't think there is a fixed way to do a Reiki treatment, so it is difficult to say which way is the best way - each session can be different!
    Smile
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Do all styles of Reiki follow the same hand positions? 307123
    Colin wrote:

no, it is 'exactly' what i had in mind lol! my expectations around you can never be 'too much' Colin cheers

i learned definitely in this narrative. something specifically :

Colin wrote:
    I want to finish the session with a full Ketsueki Kokan (Kekko) Blood Circulation technique, which is a great way to finish and re-energize the client! Even if I don't turn the client over I tend to finish with an abbreviated version of kekko (i.e. some strokes down the arms and legs) to help them "wake up". Laughing

my 'abbreviated version' of ket sue ki ko'kan is that i place one hand at the base of skull or slightly on the upper edges of back of neck, and place the other on the lower back, on the verge of pelvic girdle, and imagine a flow of ki moving from skull to bottom of vertebral column, and then soothing along legs, ankles and feet to ground... for 'upward sweep' i intend ki to move upwards to meet at jade gate likwise... often this calms and makes him feeling happy Smile

take care

Smile

salman

PS : nice quote "where ego's, i go"
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Do all styles of Reiki follow the same hand positions? Empty Do all styles of Reiki follow the same hand positions?

Post by Colin Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:16 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:

my 'abbreviated version' of ket sue ki ko'kan is that i place one hand at the base of skull or slightly on the upper edges of back of neck, and place the other on the lower back, on the verge of pelvic girdle, and imagine a flow of ki moving from skull to bottom of vertebral column, and then soothing along legs, ankles and feet to ground... for 'upward sweep' i intend ki to move upwards to meet at jade gate likwise... often this calms and makes him feeling happy Smile

Yes, one of my "usual" hands positions is to place one hand just below the neck and the other at the base of the spine (if the client is face down) or just below the throat and on the seika tanden if the client is face up.
    Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:47 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Hmmm only 5 hand positions?
    If that's no less than 3
    minutes per hand position
    then a Reiki session would
    last for 15 minutes

moore wrote:
    Each handposition can be from a minute and longer.
    Then there's always intuitive ways of placing hands

I find it takes at least 3 minutes
    for me to feel the energy working
    and if I intutively feel the need
    to stay longer in a paticular area
    I do that. sunny
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:03 am

Colin wrote:
    Lambs-Wool wrote:Hey Colin, i would have expected that you will share some experience of your own too Smile

Smile

If I am doing a formal Reiki session (i.e. someone is paying for a 1 hour Reiki session) and if they have not come for a treatment of a specific area, I tend to spend 20-30 minutes on the head, followed by a fairly standard set of hands positions on the torso and then the feet, unless my intuition guides me to other positions - which it often does! Smile

Of course I also will stay a while in areas where I detect a bysoen. Smile

If a person does mention a problem with a specific area of the body, then I will still do the head and make sure I include the specified area in my positions after the head.

I don't always ask a client to turn over and mainly work on their front - unless we have plenty of time or they have mentioned their back as a problem area - or unless I want to finish the session with a full Ketsueki Kokan (Kekko) Blood Circulation technique, which is a great way to finish and re-energize the client! Even if I don't turn the client over I tend to finish with an abbreviated version of kekko (i.e. some strokes down the arms and legs) to help them "wake up". Laughing

As I mentioned before, I don't think there is a fixed way to do a Reiki treatment, so it is difficult to say which way is the best way - each session can be different!
    Smile

Colin I have found from personal experience
    that asking a client to turn over disrupts
    the relaxed mode of the session. Sleep

I have had clients who can not lie on their
    back so they lie face down on the massage table
    and I facilitate the full session doing all hand
    positions on the back area. I do have a head
    cradle for their comfort if they want to use it. Neutral
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:03 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Colin I have found from personal experience
    that asking a client to turn over disrupts
    the relaxed mode of the session. Sleep

I have had clients who can not lie on their
    back so they lie face down on the massage table
    and I facilitate the full session doing all hand
    positions on the back area. I do have a head
    cradle for their comfort if they want to use it. Neutral

Yes, that is also why I don't usually ask my clients to turn over - it usually takes almost 1 hour for me to work on their front, so if I am going to finish with a full Kekko, it is right at the end of the session that they turn over and it is therefore part of the return from "relaxed mode"! Smile

If a client can't, or does not wish to, lie on their back then I would also do the full session with them lying on their front.

Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:36 am

We all find a comfort zone to
    bring the session to an end.
    I generally end with the
    occipitual position and then
    put my hands on the clients
    upper arms for a few seconds
    and in a soft voice cue them
    to take a few seconds to slowly
    open their eyes,feeling refreshed
    and better than before. I offer
    them a glass of water. flower

renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:45 pm

i start from head and work downwards. spending more time in areas i feel need more concentration. move slowly, not strictly following hand positions but as per what i feel.

patients do not want to move if they are lying down.then i imagine their back and work to send reiki towards their back. in case of a sitting patient it is easier.

oh yes, ears release a lot of held energies especially when you are working on the head area. once the cooler was on and lots of energies were escaping from the ears of this patient who suffered constant headaches. there was sparking in the cooler wires and smoke. so i had to turn it off.

nose is another place for release of held energies which are visible to others.once while giving treatment to a person his wife sitting opposite saw black soot coming out of his nostrils.

towards the end i spend time on the feet,the patients feel lots of movement of energies there in the form of tingling,bubbles, currents and sometimes pain release also. subsequently i sweep the aura, close aura and do a chakra balance, apply rahu. thereafter, i ask them to open their eyes slowly. most are thirsty after the session and accept water/ask for it.

renu

Last edited by renukakkar on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellings)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:56 pm