Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
Reikijim
chi_solas
LuvSoulJah
Milarepa
8 posters

Does Reiki create chemical changes?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Does Reiki create chemical changes? Empty Does Reiki create chemical changes?

Post by Milarepa Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:37 am

Anyone know if Reiki creates chemical changes within us? If so, please elaborate, or simply give views.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Does Reiki create chemical changes? Empty Re: Does Reiki create chemical changes?

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:20 am

Good question Wayne, your guess is as good as mine from a laymans point of view. But it would make sense. Surely Reiki effects our meridian system... and thus our endocrine system. I have felt moments of bliss or ecstacy while practicing Reiki. Is this just a spiritual high or are there mood enhancing chemicals released in the brain through this process? It would seem so. Alchemy is a big part of Taoist, yogo and similar practices... When these are followed correctly there is a definate chemical change within us. But I'll leave this one to the more scientifically adept fellow Reikians.

Best wishes,

Ben
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Does Reiki create chemical changes? Empty Re: Does Reiki create chemical changes?

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:27 am

That being said it could just as well be a positive side effect of the brain state or state of mind we find ourselves in during Reiki treatments. Similar to the effects meditation can have on us or the use of binaural beats.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 am

Reiki can certainly change the rhythm
    of the brain waves to become relaxed.
    When I take care of my body and feed
    it healthy foods so that it can maintain
    its natural pharmacy of chemicals to
    aid in keeping my immune system balanced,
    then Reiki can enhance my health and
    distribution of healthy chemicals needed
    to balanced the acid/ alkalizing needed
    during a reiki session/treatment sunny
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:09 am

Hi,

In my opinion,the short answer would definitly be yes...The practice of reiki can cause chemical change in an individual...

How could it not, when every other enviromental stimulus that we encounter causes a chemical reaction...? Even if reiki only affects our perception, a change is still evident...

I guess another question in this might be ...If the mind truly controls the body, could it be that reiki really only affect the brain...using the brain`s control over the body to enlist our natural healing abilities?

I say this because, I get the impression from some, that reiki acts on it`s own, like an "outside force". Regardless of how they qualify the belief...

If i put my hands over a laceration...I`m an outside force...attempting to change the chemistry of another...

I know reiki can slow down blood flow from a laceration...But does the energy affect the area locally, or does the energy trigger the brain and it`s associated systems to fix the problem by sending a coagulant in the blood system to that area?

If healing is inherant in everyone,and the persons body is already reacting with a normal response to stop the bleeding in a laceration, then what am I contributing, and what am i affecting...?

I can answer my own question...But what would be the fun in that? Laughing

Have a great day...

Jim

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Reikijim wrote:

Hi,

In my opinion,the short answer would definitly be yes...The practice of reiki can cause chemical change in an individual...

How could it not, when every other enviromental stimulus that we encounter causes a chemical reaction...? Even if reiki only affects our perception, a change is still evident...

I guess another question in this might be ...If the mind truly controls the body, could it be that reiki really only affect the brain...using the brain`s control over the body to enlist our natural healing abilities?

I say this because, I get the impression from some, that reiki acts on it`s own, like an "outside force". Regardless of how they qualify the belief...

If i put my hands over a laceration...I`m an outside force...attempting to change the chemistry of another...

I know reiki can slow down blood flow from a laceration...But does the energy affect the area locally, or does the energy trigger the brain and it`s associated systems to fix the problem by sending a coagulant in the blood system to that area?

If healing is inherant in everyone,and the persons body is already reacting with a normal response to stop the bleeding in a laceration, then what am I contributing, and what am i affecting...?

Have a great day...

Jim

Hi Jim, Good to hear from you cheers

You certainly have given us some
    food for thought. Indeed as a Reiki
    practitioner what am I contributing,
    and what am I affecting? sunny
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:55 am

well not to be a stick in the mud, but every action in life can create chemical changes within the body. We are constantly impacted by invisible inaudable vibrational waves of energy, which impact our energetic symstems immensly. The sights we see, the sounds we hear, the smells that hit our nostrils all invoke a physiological response, ie chemical change.

Reiki like all spiritual healing invokes physiological responses which induce the natural balancing and harmonising properties of the endocrine system. It's no coincidence that the chakra system closley correlates to the endocrine system. Anyone who has studied the chakra system ( Or equivalent in other cultures) knows that certain very specific spiritual 'powers' qaulities can be developed by meditating on different energetic points of perception.

I'd be very interested to see scientific research done into the immediate physiological changes and responses that occur during attunements. Just what happens to the pineal gland during an attunement?......The pineal gland is a powerhouse for spiritual evolution in human beings, yet so little is known about the functionings of this gland.

