Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Stardust
chi_solas
6 posters

When does a practitioner feel comfortable charging for distant Reiki.

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

When does a practitioner feel  comfortable charging for distant Reiki.   Empty When does a practitioner feel comfortable charging for distant Reiki.

Post by chi_solas Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:18 am

Today I was talking to a Reiki friend
    about Reiki and the amount of mixed
    Reiki information that passes through
    the internet and literature. study

I was wondering how do Reiki folks
    come to terms with what is right for
    them. When does a practitioner feel
    comfortable charging for distant Reiki. When does a practitioner feel  comfortable charging for distant Reiki.   850837
    Stardust
    Stardust

When does a practitioner feel  comfortable charging for distant Reiki.   Empty Me, too.

Post by Stardust Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:39 am

I have been wondering the same thing.  I know practioners who charge the same as a hands on session, but only do it for 15 or 20 minutes.  I don't know what's fair.  Are they paying for our time or the benefit they're getting?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

When does a practitioner feel  comfortable charging for distant Reiki.   Empty Re: When does a practitioner feel comfortable charging for distant Reiki.

Post by chi_solas Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:27 am

Stardust wrote:I have been wondering the same thing.  I know practioners who charge the same as a hands on session, but only do it for 15 or 20 minutes.  I don't know what's fair.  Are they paying for our time or the benefit they're getting?

It's not what's fair. I charge what
    others in my area charge. If folks
    have been trained by John Gray I
    notice they charge much more. I
    guess you charge according to what
    your overhead expenses are.That
    would include your laundry and that
    takes time. Most Reiki practitioners
    are not business people. I know for
    me there's a preparation time before
    and a clean up time after the session
    that I don't factor in. flower
    Pachamama

When does a practitioner feel  comfortable charging for distant Reiki.   Empty Re: When does a practitioner feel comfortable charging for distant Reiki.

Post by Pachamama Tue May 10, 2011 11:26 pm

I don't feel comfortable charging for reiki at all, let alone distant healing!! Shocked
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed May 11, 2011 2:08 am

Pachamama wrote:I don't feel comfortable charging for reiki at all, let alone distant healing!! Shocked

Reiki is free. sunny

Each practitioner makes their own choice.
    Like any other CAM practitioner. They may
    rent a space or create a space in their home.
    It can involve keeping financial records and
    maintaining a space to facilitate the Reiki
    treatments/sessions.bounce
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Wed May 11, 2011 4:37 am

Aye, its definately a personal choice when it comes to charging etc...( it's shakti~rising, by the way) the Shakti rose, flew out of my crown and descended again as pachamama.. Laughing
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed May 11, 2011 6:45 am

Better talking out of your crown, than the opposite end, hehe!

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Wed May 11, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm often accused of talking out of that end!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed May 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Laughing
    aronaya
    aronaya

When does a practitioner feel  comfortable charging for distant Reiki.   Empty use as practicum for now

Post by aronaya Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:08 pm

I prefer being on the phone with the person when I do distance Reiki, so I can give them running commentary and let them own their feelings and awareness of that work.

Mostly do it for friends and family, also as a gift for survey responses, so it amounts to a practicum phase at this point.

I'm big on hands-on Reiki, and do not emphasize the distance practice at this point.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:32 am

aronaya wrote:I prefer being on the phone with the person when I do distance Reiki, so I can give them running commentary and let them own their feelings and awareness of that work.

Mostly do it for friends and family, also as a gift for survey responses, so it amounts to a practicum phase at this point.

I'm big on hands-on Reiki, and do not emphasize the distance practice at this point.

Phone & distance Reiki is a great idea. bounce Arrow
    reikihealer83
    reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:13 pm

I do not mind charging for hands on sessions. I only charge what the going rate for a massage in my area. I would not charge for distance Reiki because I feel it is not needed in that instance. I also think that distance Reiki is something that all of us do at some point during our day and we do not charge for that so why charge when a client asks for it?
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:27 pm

'distance Reiki is something that all of us do at some point during our day'....I completely agree.... I love you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:24 pm