Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Can you help me with a book please?

Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Can you help me with a book please? Empty Can you help me with a book please?

Post by Pandora Mon May 25, 2009 6:54 am

I'm sure there's a book which lists the hibiki and their meanings - do any of you know which it is?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Can you help me with a book please? Empty Re: Can you help me with a book please?

Post by Milarepa Mon May 25, 2009 7:49 am

dunno about a book, but check this out for starters, Smile .

BYOSEN REIKAN HO
    Copyright ©️ 2003 James Deacon

Byosen Reikan Ho is a technique somewhat similar to the scanning practices taught in some 'western' lineage Reiki styles.

Byosen is concerned with the 'energetic sensation' perceived at areas of dis-harmony or dis-ease.

Whenever there is a dis-ease, dis-harmony or dis-order in a person's energetic makeup (whether or not the individual is aware of it) there will always be an accompanying 'energetic sensation', referred to as hibiki ('resonance') - providing one is aware of what to look for - and providing one has developed the necessary sensitivity skills to perceive it.

Thus, it is theoretically possible to identify and treat such imbalances before the physical symptoms of the dis-order even have a chance to manifest.

And at the other end of the spectrum, it is possible to determine whether or not the patient is really 'cured', as, even when the outward symptoms of a dis-order have been alleviated, the continued presence of hibiki would indicate the likelihood of the dis-order reoccurring in the future.

In an ideal world - it is said that a seasoned practitioner can infer from the hibiki the cause, current status, and amount of treatment required to heal the dis-ease.)

But Byosen is not a diagnostic technique per se, rather is a method of locating and treating the source of illness.

The precise nature of the sensations experienced varies from one person to another and is also dependent on the nature of the manifesting dis-harmony or dis-ease.

Amongst possible sensations picked up by the practitioner may be: pulsing, heat, coolness, 'flatness', numbness, pain, 'prickliness', tingling, 'pulling', etc.

To complicate matters somewhat hibiki sensations, while commonly experienced at the topical site of the person's dis-ease, may actually be experienced in a different area of the body entirely.

For example, a dis-harmony in the stomach may produce hibiki in the forehead, respiratory problems might be indicated by hibiki on the backs of the hands, etc.

For this reason, in order to use Byosen effectively, many people suggest that the practitioner have at least a basic grounding in some form of 'meridian'-based diagnostic-treatment theory as expounded by various practices of TJM/TCM (Traditional Japanese / Chinese Medicine).

Formal Byosen Ho begins with the practitioner performing gassho and praying /intending that the Reiki phenomenon will flow freely through them for the healing and wellness of the client.

Then, beginning at the head and working down the body, the practitioner slowly starts to scan with their hands, searching out the energetic sensations indicative of areas in need of Reiki treatment.

Some hibiki and their common significance

[Note: the intensity of the stimulus perceived can often reflect the severity/depth of the problem]:

Attraction generally signifies a need for treatment at the area of pull

Repulsion indicates a probable long-standing blockage or inhibition of energy flow - something which may take a considerable amount of treatment to alleviate

Pain often indicates an excess or buildup of energy in the given area (due to a blockage, etc). Sharp pain is sometimes considered to be a sign that the 'pressure' in the given area is causing a negative effect elsewhere in the system

Tingling frequently signifies an area of inflammation

Heat sensations in the therapist's hands are indicative of Reiki being 'drawn' by the client

Coldness signifies a deficit of energy in the area (or at least a suppression of energy) - due to blockage,etc

Flux/Flow
    indicates a positive, balanced state - which will nonetheless still benefit from receiving treatment

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Can you help me with a book please? Empty Re: Can you help me with a book please?

Post by Pandora Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:01 am

Hiya

I see I didn't thank you for posting the link! So belated thanks.

James, if you're about, where did you get the information from? Is there an original source I could go to?

Cheers
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:30 am

no probs Chris. James prop is the original source. He's a lengthy background in numerous paths/therapies. Smile
    JohnC
    JohnC

Post by JohnC Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:57 am

Light on the Origins of Reiki (Tadao Yamaguchi):-

Feelings of Byosen can be classified as follows (in increasing strength of reaction):-

1. On-netsu (warmth)
    2. Atsui-on-netsu (Intense heat)
    3. Piri-piri kan (tingling sensation)
    4. Hibiki (throbbing sensation)
    5. Itami (pain)

Apparently, this information is contained in a Q&A section answered by Usui Sensei within "Reiki Ryoho no Shiori" published by Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai Wink .

I'll give anyone a fiver for a copy of the same (a tenner if it's accompanied by an English translation). Mad

Regards,

John
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:54 am

JohnC wrote:Light on the Origins of Reiki (Tadao Yamaguchi):-

Feelings of Byosen can be classified as follows (in increasing strength of reaction):-

1. On-netsu (warmth)
    2. Atsui-on-netsu (Intense heat)
    3. Piri-piri kan (tingling sensation)
    4. Hibiki (throbbing sensation)
    5. Itami (pain)

Apparently, this information is contained in a Q&A section answered by Usui Sensei within "Reiki Ryoho no Shiori" published by Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai Wink .

I'll give anyone a fiver for a copy of the same (a tenner if it's accompanied by an English translation). Mad

Regards,

John

John, that's very interesting! I note he doesn't list itching though - sometimes I get itchy palms when I'm giving Reiki. Thank you!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:53 pm

JohnC wrote:

Euro, or sterling, John? Laughing . Smile .
    JohnC
    JohnC

Post by JohnC Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:00 am

Pandora wrote:John, that's very interesting! I note he doesn't list itching though - sometimes I get itchy palms when I'm giving Reiki. Thank you!

Hi Chris - You're right - doesn't seem to be a comprehensive list - no mention of cold either, or flow (I feel a kind of localised airflow sometimes, generally related to chakras)

Have you checked out your hands when you feel the itching - are the palms blotchy with little white areas?

Aside from the manual aspect there're also internal feelings during the process...

Milarepa wrote:Euro, or sterling, John?

Zimbabwean Dollars or Euro equivalent - must be a signed copy. Suspect

Incidentally, I tried several times to channel this book through the akashic records and my guides couldn't find it in the index at all. Embarassed

John
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:16 pm

John thanks for that - as I tend to give Reiki in dimly lit rooms I'm not sure I'd be able to see colour changes on my hands, but I will try and look.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 pm