Theres a fascinating book called DMT the Spirit Molecule, by Rick Strassman....well worth a look at. I emailed him a while back asking if he knew anything about the physiolgical responses during Reiki attunements.... he said the Biology of Reiki is something he may consider for a future project..... Watch this space! Cool
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:05 am

Hi Sharon! As if by magic, here is an abstract of some old research done by a nurse on some Reiki 1 students during a class that shows significant changes in their Haemoglobin and Haematocrit (percentage of red blood cells to plasma) after Attunements.

http://jhn.sagepub.com/content/7/1/47.abstract

Interestingly, in the full article which I managed to get a paper copy of when I was working at the hospital, it showed changes in both directions I.e. Increases and decreases. The most marked increase was in a student with anaemia (low haemoglobin and Haematocrit) which brought the levels almost back to normal! A great example of Reiki bringing balance to the body!

Smile
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:25 pm

thanks Colin! you say this is quite old, perhaps then there has been more recent study in the same area?....remember Mathew Manning? he underwent alsorts of clinical trials back in the day to see if he could effect change on different human fluids in test tubes.. I was thinking about this the other day...( crikey been doing so much thinking lately) something was mentioned recently about Reiki being effective because of 'soul'.... kind of implying that the recipient of Reiki needs to have a soul for Reiki to be effective......hmmmmm I had my own issues about this and wanted to ask many questions, but the opportunity did not present itself.....anyway I got to wandering about Mathew Mannings tests back in the 70's...and thought it would be a great idea for some scientific studies to be done with Reiki practitioners and a variety of test tubes filled with different human fluid taken from different people with different illnesses/ diseases.

It's one thing to work with a human host, as we all know Reiki helps the body's natural healing responses kick-in. But I'd be interested to see studies done just with blood , other bodily fluids and petri dishes. Each cell in our body has it's own purpose to serve, can Reiki help create the appropriate conditions within each cell to bring it back into synch with it's true purpose? I believe it can... but I want to see it happen in a scientific setting. Very Happy the more scientific study done into the healing benefits of Reiki the more likely Reiki will be accepted as another treatment option alongside 'mainstream' healthcare. As Reiki practitioners, we are all aware of not only the profound consequences of receiving Reiki attunements, but also of the profound healing responses effected by a treatment. But we need to do more to encourage real scientific study., which leads to acceptance within the medical field.

We should start a new Reiki gang and start bombarding scientists with pleas to do more research in this field and offer our services up for testing!!!! study
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:28 pm

I should add perhaps all these kinds of test have already been done.....and I just haven't come across the results yet......I know I haven't read through the scientific forum on here properly yet.....so appologies if I'm spouting old ideas.....
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:43 pm

perhaps Reiki works to do with the practitioners soul. it would explain, and debunk many things... Suspect
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:18 pm

hmmm well we all have our own views as to the nature of soul...individual, collective, etc etc.... But the way this soul thing was brought up , was rather confusing and left me with lots and lots of questions I didn't get the chance to ask.

Nature is healing, being in the great out doors is the most satisfying food the soul can get....the feeling of communion that nature inspires is incredible.... we are threaded upon the same creative force that is Divine......and I have a real connection with the earth and plant life, but i do not feel that plants have an individuated soul or consciousness....they have a conscisousness but it is differnt to human consciousness... ( in my experience) so if healing can only occur because of soul......then it is not because of individuated soul, but because of the One soul.... Crikey too deep for this time in the day!!...I'm going for a cuppa!!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Pachamama wrote:

Nature is healing, being in the great out doors is the most satisfying food the soul can get....the feeling of communion that nature inspires is incredible.... we are threaded upon the same creative force that is Divine......and I have a real connection with the earth and plant life, but i do not feel that plants have an individuated soul or consciousness....

Plants , as in individual plants will respond to outside stimuli, such as postive or negative music, surroundings, etc. Plants also emit a sound, akin to a squeal once they are cut, or 'injured'.

The biggy for me, is my time in shamanism, in which i would commune with the spirit of different, individual plants.

Also, we must be aware of animism.

And, Hinduism beleives that we may under certain circumstances reincarante as a plant.

Pachamama wrote:
    they have a conscisousness but it is differnt to human consciousness... ( in my experience)

maybe, maybe not. it's immaterial what form of consciousness anything in existence has, surely.

Pachamama wrote:
    so if healing can only occur because of soul......then it is not because of individuated soul, but because of the One soul....

speaking about Reiki. All healing isn't Reiki. what i was getting at is the process a practitioner does, may begin with their soul. I cant comment anymore on my thoughts, it's been mentioned on here before anyhow.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    dharmabytes
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by dharmabytes Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:01 am

Here's a link to an article I found yesterday by Elizabeth Targ on some research she did on distant healing. (Not sure I can post a link yet, since I'm so new, but it's on the reiki-healing-touch website.)

