Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Gonna start reading today..

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Gonna start reading today.. Empty Gonna start reading today..

Post by Milarepa Mon May 18, 2009 1:22 am

'The Field' by Lynne Mctaggart.

She's an award winning author, and investigative journalist, who for foru years researched the scientific work physicists, biologists, etc, where doing, into the very nature of reality. Very well documented, from, respected scientific sources.

It offers a scientific explanation for many of the most profound human mysteries, from alternative medicine and spiritual healing to extra sensory perception and the collective unconscious. It could even answer some of the big questions: what is human consciousness and what happens when we die.

The communication of the world does not occur in the visible realm of Newton, but in the subatomic world of Werner Heisenberg.

Cells and DNA communicate through frequencies.

The brain perceives and makes its own record of the world in pulsating waves.

A substructure underpins the universe that is essentially a recording medium of everything, providing a means for everything to communicate with everything else.
    People are indivisible from their environment.

Living consciousness is not an isolated entity. It increases order in the rest of the world.

The consciousness of human beings has incredible powers, to heal ourselves, to heal the world – in a sense, to make it as we wish it to be.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Folks say, after reading it, one tends to never view the universe in the same way again. I'm gonna start reading it today, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Gonna start reading today.. Empty Re: Gonna start reading today..

Post by chi_solas Mon May 18, 2009 1:32 am

Sounds like it re-enforces what Reiki's all about.
    sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon May 18, 2009 1:36 am

chi_solas wrote:Sounds like it re-enforces what Reiki's all about.
    sunny

that's what i'm seeing from those quotes also. I think it's going ot be a pretty exciting read!
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Mon May 18, 2009 3:22 am

It's been a few years since I've read McTaggart's book. It has some good introductory material, but I think it also has way too much hand-waving. She tends to use statements like "therefore" to jump over some pretty big gaps in explanation.

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon May 18, 2009 4:05 am

Bruce wrote:It's been a few years since I've read McTaggart's book. It has some good introductory material, but I think it also has way too much hand-waving. She tends to use statements like "therefore" to jump over some pretty big gaps in explanation.

Bruce

thanks fo that Bruce. I'll try to keep an more objective eye on it, Smile.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed May 27, 2009 2:21 am

Wayne, are you done with the book? did you like it?

I have that book sitting with me for a while, didn't finish it...couldn't connect,

scratch

Is it satisfying your curiosity and answering your questions?
    cyclops
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed May 27, 2009 2:49 am

hiya THC,
    I only got to really start it properly last night. I really find it fascinating. I've started to read it in conjunction with listening to Gamma meditation music. I'm kinda experimenting with that stuff also. I find it real easy to completely focus on it, with headphones on. The Gamma audios entrain your mind to gamma waves, which seem to be exhibited in tibetan monks, during meditation.

It's absolutely brilliant, hehe.

Anyhow, Lynne herself says in the prologue to the book, that her book is kinda only leading the way, with further exploration. It's certainly gonna give me a new perspective, but will only be one (albeit important) parts of study.

take care
    Wayne
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu May 28, 2009 2:06 am

I've started to read it in conjunction with listening to Gamma meditation music. I'm kinda experimenting with that stuff also. I find it real easy to completely focus on it, with headphones on. The Gamma audios entrain your mind to gamma waves, which seem to be exhibited in tibetan monks, during meditation.

It's absolutely brilliant, hehe.

Are you serious?

I really could use one of those! Very Happy

Reading some books - it's like a smooth sail! ...the style it is written, the language, the way it is communicated, etc,....

But others, I'll be reading some sentences over and over again and hard to keep my focus on.
    May be the music can help? cyclops
    Where can you sample those?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu May 28, 2009 2:43 am

yeah, it's real good.

check out: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (dunno if there's samples there).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Although i like the first one personally.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu May 28, 2009 3:18 am

Thanks Wayne, I'll check it out!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:50 pm