Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

    why we tell a lie

    Share
    avatar
    vijaybali
    Member
    Member

    why we tell a lie

    Post by vijaybali on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:48 pm

    Hai friends,

    Now days i am very confuse and struggling what is truth and lie.

    why we tell lie

    Can anybody live without lie

    if we see percent than how much percent we tell truth Afterall we arein reiki field and i feel truth is key area in spirituality and other my word truth is god and we should follow this but in my experience is showing i am not upto that mark which we should. i don't knew what about u.......

    If i say my soul voice i love and ready to fight for truth but due to life experiences now days i am compromising and which now days i am thinking it is right and wrong so i am confuse...

    So friends help me give me your view.


    may be it is stupid question but i don't knew my soul want to knew what other friends feel.......


    Thanks and regards
    vj
    avatar
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

    Re: why we tell a lie

    Post by Milarepa on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:54 am

    It's a very good question VJ! The social scientist in me is always interested in this subject. folks actually lie without even realising! It's become that widespread. It seems it's a normal part of our society. however, just cause it's normal doesn't mean it's valid, proper, etc.

    there's an arguable case for not hurting anothers feelings, so 'white lie' comes into it. some folks think i'm a weirdo in a chat. Instead of telling even a white lie, i simply ignore the person and the conversation immediately ends. I don't lie, so that means i don't lie, ever. It's ignoring, or it's telling it how you see the situation. I always think with truth you're protected by God, it's a powerful path.

    Take care
    Wayne


    _________________
    "That which is able to save your body and soul is naohi given by God". Onisaburo Deguchi.
    avatar
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

    Re: why we tell a lie

    Post by chi_solas on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:05 am

    I love your question.To tell you
    the truth its one that we all have
    had to deal with depending on
    circumstances. When is a lie harmful?
    Can a lie bestretching the truth??
    when interviewing for a job confused
    The children's game who stole the
    cookie from the cookie jar shows
    that from a very early age we are taught
    that a lie is wrong/sin. We learn to tell
    a lie at a very young age to save ourselves
    from a spanking/being sent to our room or
    worse. sunny


    _________________
    http://reiki-support.com/wordpress/ 

    http://www.reiki-support.com
    avatar
    hialeah
    Member
    Member

    Re: why we tell a lie

    Post by hialeah on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:46 pm

    As I ponder your question of why we lie I also ponder why do we tell the truth and why do we tell the lies or truths in the manner we do. I find as I move along my spiritual path I become more aware of my actions/inactions and words/silences as they happen. Which has led me at times to the place you seem to be at. I look inward, toward my heart, and try to understand why I acted as I did....what place in my heart did it come from. I also try to keep in mind that many people don't share my mindset. The reconciling of my inward world view and the world view outside me is at times just plain hard. I accept that it's I who is learning. Mostly about myself.
    avatar
    vijaybali
    Member
    Member

    Re: why we tell a lie

    Post by vijaybali on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:39 am

    hai

    come on friends i can't belive only few have capability to discuss on this matter...

    what i feel........

    god bless you
    avatar
    vijaybali
    Member
    Member

    Re: why we tell a lie

    Post by vijaybali on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:44 am

    dear Milarepa

    Milarepa wrote:
    It's a very good question VJ! The social scientist in me is always interested in this subject. folks actually lie without even realising! It's become that widespread. It seems it's a normal part of our society. however, just cause it's normal doesn't mean it's valid, proper, etc.

    great but i love this "It's become that widespread." and very important to understand it.

    Milarepa wrote:
    there's an arguable case for not hurting anothers feelings, so 'white lie' comes into it. some folks think i'm a weirdo in a chat. Instead of telling even a white lie, i simply ignore the person and the conversation immediately ends. I don't lie, so that means i don't lie, ever. It's ignoring, or it's telling it how you see the situation. I always think with truth you're protected by God, it's a powerful path.

    realy your are gem and i feel proud Keep it up...

    thanks,love and regard for your such quality.

    i will explain everything atlast so waiting other friends response.....

    Take care
    vj


    Last edited by Milarepa on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing quotes)
    avatar
    vijaybali
    Member
    Member

    Re: why we tell a lie

    Post by vijaybali on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:54 am

    dear chi_solas

    chi-solas wrote:
    I love your question.To tell you
    the truth its one that we all have
    had to deal with depending on
    circumstances. When is a lie harmful?
    Can a lie bestretching the truth??
    when interviewing for a job confused
    The children's game who stole the
    cookie from the cookie jar shows
    that from a very early age we are taught
    that a lie is wrong/sin. We learn to tell
    a lie at a very young age to save ourselves
    from a spanking/being sent to our room or
    worse. sunny


    lovely response it is different to milerapa so it give some more clearness about truth but still i want something more which i will explain last but you are very wonderful and great and understand the value of truth and only those people understand the value of truth who believe. So i have only word regards for you..


    thanks and regards
    vj


    Last edited by Milarepa on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing quote)
    avatar
    vijaybali
    Member
    Member

    Re: why we tell a lie

    Post by vijaybali on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:57 am

    dear hialeah

    hialeah wrote:
    As I ponder your question of why we lie I also ponder why do we tell the truth and why do we tell the lies or truths in the manner we do. I find as I move along my spiritual path I become more aware of my actions/inactions and words/silences as they happen. Which has led me at times to the place you seem to be at. I look inward, toward my heart, and try to understand why I acted as I did....what place in my heart did it come from. I also try to keep in mind that many people don't share my mindset. The reconciling of my inward world view and the world view outside me is at times just plain hard. I accept that it's I who is learning. Mostly about myself.

    again lovely response and some more i get......

    thanks and regards
    vj


    Last edited by Milarepa on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing quote)
    avatar
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

    Re: why we tell a lie

    Post by chi_solas on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:29 pm

    sunny cheers


    Working Wounded Blog: Does Everyone Lie?
    Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them at Work and Play
    By BOB ROSNER
    June 20, 2007
    I was watching an interview with David Chase, the godfather of "The Sopranos," where he observed that almost every character on the show lied.

