Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

THE HIGHEST GOOD? [a posteriori]

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

THE HIGHEST GOOD? [a posteriori] Empty THE HIGHEST GOOD? [a posteriori]

Post by Milarepa Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:19 am

THE HIGHEST GOOD?
    [a posteriori]

“So,” she says, “this 'higher self' thingy – it's like, well ... some sort of separate aspect of your being?”
    “Yes,” he says, “that's right, a more spiritual part.”
    “Then you must also have a kind of... “ she pauses, “ a kind of 'lower self' part as well?”
    “Well, yes – I suppose you could call it that; the more ordinary, mundane, 'in-the-world', conscious part of your being.”

“Hmm.” She frowns. “It all sounds a bit 'Dissociative Identity Disorder' to me...”
    She pauses, thoughtfully, then, “And you say this higher self thingy - it always knows what's in your best interests?”
    “Yes that's the theory: that it knows what's for your Highest Good, at any given moment in time.”

“Oh, right. Okay. And you say that when you 'send energy' to someone, it may or may not be accepted, depending on whether or not this higher self thing decides it's right for them?”
    He nods. “Yes, that's basically how I understand it.”

“Ah! - so this is why you believe you don't need bother consulting the person about whether or not they actually Want you to send energy to them? You don't see the need,” she continues, “to ask their conscious, lower self first – because you believe there's a 'higher' part of them that will basically overrule their conscious self, and accept what it decides is for their Highest Good – whether their conscious self likes it or not?”
    “Well...” he says, seeming a little less sure, “Yes, I suppose … you could look at it like that...”

“And everything is 'energy', right?”
    “Er, yes … Of course.”
    “Hmm... Right … O.K.” she says, thoughtfully. “Good, so ...”

Suddenly, her hand flashes out and delivers a painful, stinging slap across his cheek.

“Aah! What the …?!” He yells, utterly bewildered, as he clutches and gently rubs the side of his face.

“Oh, sorry,” she says in all seriousness, “I was just testing your theory.”

“You see,” she explains, “I 'sent' that slap with the intention that if it wasn't for your Highest Good right now, your higher self thingy wouldn't accept it. But now...” she says, with a look of puzzlement, “I can't quite decide... Does it mean that this supposedly higher part of your being felt you actually deserved a slap in the face now? Or, does it perhaps mean ...”

Smile

- James Deacon

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=615399208491011&id=524525297578403
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

THE HIGHEST GOOD? [a posteriori] Empty Re: THE HIGHEST GOOD? [a posteriori]

Post by rzukic Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:45 am

Hi Wayne,

bounce bounce bounce bounce  LOL

I am not sure if there is a such thing at RLL, but I would like to nominate this post for the "post of the year" and hope that at very least you would put it as a sticky post (and maybe make it mandatory to read for all the members Very Happy ).

It sure made my day (and of course Thank You goes to James. I hope this will go viral).

Best Regards,

Resko
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:51 am

Hi Resko,

Yeah it really good ain't it? Wrote by Mr. Attention to Detail himself. And wrote really well. I'll put forward your suggestion for a sticky to the other admin. I'm sure they'll see your post though. If not, i'll raise it tomorrow.

Warmest wishes

Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Great post! Witty but with a real message. I agree it should be made a sticky!
    Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:37 pm