Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

    Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Share
    avatar
    thehungrycaterpillar
    Member
    Member

    Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by thehungrycaterpillar on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:06 am

    Hi!
    I was pleasantly surprised to find out that not a lot of RPs believe in chakras!
    How did chakras get mixed up with the system? is it a 'recent' thing?
    Curious....

    Rolling Eyes
    THC
    avatar
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by Rlei_ki on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:04 pm

    thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Hi!
    I was pleasantly surprised to find out that not a lot of RPs believe in chakras!

    'believe in', or 'work with'?


    Smile


    thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    How did chakras get mixed up with the system?

    You might as well ask how did any of the 'add-on concepts' get mixed up with the system:

    Smudging, the 21-day cleanse, the 'healing crisis', 'Reiki guides', Ascended Masters, Tibetan Deities, treatment contra-indications, alternative / additional symbols, extra levels, channeled teachings, psychic surgery, 'calling-in the energy', protection rituals, 'reiki oils', ninja mudras, Western magic banishing rituals, 'reiki divination' systems, etc, etc:

    is it a 'recent' thing?

    Well, while a few Japanese Reiki folk work with the chakra system (- that is, Japanese folks who teach and practice various 'new age' Reiki styles) those who claim to practice 'traditional' styles, do not use the chakra system.

    Takata-sensei did not use the chakra system.

    However, some of her students did.
    Several of her students were already involved in various 'new age' practices when they encountered Reiki.
    Some were involved in spiritual healing practices of various kinds, and were drawn to Reiki as a way of deepening/ 'rounding out' their existing abilities.

    Chakra theory was obviously something familiar to many of them, as were some of the other theories, beliefs and practices which have become part of Reiki over the years.

    So, it would seem most likely that Chakra theory first collided with Reiki practice some time in the (mid ?) 1970's




    .
    .
    .


    _________________
    reiki ni rei

    James

    James Deacon's REIKI PAGES
    http://www.aetw.org

    Facebook Page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Deacons-Reiki-Pages/524525297578403

    avatar
    Thaak
    Member
    Member

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by Thaak on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:03 am

    I think the issue is two-fold:

    1) Those who feel the Seiki Tanden (which most of us didn't even know existed until we came to this board) is all you need to worry yourself over when considering "energy organs" and Reiki.

    Wayne and I have gone round and round on this several times. The debate has brought up very good points on both sides I feel.

    Since Usui did not use the Chakra's, then if you incorporate them into your Reiki Healing system and teach Chakra's when you teach Reiki, then the system is no longer Usui Reiki, but some say Andy Christian's Reiki.

    2) Those who feel that Chakra's are "energy organs" and part of our collective body (including our energy bodies and physical body.) As such, why would you not treat them as you would treat someone's sore elbow?

    I'm of the 2nd opinion.
    avatar
    thehungrycaterpillar
    Member
    Member

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by thehungrycaterpillar on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:00 am

    'believe in', or 'work with'?

    Actually a lot of people don't seem to believe in chakras!

    Thanks, James , cool info!!! sunny
    cheers
    avatar
    thehungrycaterpillar
    Member
    Member

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by thehungrycaterpillar on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:15 am

    Thanks Andy, your Answers Are Always A+ ! Very Happy
    Me too,
    always looking for interesting points of view! Cool
    avatar
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by Dragonfly on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:16 am

    I would wager that most of us are not practicing "Usui Reiki." I was taught the chakra system when I learned Reiki, and it was a part of another energy healing system I learned, so for me it made sense. As times goes on and my intuition and understanding of the body increases, the less need I have to be concerned about the chakras themselves, per se. It's just all part of the package.
    avatar
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by Rlei_ki on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:20 am

    thehungrycaterpillar wrote:... a lot of people don't seem to believe in chakras!

    Well, of course not everyone has chakras, y'know.

    You can actually get rid of them - and some folks choose to do so

    there's at least a couple of Taoist(?) practices of alchemical transmutation designed to 'dissolve-through' different energy-centres

    silent


    reiki ni rei

    James


    _________________
    reiki ni rei

    James

    James Deacon's REIKI PAGES
    http://www.aetw.org

    Facebook Page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Deacons-Reiki-Pages/524525297578403

    avatar
    Thaak
    Member
    Member

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by Thaak on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:33 am

    Rlei_ki wrote:
    thehungrycaterpillar wrote:... a lot of people don't seem to believe in chakras!

    Well, of course not everyone has chakras, y'know.

