Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

need some guidance

keerti
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

need some guidance Empty need some guidance

Post by keerti Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Hello everyone, I am Keerti, a newbie in Reiki.

I had my 1st attunement 3 days ago... I am a little confused, and wanted to ask someone more experienced about it.

The attunement process was a wonderful experience for me and in the class when we checked on each other's energy right after the attunement, my partner told me that my energy was so warm that she felt a burning sensation in her hand.

My teacher taught us to practice reiki using chakra specific pyramids, as he said it magnifies the process.

When I performed my 1st practice (i.e. day 1 of the 21 day exercise), I did not feel anything major in my hands, the magnetic attraction was there, but when I used my hands on chakras there was no major sensation. I was doing it without pyramids, as I hadnt baught them because they were expensive. I thought I am not feeling anything in my body because I am doing it without pyramids. So I bought them anyway.

But when I practised using pyramids, there was no major change in terms of sensations.

My question is, are pyramids absolutely essential to Reiki? According to my teacher, if I don't use them, it would take me a lot of time for my healing. Is that right?

secondly, what kind of sensations must one expect during the 21 day practice? I feel a magnetic sensation in my hands but nothing in my body when I am working my hands on the chakras. Is that ok? Or is there something else that should happen?

Thanks for reading and I hope I can get some guidance on this.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

need some guidance Empty Re: need some guidance

Post by LightBody Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi Keerti. Welcome, and congratulations.

Reiki is undergoing a new phase of growth, and many new methods are being added to it on a regular basis... and as I've been involved in Reiki since 1993, I'm afraid to say that this Reiki Chakra Pyramid thingy is one of the new additions... would you mind providing a brief explanation of the technique?

I realize you are new and don't want to impose, but knowing what this new method is would help me create a response better suited to your needs.

Gassho
    keerti
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by keerti Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi Gassho,

Thanks so much for replying. Well the technique I am using is as follows. This one is for self healing.

Firstly, we lay down on our back. Then we place the pyramids on each chakra on the body. The pyramids are translucently coloured plastic structures. The colours correspond to the colour of each chakra, for instance violet for crown, indigo for third eye, blue for throat and so on.

Then, we call the Reiki energy into our hands, we proceed to check by bringing our hands closer and then taking them far to see if there is any magnetic attraction.

Once, it is confirmed that Reiki energy is there, we make the cho-ku-rei symbol in front of our bodies, and ask the Reiki energy to remove all negative energy from the body, visualising the same time.

Next we make the sei-hei-ki symbol and ask the reiki energy to fill the body with the unconditional love of god.

now, we place our hands over each chakra for 3 minute. we are supposed to feel warmth generating from our hands at this point. (I dont feel it in a pronounce way, for me the sensation is mild). some people report that they can even feel the chakras moving in their body but I dont sense these feeling.

After all the chakras are charged, we make the cho-ku-rei again and ask for protection against negative energies and to fill the body with the highest energies of god.

After all this we end the process by thanking the reiki energy for our healing.

I am very new to this and didn't know that there were older techniques as well. With this I have not seen any kind of improvement except for a short lived relaxed feeling after the process. Maybe its too early to judge since its only been 3 days. Please tell me what you think and I'd really be thankful if you could give me an alternative technique (only if you think it appropriate) so that I can experiment and see what works best for me.

Thanks again Very Happy
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi Keerti.

That's very helpful, thank you.

Ummm... before I begin a formal response, "gassho" is a Japanese word that means to put one's hands in prayer position while bowing with polite respect to another. :-)

keerti wrote:Hello everyone, I am Keerti, a newbie in Reiki.I had my 1st attunement 3 days ago... I am a little confused, and wanted to ask someone more experienced about it.

Again, welcome, and I hope you find this forum to provide useful information. RLL has attracted quite a diversity in Reiki practitioners.

keerti wrote:The attunement process was a wonderful experience for me and in the class when we checked on each other's energy right after the attunement, my partner told me that my energy was so warm that she felt a burning sensation in her hand.

That's great! Heat/warm/hot-hands is a traditional indicator of Reiki.

keerti wrote:My teacher taught us to practice reiki using chakra specific pyramids, as he said it magnifies the process.

I feel the process you have described is very useful, but depending on the overall personality of the class it may cause some students to focus on left-brain activities more than right-brain activities, meaning it may cause some to think more than to let go and sense energy. I say that because based on this thread, you seem to be thinking analytically (left-brain activities) about the process quite a bit. My feelings are that learning this stuff is sometimes best done with an emphasis on right-brain activities (free, creative expression and exploration), but again, that varies based on the overall personality of the class.

The process that you learned from your teacher is a process that your teacher has found to work well for themselves and their classes, but not all teachers teach that process.

I think it's still common for a teacher to teach a technique they have found to be useful as a Reiki technique... but that opens the doorway to the deeply philosophical question "what is Reiki". Each person eventually find their own meaning and sometimes definition of Reiki, and when they begin teaching, teach in a way that's right for them to teach.

Some teachers teach a style with a Western emphasis, others teach with a style with a Japanese emphasis, and others teach infinite combinations thereof.

In my personal opinion, the system and methods and techniques that are most correct are the one's that help the student and client heal.

keerti wrote:When I performed my 1st practice (i.e. day 1 of the 21 day exercise), I did not feel anything major in my hands, the magnetic attraction was there, but when I used my hands on chakras there was no major sensation. I was doing it without pyramids, as I hadnt baught them because they were expensive. I thought I am not feeling anything in my body because I am doing it without pyramids. So I bought them anyway.

But when I practised using pyramids, there was no major change in terms of sensations.

My question is, are pyramids absolutely essential to Reiki?

