Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Transference during Reiki

kizmit
    kizmit
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Transference during Reiki Empty Transference during Reiki

Post by kizmit Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Hello. I will attempt to be brief.

In short, I pick up other people's ailments. If someone has a headache, I can feel their headache (location, severity...) and if I am not very careful, I get their headache. They are suddenly feeling fine and I have their headache.

This has been going on for as long as I can remember. It is actually what prompted me to learn Reiki in the first place.

I have done extensive work on learning to ground myself, which is helpful to be sure. However, sometimes if someone is sick and I am tired, I have to just shield myself from them to avoid picking up their physical or emotional trouble. Seems selfish, I know.

Yesterday, I was doing Reiki on my brother who is in the hospital. My chest became tight (like his), my abdomen began to hurt (like his) and my heart started to race (like his). I found myself having difficulty breathing and I couldn't find my ground so I had to stop. Regretfully, the feeling stayed with me even after I left. Not unusual.

My problem is two fold:
    1) If I can actually get a painful headache from someone, whose to say I can't pick up something more serious if they have it?

2) How can I keep from collecting people's ailments while doing Reiki since keeping myself *safe* often requires me to shield myself and Reiki requires openness.

Thanks in advance.

Mel
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Transference during Reiki Empty Re: Transference during Reiki

Post by Milarepa Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:12 pm

are you getting these experiences after you already know what their issue is? Or, do they come even though you havn't been told what their issue is?
    kizmit
    kizmit
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by kizmit Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Most of the time I have no idea what is wrong with the person. It used to just happen and I couldn't figure out what was going on. Like I said, the last 6 or 7 (maybe more) years I have been working to understand this and get some control over it.

There is sort of a running joke now with a co-worker who is alarmingly perceptive. Out of nowhere I will start not feeling well (headache, runny nose, general puniness) and she will look over at me, smile and say, "Thank you...I feel much better!) Rotten co-worker. When that happens now, I can usually focus for a few minutes and send whatever ailment I have collected on it's way. Sometimes not so much with the headaches though.

But if I am trying to feel another person, I can do it on purpose. It's easier to do it in person if I can touch them, but I don't have to. I don't know how to do it without seeing them though. I know Reiki can be done from a distance, but I wasn't trained in that and I have never tried to perceive someone's illness/emotions from a distance nor have I tried to heal from a distance other than sending positive energy to a person in need.

As an aside, I am a counselor by trade and I do understand the profound power of subconscious transference when interacting with other people, since from a professional standpoint I must deal with it everyday and I am also an avid believer in the power of psychosomatic symptoms. This is something happening on a psychic/physiological level.

Thanks again! I appreciate the guidance.

Mel
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:00 am

You need to understand that you should
    not take on other peoples problems. affraid

As a Reiki practitioner you can facilitate
    in assisting others to move blockages that
    they have. Taking on your client's ailments
    is not healthy for you. Your client needs to
    work on their inner needs to remove the cause
    of what ails them. sunny

Last edited by chi_solas on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:13 am

an interesting thing is that takata said nothing can penetrate Reiki. perhaps this only seems like it is transference. maybe it is simply being sensitive. a matter of perception.

when i'm around folks i 'feel' what is going on in their lives.
    kizmit
    kizmit
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by kizmit Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:40 pm

You'll get no argument from me. That's why I have been trying to learn how NOT to do this. It just sort of happens to me. Like a yawn. You don't really see it coming and the next second you are a fly catcher.

Mel
    kizmit
    kizmit
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by kizmit Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Milarepa wrote:an interesting thing is that takata said nothing can penetrate Reiki. perhaps this only seems like it is transference. maybe it is simply being sensitive. a matter of perception.

when i'm around folks i 'feel' what is going on in their lives.

Okay, that makes me feel better. I don't mind being able to feel it, I just don't want to take it with me. I have been reluctant to continue when this happens, so thank you for that.

Mel
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:04 pm

i've empathy for you. not thar i'm some kinda super-psychic or anything, but folks can sometimes think - 'wow, i'd like to be able to do that!'. though when there's little 'privacy' in folks lives, when one seems to be aware of things, it can be very disconcerting. in the end, truth be told, i began to 'bury' this occurence within me, so it's not as pronounced as it was. still here, but not as sharp.

my own advice is to me really also. my perception of it being a curse, or an aid, dictated the experience really.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:42 am

Have you ever got an email from
    a friend to forward their email
    within a certain time frame & if
    you don't forward to x amount of