    You can actually get rid of them - and some folks choose to do so

    there's at least a couple of Taoist(?) practices of alchemical transmutation designed to 'dissolve-through' different energy-centres

    silent


    reiki ni rei

    James

    There is a interesting anecdote:

    When the conquistadors and colonialists were out traveling and colonizing the "new world" and the "far east", a few of them ran into islanders who had no concept of technology and still traveled by canoe. These people did not have anything in their cultural memory of great sailing ships. So they did not see them. The only one amongst them who saw these sailing ships was the shaman, who only saw it because he was able to step between consensual reality and the unseen worlds. The ships were certainly there, but because the people had no concept of a sailing ship, they did not see them. They did not exist in their reality.

    bring this to the Chakra question:

    I firmly believe in them. I work on my own, I use my own when facilitating healing for others, I can feel them. In my reality they exist.

    So if in someone elses reality they have "gotten rid of them", which is something I find rather dubious considering that my belief system states they are energy organs that tie our energy body to our physical body (indeed the endocrine glands are the first physical manifestation of the energy organs that are Chakras), then what happens when the two belief systems clash?

    If those ships shot the people with their cannon, they would have died, but had no idea where the cannonball came from.

    So if I work on someone's chakra's, who has "gotten rid of them" or "don't have any" but my belief is strongly in them, what happens? Our belief systems seem to be mutually exclusive yes?

    Would I experience working on their Chakra's and they experience me working on their "other energy centers?"
    avatar
    vijaybali
    Member
    Member

    hi

    Post by vijaybali on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:02 am

    Dear THC,

    if i give simple anwsered it is not matter anybody believe or not but erergy is very intelligent it will fallow by own for charging and it first charged chakars and than other part may be they believe or not.

    but i feel those who believe are more near to understand healing system or u can say they got fast result and less time because when you knew particular point you can heal faster it my experience.

    remember chakara is key area for all soul healing system may be any method, anybody believe or not it will go ownway,

    take care with regards
    vj
    avatar
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by Lambs-Wool on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:03 pm

    Dragonfly wrote:I would wager that most of us are not practicing "Usui Reiki." I was taught the chakra system when I learned Reiki, and it was a part of another energy healing system I learned, so for me it made sense. As times goes on and my intuition and understanding of the body increases, the less need I have to be concerned about the chakras themselves, per se. It's just all part of the package.

    quite well said Smile

    plus, isn't this a human tendency that we try to 'shelf' every incoming piece of information with what similar we already have on our mind...

    and so is with new knowledge, new art, new discipline... when we come across a new thing, we try to associate it what already we have known as something similar to this new thing... and hence, this confusion of unduly mixing different things...


    like when i was introduced to reiki, i immediatly try to tap in the concepts of kundalini, breathing, prana, etc. into reiki... but within some time i felt that reiki is far more elegant, beautiful and simple than what i already knew about related spiritual practices... and so 'reiki ni rei' Smile


    chakras is something the same story... like if we have to treat somebody with stomach disorder, we dont have to necessarily know how digestive system works if we have to give reiki treatments... so just as that, we dont have to know how chakra's work if we have to give treatments for energy harmonization.... reiki flows more smooth when we minimize our knowledgeable mind, and replace it with our mindful mind... so that we are being reiki, instead of doing reiki just like you say 'let go, and let reiki'


    Smile


    take care

    salman
    avatar
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by Milarepa on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:14 pm

    Lambs-Wool wrote: reiki flows more smooth when we minimize our knowledgeable mind, and replace it with our mindful mind...

    This is a good sentence Salman buddy! It's maybe that when we let go of all the trappings placed on Reiki, that we're able to focus more clearly on it, and notice what's always already there. This may initally seem it's making it more 'smooth'. Really, it's always like this, and when we're in a space where we see/expereince it, the magic happens.

    Colin helped bridge a gap in my own undertsanding, suggesting that in things like Hatsurei ho we aren't moving anything, but simply noticing at any given point what is already there.

    Many thanks for that Colin, your words really helped my perception greatly!

    Take care
    Wayne


    _________________
    "That which is able to save your body and soul is naohi given by God". Onisaburo Deguchi.
    avatar
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by Colin on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:31 am

    Milarepa wrote:
    Lambs-Wool wrote: reiki flows more smooth when we minimize our knowledgeable mind, and replace it with our mindful mind...

    Yes, indeed - an excellent sentence, Salman!
    cheers

    Milarepa wrote:
    Colin helped bridge a gap in my own undertsanding, suggesting that in things like Hatsurei ho we aren't moving anything, but simply noticing at any given point what is already there.

    Many thanks for that Colin, your words really helped my perception greatly!


