Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+13
daisy
Milarepa
fshortt
vijaybali
Arabella
TWolfsong
chi_solas
renukakkar
Shannon
KelleyB
Curly
Dragonfly
Rlei_ki
17 posters

Before doing level 1...

Poll

had you experienced a Reiki Treatment before you took your reiki level 1 initiation and training?

[ 27 ]
    Before doing level 1... Bar_left56%Before doing level 1... Bar_right [56%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Before doing level 1... Bar_left40%Before doing level 1... Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Before doing level 1... Bar_left4%Before doing level 1... Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Before doing level 1... Bar_left0%Before doing level 1... Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Before doing level 1... Bar_left0%Before doing level 1... Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 48
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Before doing level 1... Empty Before doing level 1...

Post by Rlei_ki Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:21 am

Just curious...
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Before doing level 1... Empty Re: Before doing level 1...

Post by Dragonfly Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:31 am

I had received some Pranic Healing while in India, which is what led me to Reiki and to my teacher. I went to him for a Reiki session to see if he would be the right fit, and it was.
    Curly
    Curly
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Curly Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:58 am

Had 1 just front of body done by a friend, then 3 full treatments from my (now)RMT. My opinion is that everyone should have at least 1 full treatment before starting any training for Reiki but like I say that's what I believe. The reason I believe this is how can you treat someone if you don't know what it feels like, ok it don't feel the same for everyone or even every treatment can feel different.

Jan
    KelleyB
    KelleyB
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by KelleyB Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:45 am

Curly wrote:The reason I believe this is how can you treat someone if you don't know what it feels like, ok it don't feel the same for everyone or even every treatment can feel different.

Jan

Hiya Jan....I'm not sure that people HAVE to have experienced reiki before undertaking to learn about it....from my own experience, the tutor / teacher / facilitator has the perfect opportunity to bring the individual through their experience of reiki whilst imparting the knowledge of the energy....I have a couple of people doing level 1 at the moment who had heard about reiki, but have never experienced it and they're loving the feeling....each class they go away and work with the energy and themselves....

As part of all of the courses I have undertaken, the individuals in the class had an opportunity to give and receive Reiki under supervision of the facilitator. And afterward discussed the experiences either with the group as a whole or privately with whoever was giving the course

My opinion is that self care/treatment is the prerequisite, and if so, then surely before working with others, each individual will have their own experience of the energy?

'arguments' for both sides I suppose! I know I had reiki treatments before I did my level 1 training....but even then it took ages for it to 'click' with me what it was about....
    Kelley
    Shannon
    Shannon
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Shannon Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 pm

I actually went to a Reiki share... the next day I was attuned to reiki 1. The appointment was set before the reiki share. I stumbles across reiki while in school..

Shannon
    Shannon
    Shannon
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Shannon Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:09 pm

I actually went to a Reiki share... the next day I was attuned to reiki 1. The appointment was set before the reiki share. I stumbles across reiki while in school..

Shannon
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:36 pm

i did not get a reiki treatment before learning reiki 1. in fact i did self reiki fist after learning reiki 1.

my husband saw some posters about reiki in our neighbourhood and enrolled to learn it but he came back saying it was some spiritual thing which had gone over his head and i should learn it as i would understand it better.so, i went the next day and argued with my teacher on a number of issues as being an ex science student i did not really believe in it, i thought it was a mony making exercise adopted by many people. anyway, the 21 days cleansing period i did quite religiously and i noticed changes. i use to gyrate towards the left hand side and sometimes towards the right hand side. i could not figure out what was happening. slowly the darkness in front of my closed eyes left and i could see blue light, yellow light and white light. slowly the illnesses i had disappeared. those 21 days did a lot for me. later, through my own experiences i learned that the gyrations were the shifting out of negative energies and the moving in of positive energies.

then i started seeing spiral shapes, ckr and shk as well as the om and my teacher said i was ready for 2nd level. within a month or two i was reiki 2 even.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 pm

I was taught a simple Reiki position through
    "Prepare for surgery" class.The hand position
    I was using was not identified as Reiki. My
    surgery "teacher" introduced me to a Reiki
    Practitioner & I had a few Reiki sessions with
    her during my healing journey. I healed without
    having to undergo surgery. I completed my healing
    journey in July and I received my Reki 1 certificate
    3 months later.
    sunny
    TWolfsong
    TWolfsong

Post by TWolfsong Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:24 am

I haven't learned level one yet.. am very much interested in learning how to use Reiki.
    KelleyB
    KelleyB
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by KelleyB Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:40 am

TWolfsong wrote:I haven't learned level one yet.. am very much interested in learning how to use Reiki.

