Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

The Mysterious Albert

Reikijim
    Reikijim

The Mysterious Albert Empty The Mysterious Albert

Post by Reikijim Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:35 am

Hi Folks,

Wanted to share a quote, or two, I like...

"A human being is part of the whole called the universe, a part limited in time and space.

We experience our thoughts, our feelings and ourselves as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of our consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in it`s beauty."

Albert Einstein

" The most beautiful and most profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the source of all true science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms, this knowledge, this feeling is the center of true experience."

Albert Einstein

...and one more...

"Science usually fails in answering the truly interesting questions...."

Author Unknown

Smile RJ
    Thaak
    Thaak

The Mysterious Albert Empty Re: The Mysterious Albert

Post by Thaak Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:25 am

interesting that one of the greatest scientific and logical minds of current era, has such beautiful philosophical statements and beliefs.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:51 am

For sure. Albert even kept a copy of Madame blavatsky's 'The Secret Doctrine' on his desk. Now that's interesting!!!!!
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:51 am

My dad is currently reading a book, and I don't remember the author's name, but she apparently used to be a rock-n-roll singer, who channels Albert Einstein. Much of the information she's channeled seems to be very spiritual in nature.
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

The Mysterious Albert Empty More Albert

Post by Reikijim Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi There,

I just came from a web page devoted to things said by Albert Einstein. It was interesting in that, his ideas have such complexity, that they were interpreted by different people in different ways, although he was stating the same ideas.
    No wonder confusion and argument exist regarding the bigger thinkers in our historical past. I read agnostic comments, or should I say comments that could be interpreted as agnostic, considering that the ideas shared, in regard to the existence of, and description therein, of God, were so far removed from the norm...wow...the guy is difficult to grasp when engaged in free thinking...blows me away
    here`s a link to the page if anyone is interested...

www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/quotes_einstein.html

This is one quote that is easier to understand...just for fun...

“However, Einstein's God was not the God of most other men. When he wrote of religion, as he often did in middle and later life, he tended to adopt the belief of Alice's Red Queen that "words mean what you want them to mean," and to clothe with different names what to more ordinary mortals — and to most Jews — looked like a variant of simple agnosticism. Replying in 1929 to a cabled inquiry from Rabbi Goldstein of New York, he said that he believed "in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exist, not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of men." And it is claimed that years later, asked by Ben-Gurion whether he believed in God, "even he, with his great formula about energy and mass, agreed that there must be something behind the energy." No doubt. But much of Einstein's writing gives the impression of belief in a God even more intangible and impersonal than a celestial machine minder, running the universe with indisputable authority and expert touch. Instead, Einstein's God appears as the physical world itself, with its infinitely marvelous structure operating at atomic level with the beauty of a craftsman's wristwatch, and at stellar level with the majesty of a massive cyclotron. This was belief enough. It grew early and rooted deep. Only later was it dignified by the title of cosmic religion, a phrase which gave plausible respectability to the views of a man who did not believe in a life after death and who felt that if virtue paid off in the earthly one, then this was the result of cause and effect rather than celestial reward. Einstein's God thus stood for an orderly system obeying rules which could be discovered by those who at the courage, imagination, and persistence to go on searching for them. It was to this past which he began to turn his mind soon after the age of twelve. The rest of his life everything else was to seem almost trivial by comparison.”

Ronald W. Clark, Einstein: The Life and Times, New York: World Publishing, 1971, pp. 19-20.

Smile RJ

Last edited by Reikijim on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling as per usual...I was lucky to pass english in high school...lol)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 pm