Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Strange dreams before reiki

maggiesan
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Strange dreams before reiki Empty Strange dreams before reiki

Post by maggiesan Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:35 am

Hello. I'm new to reiki. I have a close friend who recently started to learn reiki and I became very interested in it. Come to find out, a friend of mine's mother is a reiki master. I told him I was interested in reiki for my emotional problems I am having and he is having her do distance reiki on me tonight (they are in california i am in maryland). After he told me she would do this for me, I had very strange dreams about her. I can't remember what was going on in the dreams but I felt very uneasy and nervous in my dreams and got very bad sleep. I'm nervous about reiki treatment because of this dream and scared it will harm the effectiveness of the healing process.

Is this normal to have such dreams about the person doing reiki for you? Or was this just from me being nervous about treatment making me dream these things?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Strange dreams before reiki Empty Re: Strange dreams before reiki

Post by Colin Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:16 am

Hi Maggiesan

There is nothing to worry about as far as absent Reiki healing is concerned. As in an in-person session, the Reiki practitioner only makes the Reiki that is within and around you already available for your mind and body to access and take the opportunity to initiate a healing process, a return to balance.

The dream may just be a co-incidence but if you really feel uncomfortable about receiving an absent healing session from that person then you do not have to go ahead with it.

What about your close friend who is learning about Reiki - could they not do an in-person Reiki session for you? It may be a good idea to get a Reiki session from someone you know and trust before accepting one from someone you have never met,if you are concerned.

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 9:23 am