Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Amazing reiki experience

osamenor
    osamenor

Amazing reiki experience Empty Amazing reiki experience

Post by osamenor Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:46 am

I just had an amazing experience with self reiki and thought I'd share:

The last week or so, I've had lots of overwhelming emotions, mostly sad, helpless, angry, depressed. The catalyst for stirring it up was probably an herbal formula my acupuncturist had me take--it was supposed to help clear stagnation in the liver, which, in my case, was probably stagnated emotions.

The awfulness lasted days after I stopped taking the tincture, though. Last night, at the height of feeling horribly depressed, I began to do self reiki--and immediately felt incredible compassion flowing into me. I wasn't feeling compassion for myself, I was receiving compassion. First strong evidence I've ever seen that what comes through me giving reiki does not actually come from me.

And with all that compassion, the depression eased, too. Amazing.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Amazing reiki experience Empty Re: Amazing reiki experience

Post by Milarepa Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Brilliant! Thank-you for sharing!

I'll move this to a better section, on Reiki experiences, Smile
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi Osamenor

Thanks for sharing you wonderful experience.

It is interesting how different people interpret experiences. Smile

For example, Hawayo Takata and most traditional Japanese Reiki teachers would say that Reiki IS within us all (after all if it is universal, spiritual energy, that makes sense, doesn't it because it must be everywhere?)

Whilst the experience itself is the most important and it was you that had it, not me (this time!) Smile I have experienced being flooded with similar almost overwhelming compassion and universal love (not often enough more my liking though! Smile ) but I interpreted it as the Reiki within me radiating out and connecting with the Reiki of the universe, and becoming aware of my true nature and the true nature of the universe, which vibrates at the frequency of universal love and compassion. Smile

Glad you are feeling better now though Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:49 am