Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
queen of clean
Rlei_ki
6 posters

Not in best interests...

Poll

Can you think of a scenario: a situation where it would not be in your best interests to receive Reiki treatment?

[ 3 ]
    Not in best interests... Bar_left60%Not in best interests... Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Not in best interests... Bar_left40%Not in best interests... Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Not in best interests... Bar_left0%Not in best interests... Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Not in best interests... Empty Not in best interests...

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:35 am

Neutral
    queen of clean
    queen of clean

Not in best interests... Empty Re: Not in best interests...

Post by queen of clean Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:48 pm

flower possibly
    I have a friend who has a mental disorder who believes she hears voices and has secrets she can't remember.
    SHE has tried reiki but it freaked her out so much, the "voices' made her feel quite afraid of what was happening so she asked me to stop. Yes, reiki would help her but for our safety it was best to stop Sad
    queen
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:13 pm

If it delayed or prevented me from receiving necessary/urgent medical or surgical treatment, a Reiki treatment would not be in my best interests!

Shocked
    queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:30 pm

flower
    quite true
    queen
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

no, a reiki treatment is always in my best interests. I love you Reiki works perfectly alongside orthodox medical healthcare, neither one should be substituted for the other, but both used as complementary tools to aid healthcare.

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:34 pm

sunny an interesting vote score Razz

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:37 am

i never clicked on the vote thing.....I never do which is kinda counterproductive in a poll!!! Embarassed
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:45 pm

voting NO/YES is OK but there
    should always be Other for those
    undecided /iffy's lol!
    queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:05 pm

undecided /iffy's

lol!
    Definately. I'm one of those iffy"s
    I gave my reason a little earlier but my friend has been recently dignosed with schizophrenia, (at that time it was undiagnosed but I had my suspicions). I haven't been able to find many guidelines about reiki and mental illness, about the only thing I was told was to avoid the head positions, but my question is, how safe is it for these people who are yet to be diagnosed and are unmedicated when it comes to reiki, not just for them but for us as practitioners too, some, I understand can be quite unpredictable Question scratch
    Should this be a topic somewhere else as it is a very important issue?
    queen
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:32 pm

chi_solas wrote:voting NO/YES is OK but there
    undecided /iffy's lol!

O.K. so, point taken Smile

However, I don't seem to be able to edit the poll.

I'm wondering if Admin staff might be able to?

If it is possible to alter the poll, could someone please add the third option:

"other / undecided "

Thanks.

Very Happy
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:12 pm

queen of clean wrote:
    undecided /iffy's

lol!
    Definately. I'm one of those iffy"s
    I gave my reason a little earlier but my friend has been recently dignosed with schizophrenia, (at that time it was undiagnosed but I had my suspicions). I haven't been able to find many guidelines about reiki and mental illness, about the only thing I was told was to avoid the head positions, but my question is, how safe is it for these people who are yet to be diagnosed and are unmedicated when it comes to reiki, not just for them but for us as practitioners too, some, I understand can be quite unpredictable Question scratch
    Should this be a topic somewhere else as it is a very important issue?
    queen

A very important issue indeed!! Years ago a lady I knew had a 'mental breakdown' after receiving a Reiki treatment, and ended up having to be sectioned.....But and it's a big but, this lady had a history of mental health issues, so perhaps the practitioner who offered her the treatment didn't do a thorough consultation regarding her health issues before the treatment. A Reiki teacher I knew had a particular section in her consultation sheet regarding mental health and mental health medication. Personally I would make sure a client who had a history of mental health issues, received a written letter from their doctor saying they felt it would be acceptable for their patient to receive reiki. We have to be aware that some people with mental health issues are extremely confused and unbalanced individuals and are not always prone to telling the truth. My sister is a mental health nurse, and I know that Reiki would not be an ideal therapy to offer her patients when they are in extreme states of being.

Some people with mental health issues have had their 'doors of perception' blown wide open due to chemical imbalances in the brain....as a result they can have a mixed bag of literally tapping into other dimensions and also hallucinating, seeing, hearing, feeling things which are not real.....some mental health patients have been severely abused as children and their 'logical thinking processes' which start to develop in childhood, got completely rewired and confused.

As Reiki practitioners, we all know that sometimes deep seated issues that stem back to early childhood, can come to the surface to be seen and let go of.... alsorts of emotions can be stirred by reiki in the most rational and well balanced of folk, so when it comes to working with people with a history of mental health issues, we as practitioners must tread very very carefully....our job is not to cause confusion but to help bring clarity... I love you

As for working with someone who has not been diagnosed with mental health issues, well I guess thats where a thorough consultation prior to treatment comes in...asking some very simple questions and trusting your own intuition can be of great benefit to us. And lets face it the majority of human beings have experienced times in their life when they have felt completely out of synch, with normal thinking and behavior...there aren't very many genuinely well balanced people on earth! Today I am happy and well balanced, tomorrow I might have a hormonal fluctation and want to punch someone who looks at me the wrong way!! ahahah flower
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:23 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:voting NO/YES is OK but there
    undecided /iffy's lol!

O.K. so, point taken Smile

However, I don't seem to be able to edit the poll.

I'm wondering if Admin staff might be able to?

If it is possible to alter the poll, could someone please add the third option:

"other / undecided "

Thanks.

Very Happy

done, my liege.

not sure why you cant edit it. if you go to edit, there should be a clickable link, allowing you to 'edit poll'?
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Milarepa wrote:]
    done, my liege.

not sure why you cant edit it. if you go to edit, there should be a clickable link, allowing you to 'edit poll'?

Thanks Wayne.

Just double-checked - when I go to edit, all I get is the usual option to 'edit post'

can't see any link (poll doesn't show up either - perhaps the function is just an option on Admin accounts?)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:39 am

i think it might be admin option. lemme go check it when i come back from asda.
    queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:04 pm

flower
    Thank you Pachamma for you input on treating mental illness It make a lot of sense to me and I will be asking clients about their mental needs from now on
    flower queen

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:57 am