Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

The Veil, Reiki and the Great Bright Light

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

The Veil, Reiki and the Great Bright Light Empty The Veil, Reiki and the Great Bright Light

Post by Colin Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:49 am

I would like to share my thoughts and current understanding about the Reiki 'process' at a spiritual level:

The full radiance of the Great Bright Light which is inside everyone, everything and everywhere is usually hidden by a Veil. This Veil is known by many names, including the Veil of Ignorance, the Veil of Illusion or Maya. The Great Bright Light also has many names but I know it as Reiki.

Through practices such as Usui Reiki Ryoho we are able to lift that Veil occasionally to glimpse the world as it actually is, illuminated by our Great Bright Light. This is known as a satori in Japanese - a glimpse of enlightenment. Fully enlightened beings, great Masters of the past and present, have managed to cast off this Veil altogether, their Light shining for all to see. For people who have a regular personal spiritual practice, the Veil can become thinner, or may lift more frequently, or their Light may shine brighter.

When we perform a Reiki session, in the appropriate state of mind, we are able to lift our Veil and allow Reiki light to emanate. If it is in alignment with the life purpose of the recipient, this will stimulate the Reiki within them to allow the healing process to begin (sometimes their own Veil may be lifted temporaily too, which may account for some of the wonderful experiences described by clients).

When, as a Reiki teacher, we perform an initiation/attunement/Reiju, we lift our Veil by achieving the appropriate mindstate, allowing our Great Bright Light to stimulate a more conscious awareness of the Light within the student, switching on or enhancing their awareness of Reiki, so they too are able to stimulate the Light in others more easily.

Smile
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

The Veil, Reiki and the Great Bright Light Empty Re: The Veil, Reiki and the Great Bright Light

Post by Reikijim Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi Colin,

That is a beautiful interpretation...

Those words would do well in a teaching manual for Reiki...Thank you for sharing those thoughts with us. I really enjoyed reading this...

Jim Smile
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

The Veil, Reiki and the Great Bright Light Empty Re: The Veil, Reiki and the Great Bright Light

Post by Colin Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Thank you Jim! Smile
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:15 am

That is very well spoken (written?), Colin. I agree with Reikijim.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:35 am

Thanks! Smile
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Beautiful interpretation Colin I love you my own thought processes and experience are in complete alignment with what you have expressed....

Reiki is such a wonderful, simple yet powerful tool for spiritual awakening...for lifting that veil....Reiki is a true blessing in every sense of the word!! The Veil, Reiki and the Great Bright Light 850837
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:43 am

Excellant Colin. Feeling-provoking words. At a time that are most useful to me. I'm gonna recommend this for the must reads section.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:21 am

Thanks, Wayne...hope things are OK...hang on in there, mate, and keep your light shining!

Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:25 am

thanks Bro. I'm back again. Very tentatively. I'll stick a topic up later about , well - me. So it's bound to be a good topic, haha!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:36 pm