Hi Wolfsong, good luck on your reiki journey!! May it be as colourful as mine has been!!
    Kelley
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Tue May 19, 2009 8:56 pm

I hadn't experienced Reiki and, in fact, had just the slightest inkling what Reiki was before I was attuned. My sister was a practitioner and recommended it to me. So, when there was a Level I class, I took it. But I didn't take it seriously. The 21-day practice, for example. I thought, yeah, like I've got time for that. So I didn't put a lot into it/ didn't get a lot out of it.

Nevertheless, I felt compelled to give it another shot and eventually registered for another Level I workshop. I had some interesting experiences through that and did stick with the 21 day practice. At the end of the 21 days, I felt much clearer and had improvement in a lot of things. I'd catalogued all my niggling little physical issues beforehand and they were either gone or much, much better after just 21 days.

I do think that my experience would have been better if I'd known more about Reiki and had some sessions beforehand. I think I was very skeptical about it originally and that held me back from putting much into it.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue May 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Arabella wrote:I hadn't experienced Reiki and, in fact, had just the slightest inkling what Reiki was before I was attuned. My sister was a practitioner and recommended it to me. So, when there was a Level I class, I took it. But I didn't take it seriously. The 21-day practice, for example. I thought, yeah, like I've got time for that. So I didn't put a lot into it/ didn't get a lot out of it.

Nevertheless, I felt compelled to give it another shot and eventually registered for another Level I workshop. I had some interesting experiences through that and did stick with the 21 day practice. At the end of the 21 days, I felt much clearer and had improvement in a lot of things. I'd catalogued all my niggling little physical issues beforehand and they were either gone or much, much better after just 21 days.

I do think that my experience would have been better if I'd known more about Reiki and had some sessions beforehand. I think I was very skeptical about it originally and that held me back from putting much into it.

It seems like you followed your sisters advice
    and maybe her expectation over your own. Then
    when you followed your own calling you invested.
    I often wondered why folks re-take a class, your
    explaination makes sense. I'm glad you did take
    the class seriously the 2nd time around. Your Reiki
    energy does come through on this site. cheers

sunny
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Tue May 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Oh, bless you, Chi! That makes me happy to hear. Yours too!

I often find that just coming to the forums makes the energy start to flow. What a wonderful venue this is!

cheers
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Fri May 29, 2009 2:03 am

hai,

I leaned due to force of my sister otherwise i have no idea about reiki.

vj Basketball
    fshortt
    fshortt

Before doing level 1... Empty Not treatment, but experience of it...

Post by fshortt Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:21 pm

I didn't have a treatment before doing the coures, but i did have a intro workshop and the experience of reiki before i went for it.

f
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:35 pm

fshortt wrote:I didn't have a treatment before doing the coures, but i did have a intro workshop and the experience of reiki before i went for it.

f

Hi Frank,
    Could you elaborate on how you had an 'expereince of Reiki', without a treatment?

Take care
    Wayne
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:39 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    fshortt wrote:I didn't have a treatment before doing the coures, but i did have a intro workshop and the experience of reiki before i went for it.

f

Hi Frank,
    Could you elaborate on how you had an 'expereince of Reiki', without a treatment?

Take care
    Wayne

Hey Wayne, long time... i was fshortt on reiki-4-all
    anyway.
    Yeah, I went to an intro to energy work with a healer in surrey, uk. she introduced the therapies she practiced.
    When it came to reiki, she gave us the history and theory on what the system was and how she interpreted the energy etc.
    then she let everyone experience it, by laying on hands one behind the shoulderblades and one at the heart. she let the energy flow.
    so it wasn't a treatment for anything - hehe hope it helps

f
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:15 am

fshortt wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

f

Hi Frank,

Take care
    Wayne

Hey Wayne, long time... i was fshortt on reiki-4-all
    anyway.

