Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Milarepa
Rlei_ki
6 posters

Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them!

Poll

OK, so I've just been offered 'attunement' to THIRTEEN 'Grandmaster' levels of Reiki [designated levels 5 thorugh 17] for free - nada - zilch (I don't even have to sign away my soul...) should I:

[ 1 ]
    Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Bar_left6%Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Bar_left6%Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Bar_left12%Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Bar_left18%Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 6 ]
    Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Bar_left35%Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Bar_right [35%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Bar_left5%Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Bar_right [5%] 

Total Votes: 17
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Empty Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them!

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:08 am

Question
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Empty Re: Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them!

Post by Milarepa Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:54 am

All first 7 look good to me.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! Empty Re: Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them!

Post by Pandora Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:38 am

Can I then call myself Grandmaster Flash? Or maybe Grandmistress?

lol!
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:42 pm

James-y won't do it!!!!!!!!! Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! 158903

Very Happy flower sunny

It goes against all his teachings, passions and principles!!
    There simply isn't another level... End of conversation!

Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! 837313
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:51 am

Pandora wrote:Can I then call myself Grandmaster Flash? Or maybe Grandmistress?

lol!

You can probably call yourself anything you like -

Grandmaster Flash (with or without the "Furious (Reiki) Five"

Reiki Grandmistress

Reiki Grand-Mrs

Or you could simply go for the nice little Japanese title of Reiki 'Obaasan'

(Reiki Grandma)

[ Aw heck, now I've got that song going round in my head - you know the one - St. Winifred's School Choir singing "There's no-one quite like Grandma" Mad What a Face ]

Last edited by Rlei_ki on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:04 am

So James,
    You will let us know what you decided on , won't you??

bounce

Obaasan??

Reiki Grandmaster levels - 13 of them! 564490
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:30 am

I didn't know there was a "Grandmaster" lineage in Reiki.

Now, I do know that in countries like India, they will use that title (has cultural relevance for them, I guess) but beyond that, there is no lineage bearer per se in Reiki.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:24 am

Dragonfly wrote:I didn't know there was a "Grandmaster" lineage in Reiki.

Hi Dragonfly

the 'Grandmaster' levels mentioned here have nothing to do with the issue of Grandmaster/Lineage-bearer which arose in the Reiki community after Takata-sensei's passing.

In recent years, it seems some 'independent' Reiki practitioners decided to introduce (or as they maintain 'channel') new levels above and beyond that of Reiki 'master' (a development, I suppose partly inspired by the earlier splitting of the 'master' level into 2 parts, and partly from styles such as Radiance Technique Reiki).

Each new 'level' has its own initiation procedure and newly created symbol (and in many cases, very little else...)

These additional levels are now being referred to as 'Grandmaster' levels.

Dragonfly wrote:.... but beyond that, there is no lineage bearer per se in Reiki.

I would strongly disagree.

Each and every one of us who has received Reiki Initiation is a lineage-bearer Smile
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:54 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Hi Dragonfly

Each new 'level' has its own initiation procedure and newly created symbol (and in many cases, very little else...)

These additional levels are now being referred to as 'Grandmaster' levels.

Dragonfly wrote:.... but beyond that, there is no lineage bearer per se in Reiki.

I would strongly disagree.

Each and every one of us who has received Reiki Initiation is a lineage-bearer Smile

As to the first, thanks for clarifying. I don't know about you, but I'm waiting for the Grand-grandmaster levels to come out and get all those done at once. tongue Imagine the power! Laughing

As to the second, you are correct. My bad!
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Dragonfly wrote:... I don't know about you, but I'm waiting for the Grand-grandmaster levels to come out and get all those done at once. tongue Imagine the power! Laughing

Well, there could be a slight problem with getting them all done at once - you see, since creating this poll, I've now discovered there is yet another Grandmaster level I had previously been unaware of. Though, as with previous ones, Level 18 is comprised of little more than another symbol and accompanying attunement...

Smile

As the symbols given in these Grandmaster levels are (nearly) all Japanese kanji-pairs (in each level, the first kanji is the same: 'dai') I'm beginning to wonder if the final number of levels will only be limited by the number of other kanji characters which can be combined with 'dai' to form new words....

silent
    Dennis
    Dennis

Post by Dennis Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Is this offer just for attunements and symbols with no additional information? That would seem less than desirable to me. I would hope that with this new title there would be more information and techniques.

I have always been impressed with your quest to learn as much as you could about Reiki. Your website offers a wealth of information. I would guess that if this were a legitimate offer that you would accept it if for no other reason than to just learn more.

Since this post is more than a few months old, I am curious as to what came of this? Question

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:18 pm