Colin, very interesting about the hematocrit and hemoglobin. Like Pachamama, I'd be very curious to see more research into the physical changes during and after attunements, particular in the DNA. Does anyone know of any active research into that area?

Especially since so much of our DNA is supposedly "junk" DNA. I don't like that term "junk". Perhaps "inactive" would be more descriptive.
    fshortt
    fshortt
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by fshortt Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:14 am

Indeed, according to Dr. Melinda Connor and Dr. Gary Schwartz (Uni. Arizona) there is imperical evidence for this and more...

f

they have released peer-review papers as far as I am aware showing this change. (they can be found easily with a google-buddy)

Last edited by fshortt on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:30 am

Reikijim wrote:

Hi,

Have a great day...

Jim

I don't think Reiki only effects the brain. In any case it would then also effect the heart which ancients have always said is where wisdom and intuition eminates from... Modern science has verified that the human heart has an estimated average of 40,000 nerve cells (neurons/braincells). Its not just a mechanical pump. Also the elctromegnetic field it generates is much greater(farther reaching) than that of the brain. Maybe what we are doing/effecting is entraining/synchronising our hearts wisdom with that of the recipients, who's electromagnetic field then syncs in with it's neighbor upstairs and "tells" it what to do in order to heal.....just a thought heart smiley
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:03 am

LuvSoulJah wrote:
    Reikijim wrote:

Hi,

Have a great day...

Jim

I don't think Reiki only effects the brain. In any case it would then also effect the heart which ancients have always said is where wisdom and intuition eminates from... Modern science has verified that the human heart has an estimated average of 40,000 nerve cells (neurons/braincells). Its not just a mechanical pump. Also the elctromegnetic field it generates is much greater(farther reaching) than that of the brain. Maybe what we are doing/effecting is entraining/synchronising our hearts wisdom with that of the recipients, who's electromagnetic field then syncs in with it's neighbor upstairs and "tells" it what to do in order to heal.....just a thought heart smiley

Hi,

Well I would say that`s definitly a great thought! No doubt the questions just lead to more questions...
    Thanks for your reply...something for me to ponder... Question

Jim
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:07 am

ahh the heart! every healing training I have ever been involved with has placed great emphasis on this centre....( except some recent training)... I have always been taught to make a heart to heart connection with a recipient in regards to healing...I create a kind of three way triangle, where my heart centre and the heart centre of the recipient represent the two bottom points of a 'sacred triangle', the top point representing the heart of the Divine....the source of all healing.... I love you I have also been taught a variety of meditations which place great emphasis on the opening and healing prowess of the heart.....I bring earth energy up through the soles of my feet and cosmic energy down through the crown of my head, to meet at my heart centre.......where upon the mixing of these two energies have great healing ability... there are also meridians which lead from the third finger on each hand to our hearts.( thats why we wear our wedding bands on these fingers)...and also why ( as I have been taught) that we focus our awareness on the point of these two fingers during Gassho.. but not everyone has been taught the same stuff... My first Reiki teacher placed great emphasis on the heart...as did all my previous teachers...when we feel compassion for another, it is our heart that creates that state within us, not our heads...
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:14 am

another healer whom I didn't train with, but receieved healing from, told me about some scientifc research that had been done with murderers......she said many of these had malformed thymus'....and when we hug another she felt like it was the power of the thymus gland that had reign over the energetic ability of the heart...she relayed some very interesting food for thought..... I love you
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:19 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Pachamama wrote:

Nature is healing, being in the great out doors is the most satisfying food the soul can get....the feeling of communion that nature inspires is incredible.... we are threaded upon the same creative force that is Divine......and I have a real connection with the earth and plant life, but i do not feel that plants have an individuated soul or consciousness....

Plants , as in individual plants will respond to outside stimuli, such as postive or negative music, surroundings, etc. Plants also emit a sound, akin to a squeal once they are cut, or 'injured'.

The biggy for me, is my time in shamanism, in which i would commune with the spirit of different, individual plants.

Also, we must be aware of animism.

And, Hinduism beleives that we may under certain circumstances reincarante as a plant.

Pachamama wrote:
    they have a conscisousness but it is differnt to human consciousness... ( in my experience)

maybe, maybe not. it's immaterial what form of consciousness anything in existence has, surely.

Pachamama wrote:
    so if healing can only occur because of soul......then it is not because of individuated soul, but because of the One soul....

speaking about Reiki. All healing isn't Reiki. what i was getting at is the process a practitioner does, may begin with their soul. I cant comment anymore on my thoughts, it's been mentioned on here before anyhow.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

as regards being reincarnated as an animal or plant.....thats not my belief....
    as regards soul....well we're all figuring out own ideas of what that means....my views do not necessarily relate to many other peoples views... Arrow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:15 am