    No problem, Wayne! Very Happy

    That is the great thing about fora like this: with so many different people from around the world with so many different experiences the special gems of truth shine through - often without the writer being fully aware of the impact of their words!

    ----> Shikin Haramitsu Daikomyo

    "In every encounter experience, there is the potential for gaining our enlightenment, the possibility of finding that one missing piece of the puzzle that brings about illumination. It is our own mind that determines the experience to be positive or negative."
    -Masaaki Hatsumi.

    Ai to Hikari
    Colin


    _________________
    Ai to Hikari
    Colin

    ***********************
    Reiki: pure & simple

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/reiki.colin/reiki.htm
    http://www.facebook.com/reiki.pureandsimple

    The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us. (Morihei Ueshiba)

    Reiki is what happens when you make friends with the Universe! (Colin)

    Ki flows, Reiki glows! (Colin)
    avatar
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by Lambs-Wool on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:25 pm

    thanks Colin, Thanks Wayne Smile

    [quote="Milarepa] This may initally seem it's making it more 'smooth'. Really, it's always like this, and when we're in a space where we see/expereince it, the magic happens.

    Colin helped bridge a gap in my own undertsanding, suggesting that in things like Hatsurei ho we aren't moving anything, but simply noticing at any given point what is already there.
    [/quote]


    yes, Vincent Amador says somewhere "we are where our awareness is" and i wonder how true Smile !!


    the beauty of reiki is that it never has to be imported, rather it has to be unveiled, and that too, without effort of doing so... it smoothly happens on its own way... and quoting 'magic happens', we suddenty feel we have had it already Smile


    in the beginning of my reiki path, i was could feel the feeling of 'being reiki' more than i do today... i dont know whether it is some sort of spiritual demotion, or else, i dunno, but today i certainly miss that feeling of feeling the feeling of 'being reiki'... Wayne, Andy, i remember sharing this feeling with you on bebo these days... and without doubt, i did have a taste of 'univesal, un-conditional love' in those days....

    i dont know how to relive those days though Smile


    your inspiration, the soft, benevolent words of Colin, the guidance Andy has always given me around, and the share of knowledge and insight by revered James is what that i count as priceless gems i have fortunately found so initially on my way to englightment... thanks guys Smile god bless u !!


    take care

    salman
    avatar
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by Milarepa on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:30 pm

    Lambs-Wool wrote:


    in the beginning of my reiki path, i was could feel the feeling of 'being reiki' more than i do today... i dont know whether it is some sort of spiritual demotion, or else, i dunno, but today i certainly miss that feeling of feeling the feeling of 'being reiki'... Wayne, Andy, i remember sharing this feeling with you on bebo these days... and without doubt, i did have a taste of 'univesal, un-conditional love' in those days....

    i dont know how to relive those days though Smile

    I undertstand what you're saying bro. Within spirituality, we tend to get these little 'present/gifts', quite often at the start of a path. We can use them as some kinda 'verification' that there 's indeed something to what we're doing.

    Then, often, the fantastic expereinces can go. Really, even spiritual expereince are temporary, and we shouldn't seek them, or place too much attachment on them, else they'll evade us more. These expereinces, no matter how lovely, arn't the end goal, and can distract us.

    It's also known within spiritual paths, that the more we think we aren't advancing, the further progress actually is being made. Sometimes, when we feel we are stagnant, that's when we're moving the most.

    Either way, Kansha shite, for the option of being able to be on the path, as i know you do, Smile .

    take care
    Wayne


    _________________
    "That which is able to save your body and soul is naohi given by God". Onisaburo Deguchi.
    avatar
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by Lambs-Wool on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:52 pm

    Milarepa wrote:
    I undertstand what you're saying bro. Within spirituality, we tend to get these little 'present/gifts', quite often at the start of a path. We can use them as some kinda 'verification' that there 's indeed something to what we're doing.

    Then, often, the fantastic expereinces can go. Really, even spiritual expereince are temporary, and we shouldn't seek them, or place too much attachment on them, else they'll evade us more. These expereinces, no matter how lovely, arn't the end goal, and can distract us.

    It's also known within spiritual paths, that the more we think we aren't advancing, the further progress actually is being made. Sometimes, when we feel we are stagnant, that's when we're moving the most.

    Either way, Kansha shite, for the option of being able to be on the path, as i know you do, Smile .

    take care
    Wayne

    thanks Wayne Smile for the lovely comments and share!


    as you have already put it so beautifully and eloquently, i will not spoil the taste by adding that how much i m in agreement with all what you said above Smile


    take care

    salman

    Sponsored content

    Re: Reiki and belief in chakras....

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:15 am