    Sound familiar? Like how it is where you work? Or am I too cynical from watching too much of New Jersey's favorite mob family?

    Ironically for a Jersey guy, I disagree with Mr. Chase. There's a lot less lying in the workplace than most people believe. On the other hand, I'm not saying everyone is telling the truth either. Let me explain.

    Based on my experience, there are four groups of people in the world when it comes to truth telling. I learned this when I was on Match.com. Since I gained this insight on the front lines of dating, I'll include both a dating example and a work example for each category. So think of this week's column as Cosmo meets Fortune.
    Related
    Where do your best decisions get made?


    1. "The whole truth and nothing buts." Likely the smallest of the four groups, these people tell the truth habitually and aggressively. It's the woman who tells you her natural hair color on the first date. At work, it's the person who acknowledges stealing office supplies. There can be a thin line between the whole truth and nothing but and TMI (too much information), but because there are so few people who qualify as truth tellers, it isn't a distinction that must often be made.


    2. "Chronic liars." How can you spot a chronic liar? These are people who lie for no reason or gain. They lie because they can — because that's who they are. In dating, I'm told, it's the guys who are married and claiming to be single on online dating sites. At work, it's people who claim that they were pulling an all-nighter at the office even when security cameras show that no one entered or left the building.


    3. "Rounding errors." I must give full credit to a woman I met online for this one. She was 6 feet tall and scared that she was H.U. (height unattractive). So she listed herself as 5'10". However, her date with a guy who listed himself as 5'10" didn't go well. In fact, you could say that they didn't see eye to eye — because he was actually 5'8". When she asked him about it, he chalked it up to a rounding error. Rounding errors at work include people who say that a project is done weeks before it's actually completed or someone who adds degrees to their resume that they fell short of actually completing.


    4. "Denialists." One of my favorite "Seinfeld" episodes of all time involved Jerry having to take a lie detector test to be able to date a certain woman. He was concerned, so he went to the best liar he knew, George. He asked him about lying and George said, "Jerry, it's not a lie if you believe it to be the truth." The mistruths that denialists spew are the most challenging because they don't even see the problem in the first place. At work denialists are the ones who discount the effect of new moves by competitors or companies coming into the marketplace.

    The bottom line: Relatively few people lie for the sake of lying at work. My experience is that they often deceive themselves as much as they try to deceive others. Capiche?
    sunny cheers


    _________________
    http://reiki-support.com/wordpress/ 

    http://www.reiki-support.com
    avatar
    hialeah
    Member
    Member

    Re: why we tell a lie

    Post by hialeah on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:50 pm

    chi_solas wrote:
    The bottom line: Relatively few people lie for the sake of lying at work. My experience is that they often deceive themselves as much as they try to deceive others. Capiche?


    I would have to agree with the part I hightlighted.


    Last edited by Milarepa on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing quote)
    avatar
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

    Re: why we tell a lie

    Post by chi_solas on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:50 am

    hialeah wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:
    The bottom line: Relatively few people lie for the sake of lying at work. My experience is that they often deceive themselves as much as they try to deceive others. Capiche?


    I would have to agree with the part I hightlighted.

    My 12 year old granddaughter was
    telling me about one of her friends
    who cheats during tests. I asked my
    granddaughter who was her friend
    really cheating on. The surprise
    answer was "herself "

    The future generation only learns how
    to cheat/lie from the people before them.

    farao king queen afro santa Basketball


    _________________
    http://reiki-support.com/wordpress/ 

    http://www.reiki-support.com
    avatar
    vijaybali
    Member
    Member

    lie

    Post by vijaybali on Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:31 pm

    hai friends,

    after coming to reiki my concept has changed about truth and lie. now i am writing what now i feel about this.


    truth and lie are two word and represent the perticular energy, one represent postive and other represent negative so those energy who give postivness at last call truth may be in the begining it is negative enegery it is same as river who start it journey from mountain and on the way destroyed lot of trees and stone many small insects( all this work showed negativness due to that present time) etc but river continue it journey to help mankind by giving their water for their crop,drinking and progress for mankind and at last merged into river so if we see its life it is full of postivness may be it killed or destoryed lot of thing . (So truth is that which give healthiness to mankind or unverise....may be whatever start but end result is mainkey.....
    )

    intention who decide truth and lie if intension is good than it is truth may be it is working way very close to negativness it'not matter.....

    in god world there is no truth and lie they just work according to system they are just sending it with pure now it is upto us how use it if it is use for good intension than it become truth if selfishness than lie.
    that is my opinion ....

    let see how you take this view .....

    pls not mind my english....

    thanks and love and regards
    vj

    Sponsored content

    Re: why we tell a lie

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:49 pm