No, "pyramids" are not essential to Reiki. What you have learned was never a part of Mikao Usui's original teachings of Reiki, of Chujiro Hayashi or Hawayo Takata.

keerti wrote:According to my teacher, if I don't use them, it would take me a lot of time for my healing. Is that right?

No. It's more correct to say that it will take your teacher longer to teach you rather than to decrease or increase your healing time.

When you say it would take a lot of time for your healing, do you mean that it will take longer for you to self heal or to provide a healing treatment to a client?

keerti wrote:secondly, what kind of sensations must one expect during the 21 day practice?

The 21-day practice, also known as the 21-day cleanse, is another philosophical Reiki topic... some teachers include a 21-day-something in their teaching, others do not.

keerti wrote:I feel a magnetic sensation in my hands but nothing in my body when I am working my hands on the chakras. Is that ok? Or is there something else that should happen?

A magnetic sensation in your hands and no sensations in your body is absolutely perfect!

Yes, it is certainly okay.

There's not really something else that "should" happen, however be open-minded about allowing new perceptions to awaken as you continue to practice.

Personally I feel the most difficult obstacle many students experience is that of figuring out just how they sense "Reiki" energies. While "hot-hands" seem to be the common indicator, there are many other ways that a person can sense energy: sound, taste, smell, all sorts of physical interpretations, and most commonly a simple and quite "inner knowing".

What's important about the magnetic sensation in your hands is that you have a starting point, a point of reference to refer to as you become aware of even more types of energies (and there are many, many different types).

There are three recent threads that I would like to refer you to because I feel they contain some replies that are related to your questions. They will be a bit of a read, but if you can make the time to do so I think they may help you find a few more answers (and may even incite a few new questions, too):

Distance Reiki
    http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/t1836-distance-reiki

distance reiki - what are your methods?
    http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/t1868-distance-reiki-what-are-your-methods

beacons?
    http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/t1876-beacons

keerti
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by keerti Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Hello again,

Firstly, thank you so much for such an extremely warm welcome and very informative advice. This is so much more than what I thought I'll get.

I feel so comfortable with reiki now, courtesy you and this forum.I must congratulate you on making this forum, its the best thing that can happen to a newbie.

I went through the links you sent me, they answered a lot of my questions. I was very excited about learning reiki before my first class, but after it, I was loosing my confidence myself since... well i told u pretty much about. You've brought my interest and passion back again... so again Thank you!!

It wasnt much of a read, infact I loved it and am reading the other things in the forum as well.

To answer your question, my teacher didnt say anything specefic about the fact that pyramids are essential for self healing or treatments.
    He said that just like to go from one place to another, you need a medium to travel like a vehicle, so does reiki, pyramids serve as a medium through which reiki travels into the body. He said that you can skip using the vehicle and walk instead, the only difference would be that you'll take a longer time to traverse the distance.

What do you think?

Just a note, today's my fifth day, the sensations that were earlier very mild have become a little stronger. So, I guess I am making progress. Very Happy

Thanks again so much.

Gassho Wink
    keerti
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by keerti Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Just a correction, when I reread my post, I found that the following paragraph is gramatically 'very' incorrect. Embarassed

"I was very excited about learning reiki before my first class, but after it, I was loosing my confidence myself since... well i told u pretty much about."

It should have read like this

I was very excited about learning reiki before my first class, but after it, I started loosing confidence in myself since... the reasons I mentioned in my first post.

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi Keerti.

keerti wrote:Firstly, thank you so much for such an extremely warm welcome and very informative advice. This is so much more than what I thought I'll get.

I feel so comfortable with reiki now, courtesy you and this forum.I must congratulate you on making this forum, its the best thing that can happen to a newbie.

I suspect that within the next couple weeks more forum members will respond with their answers to your questions -- and in my opinion that's one of the nice things about this type of environment: lots of different opinions and perspectives. :-)

keerti wrote:I went through the links you sent me, they answered a lot of my questions. I was very excited about learning reiki before my first class, but after it, I was loosing my confidence myself since... well i told u pretty much about. You've brought my interest and passion back again... so again Thank you!!

Thank you and you're welcome. I'm certain within the next few days others will chime in, too.

keerti wrote:To answer your question, my teacher didnt say anything specefic about the fact that pyramids are essential for self healing or treatments. He said that just like to go from one place to another, you need a medium to travel like a vehicle, so does reiki, pyramids serve as a medium through which reiki travels into the body. He said that you can skip using the vehicle and walk instead, the only difference would be that you'll take a longer time to traverse the distance.

What do you think?

I think that there are a lot of people who have no sensations of magnetic fields, hot hands, or any other "symptom" of Reiki, and for that reason, believe that your instructor is teaching techniques the he or she believes is most helpful to all attending the class. Speaking from experience, sometimes instructors are in a "no-win" situation because they need to teach certain basic concepts, but unfortunately they can't always teach techniques that are right for everyone in the way each individual student is best suited to learn them.

I also feel that your experience is very good for a number of reasons. But basically, while it may have caused a little confusion to you in the beginning and the time that led you to discover this learning resource, it also teaches you a tool that you may later use to help others develop an understanding of how to begin sensing energy.

keerti wrote:Just a note, today's my fifth day, the sensations that were earlier very mild have become a little stronger. So, I guess I am making progress.

:-)

keerti wrote:Just a correction, when I reread my post, I found that the following paragraph is grammatically 'very' incorrect....

That happens. I don't know how experienced you are with online forums, but people from around the world participate and quite a few make posts using online translators. Sometimes errors are natural and posts contain grammatically incorrect but conversationally correct grammar, while other times posts are at the mercy of the online translators.

keerti
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by keerti Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:00 am

Hello lightbody,

Thankyou for your views on the pyramids and thank you for being so prompt in your answers.
    Gassho (thanks for teaching me this too) Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 7:33 am