Yeah, i know who you are, hehe, Smile .

fshortt wrote:
    Yeah, I went to an intro to energy work with a healer in surrey, uk. she introduced the therapies she practiced.
    When it came to reiki, she gave us the history and theory on what the system was and how she interpreted the energy etc.
    then she let everyone experience it, by laying on hands one behind the shoulderblades and one at the heart. she let the energy flow.
    so it wasn't a treatment for anything - hehe hope it helps

f

Cheers, knew it was something along those lines, just curious as to what exactly.

take care
    Wayne
    daisy
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by daisy Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi, I had a few reiki treatments before going on to do reiki 1.. I knew after those that it was something that I wanted to do.. took me a while after to go ahead and do it though !!

sue x
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:49 am

My first experience with reiki came in the form of and Usui/Tibetan healing attunement.

At the time,I was electrical maintenance manager in a rather large public utilities plant that supplied fresh potable water to a half million people. The politics of the place had run me into the ground. I had called in the services of an old friend who was in engineering to access some test devices to help rectify a problem technically. I had not talked with him in about ten years, had no idea that he had become a master/teacher, and had no idea what Reiki was for that matter.

One morning he offered to help me, a little comfort from the stress. So I agreed, not knowing what was about to happen.

We relocated to a more quite part of the plant where I was asked to sit in a chair with my hands on my knees, palms down. I was asked to focus my breaths in and out from a point just below my belt buckle(tanden). Next i was asked to close my eyes and imagine roots growing out of my feet, down into the ground. Visualizing this I drifted away...What appeared was a shoreline, it seemed my view was inches from where the water lapped onto the small, smooth stones of the shoreline. The feeling was so entrancing and beautiful, that my body started to slowly sway back and forth in time with the waves. I could see the colors of the stones, hear the waves, the sky was was a blue/gray color.
    He told me that I was in this state for about five minutes before he touched my shoulder and asked me to come back.

I felt completely different , can`t remember EVER feeling that much peace in my being. It lasted about 5 days and gradually wore off. The level of stress I was feeling prior to this experience never returned.

I know some here frown on healing attunements as they aren`t part of the original system. Maybe they disregard them for other reasons as well that I`m not aware of. All I know is the affects were marvelous for me. A month after this I experienced my Level one attunement and class.

RJ
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:58 am

My only experience of Reiki before I was attuned was watching my teaching assistant working with my students. I was working with adults with moderate to severe mental health problems, teaching them various things (IT, stress management, assertiveness...) and it was a small class of 8 - 10. I had 2 teaching assistants: one was learning aromatherapy, and the other one seemed so calm and serene. She had such a calming and supportive effect on even the most troubled of my students. I asked her what her secret was and she told me about Reiki. She also said that she couldn't really introduce me to Reiki because she was only a level 2, but not to worry, when I was ready the teacher would appear. I had to wait ten years but it was so worth it!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:45 pm

I just had a person contact me who
    wants to become a Reiki master and
    has not had a Reiki Session. It makes
    sense to me that a Reiki session be
    experienced before starting a Reiki 1
    class. sunny
    Lisel
    Lisel

Post by Lisel Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:18 am

I knew I could heal, but I wasn't channeling energy, I was using my own. The people I healed had a great result, but it effected me in a bad way. So I stopped and looked for a school or course.
    Then I found Reiki and I did'nt really belived that I could learn it in just one weekend scratch
    After my first initiation the master looked at me and said: "Your home now are'nt you?"
    And I was and I knew I would teach Reiki myself one day I love you

So I did'nt try Reiki before, but I knew what healing was Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Lisel wrote:I knew I could heal, but I wasn't channeling energy, I was using my own. The people I healed had a great result, but it effected me in a bad way. So I stopped and looked for a school or course.
    Then I found Reiki and I did'nt really belived that I could learn it in just one weekend scratch
    After my first initiation the master looked at me and said: "Your home now are'nt you?"

Lisel,
    Do you mean you healed yourself
    or you healed other people. sunny
    Lisel
    Lisel

Post by Lisel Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:34 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Lisel wrote:I knew I could heal, but I wasn't channeling energy, I was using my own. The people I healed had a great result, but it effected me in a bad way. So I stopped and looked for a school or course.

Lisel,
    Do you mean you healed yourself
    or you healed other people. sunny

Hi Smile

I healed others - playing around with the energy. Problably not that smart, but I was very young and I wanted to help..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:44 am