Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

reiki and pregnancy

maggie
    maggie
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

reiki and pregnancy Empty reiki and pregnancy

Post by maggie Sun May 22, 2011 7:35 am

I am preparing to send distance reiki to a friend of mine. She is pregnant and on a mild anti-depressant. I'm kind of nervous about sending reiki to people who have mental health issues. Is there anything I should know before I send? Thank-you.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

reiki and pregnancy Empty Re: reiki and pregnancy

Post by Rlei_ki Sun May 22, 2011 9:24 pm

maggie wrote: .... and on a mild anti-depressant. I'm kind of nervous about sending reiki to people who have mental health issues. Is there anything I should know before I send? ...

Yes.

1, Reiki is generally very helpful to people suffering with mild depression

2, to paraphrase some good advice given to us by Usui-sensei:

Just for today, don't be nervous.

Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun May 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Reiki helps bring harmony/balance
    to the mind, body & spirit, it is
    holistic and does not separate the
    mind from the body/spirit. Reiki
    goes to where its needed the body
    has its own self-healing abilities.

Finish each day and be done with it.
    You have done what you could.
    some blunders and absurdities no doubt creep in;
    forget them as soon as you can.
    Tomorrow is a new day;
    you shall begin it well and serenely

Ralph Waldo Emerson
    maggie
    maggie
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by maggie Mon May 23, 2011 5:01 am

Thank-you both for your reassurance. I don't know why, but the mental health area is the only place I am hesitant, I guess I see it as a fragile area. I should know that it is ok as reiki comes from a place of love.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon May 23, 2011 12:09 pm

maggie wrote:Thank-you both for your reassurance. I don't know why, but the mental health area is the only place I am hesitant, I guess I see it as a fragile area. I should know that it is ok as reiki comes from a place of love.

When I was new to the Reiki System
    I would often hear about restriction
    when using Reiki. Then I came across
    Taggart King's article in 2004. Here
    are 2 excerpts from his article. study

Taggart King November 2001, rewritten in 2007

Depending on whom you trained with, you may have been given quite a long list of 'situations where you should not use Reiki'. It seems that the only restriction that Mrs Takata taught was that you should not treat a broken bone with Reiki, but many other restrictions have been added in later on in Reiki's Western history. I thought I would spend a little time talking about these 'Reiki contraindications'.

In fact, the restrictions do not stop there. There are many more taught in different lineages. For example, you should not treat people with cancer, you should not treat people who are pregnant, you should not treat people who are depressed or who have asthma, you should not treat people who are stressed, you should not treat young children, you should not treat animals, you should not treat people who are taking homoeopathic remedies, you should not treat people who are taking medicines, you should not treat people wearing green trousers (sorry, I made that one up!).
    jenireiki
    jenireiki
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by jenireiki Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:45 am

I believe that Reiki comes from Great Spirit - God- higher power- Spiritual plane etc, Reiki is love, a universal life force energy that we are only a channel for. The universal life force energy will always work for the highest good. It comes from God is guided by God and can do no harm. So just for today do not worry, be thankful for the blessing of the beautiful healing Reiki energy. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:11 am