Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

William Lee Rand's The Reiki Touch - emotional/mental issues?

RoseQuartz
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

William Lee Rand's The Reiki Touch - emotional/mental issues? Empty William Lee Rand's The Reiki Touch - emotional/mental issues?

Post by RoseQuartz Mon May 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Many of you are probably familiar with William Rand's The Reiki Touch, a complete system which is a reiki attunement. I was wondering if it covers emotional/mental issues, as well as the placing of the hands in that case? It looks like a great system, but is there something else that would work better for these issues?

Thankyou.
    Blessings.

Rose Quartz
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

William Lee Rand's The Reiki Touch - emotional/mental issues? Empty Re: William Lee Rand's The Reiki Touch - emotional/mental issues?

Post by Milarepa Mon May 11, 2009 6:17 pm

Hiya Rose,

RoseQuartz wrote:Many of you are probably familiar with William Rand's The Reiki Touch, a complete system which is a reiki attunement.

Wille Rand doesn't actually do distant initiations. And doesn't do it in the above package he sells. He does a healing at the end of the DVd, Smile.

RoseQuartz wrote:
    I was wondering if it covers emotional/mental issues, as well as the placing of the hands in that case?

It's aimed at folks at least on practitioner level, though not exclusively i guess. So, usage of SHK should be discussed. Is it for a specific reason you want more training, or just in general?

If you treat your endocrine system you can't go far wrong, as it deals with those things, as well as physical.

RoseQuartz wrote:
    It looks like a great system, but is there something else that would work better for these issues?

What have you got already? There might already be everything needed. It's common to look outside for other training, in the hope it'll somehow make us 'better' at healing. It doesn't work like that though, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    RoseQuartz
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

William Lee Rand's The Reiki Touch - emotional/mental issues? Empty Re: William Lee Rand's The Reiki Touch - emotional/mental issues?

Post by RoseQuartz Tue May 12, 2009 1:05 am

Thankyou for clarifying that. Steve Murray has a dvd for mental/emotional level attunements. There is also a book which I am aware of that covers hand positioning for mental/emotional problems for the self as well as others, which I am interested in. I am also interested in the endocrine system, however. That would be a great thing to learn.
    Enjoyed Steve Murray's Reiki Level 1 Distance Attunement which was a dvd also.
    I felt completely peaceful after the session, although I should have used it more.
    Enjoyed the reiki magazine and learning the symbols, working with angels, and distance healing. However, progress was suddenly halted by an illness.

Well, I'm not sure which to get first, but will make a decision. Thankyou for the help and information.

Blessings,
    Rose Quartz
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue May 12, 2009 2:10 am

RoseQuartz wrote:
    There is also a book which I am aware of that covers hand positioning for mental/emotional problems for the self as well as others, which I am interested in. I am also interested in the endocrine system, however. That would be a great thing to learn.

The 7 major glands in the endocrine system are in the same area as the 7 major chakras are said to be. The glands are responsible for many things. For instance, the Pineal gland has long been associated with spirituality, for many 1000's of years at least. It's in the area the 'third eye' is said to be. Smile.

RoseQuartz wrote:
    Enjoyed Steve Murray's Reiki Level 1 Distance Attunement which was a dvd also.
    I felt completely peaceful after the session, although I should have used it more.
    Enjoyed the reiki magazine and learning the symbols, working with angels, and distance healing.

There's a marked difference in what can be taught via distance, quite possibly a difference in what spiritual empowerment can be conferred between a DVD & in-person, Smile. Whereabouts are you from? I'd strongly encourage in-person training as always the most beneficial way. Quite often, Reiki teachers will do whatever is needed, in order to help anyone learn Reiki.

RoseQuartz wrote:
    However, progress was suddenly halted by an illness.

Hope you're ok now?

Take care
    Wayne
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Wed May 13, 2009 3:00 am

I have The Reiki Touch, and basically it's a good toolkit for Reiki practitioners who have already received the attunements to use for reference and to deepen their practice. The handbook is a modified version of the manuals Rand sells for teachers to use in their classes (it is what I use for mine) and does address mental/emotional issues through the use of SHK but does not specifically recommend hand placements or other particulars for certain issues. A good understanding of the emotional component of the chakra system (see Judith Anodea's "Eastern Body, Western Mind") will help, as well as deepening your intuition.

The DVD in the kit walks you through a typical Reiki treatment, demonstrating the hand positions, and then he does a segment where he sends distant healing to the viewer. Note: Rand is trained in hypontherapy and he has a very soothing voice. My friend and I could not watch it without getting sleepy! LOL Laughing
    RoseQuartz
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by RoseQuartz Thu May 14, 2009 1:51 am

Thank you both.

Milarepa,

I live in Jackson, MS. I don't have much money, so I don't know whether or not I could follow through with an in-person reiki initiation, but I would very much appreciate it if someone would tell me if there were attunements available in my area.

Thankyou very much,

Rose Quartz

bounce
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Thu May 14, 2009 2:46 am

RoseQuartz,

You can try doing a Google search on Reiki for your area to find a teacher. Here is one I found - you may want to contact her to find out more infomation:

http://www.newvibrationsjackson.com/newvibrations/2008/03/ascension-reiki.html
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Thu May 14, 2009 4:07 am

RoseQuartz wrote:Thank you both.

Milarepa,

I live in Jackson, MS. I don't have much money, so I don't know whether or not I could follow through with an in-person reiki initiation, but I would very much appreciate it if someone would tell me if there were attunements available in my area.

Thankyou very much,

Rose Quartz

bounce

One thing to note, is that many light workers barter. If you have some service you can provide that your RMT might need, such as an artistic talent, manual labor, maid service, mechanic service, et. al. they might be willing to trade services with you.
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Thu May 14, 2009 4:36 am

Also, to piggyback on Andy's comment regarding bartering...many teachers will allow a payment plan. Mine did that for me, and I offer it as well if needed. I can't imagine turning a potential Reiki practitioner away because they couldn't pay it all up front.
    RoseQuartz
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

William Lee Rand's The Reiki Touch - emotional/mental issues? Empty Thanks for the Info

Post by RoseQuartz Sun May 17, 2009 4:17 am

Thankyou, Everyone. . .

I checked out New Vibrations, and believe that was a bookstore that closed a little over a year ago. I did not know at the time that they offered Ascention Reiki classes, but tried to get in touch with them through e-mail as well as by phone and received a notice the the e-mails were no longer in service as wel as the phones.

So I'll do my own search on the internet. What a good idea! I'm sure I can find someone.

Thanks a lot everyone,

RoseQuartz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:53 pm