Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Thesis on Reiki

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Thesis on Reiki Empty Thesis on Reiki

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:37 am

The PDF link below is a thesis on Reiki. Concerning the practitioners & clients. I havn't read it, but here it is. It's quite long.

http://library2.usask.ca/theses/available/etd-04242006-105532/unrestricted/k_mitchell.pdf

thanks to Peter for the link!
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Thesis on Reiki Empty Re: Thesis on Reiki

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:59 am

hi Wayne Smile

today i was bit researching the reiki's place among other alternative healing modalities like teate, shaitsu (if i remember the term right), vis a vis the place reiki enjoys in National Center for Complimentary and Alternative medicine...

what i feel that as soon as we try going little more in reiki, we find that varioius concepts have been so deeply mingled with something we could say 'original' reiki... albeit, i m not that 'originality junkie' yet i feel that we got to have the facts straighten out (at least for our own self-knowledge) as what is and what is not reiki... this would further deepen our knowledge of how masterfully we can mix or otherwise identify the mixture of reiki with other healing modalities....

i have had just a glimpse of the thesis... and feeling lucky that it has popped up at just the right time in my little fact-finding Smile

take care

(bundle thanks for bringing things like this onboard )

Smile

salman
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:39 am

welcome to the forum! can i ask you to become familiar with the various sections in the welcome section which deal with reciprocal links. looking at your links and your post, i'm inclined to take them off(i've a low threshold for spam accounts). I'll wait till you respond here.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Milarepa wrote:The PDF link below is a thesis on Reiki. Concerning the practitioners & clients. I havn't read it, but here it is. It's quite long.

http://library2.usask.ca/theses/available/etd-04242006-105532/unrestricted/k_mitchell.pdf

Well, section 1.4 (History of Reiki) of the Thesis seems to get off to a rather poor start:

Katriona Claire Mitchell wrote:Reiki, when broken down and translated from Japanese is, rei-universal, ki- life force energy

then:

Katriona Claire Mitchell wrote:The roots of Reiki can be found in the ancient Tibetan sutras ...

and while the author states reiki was:
    Katriona Claire Mitchell wrote: brought to the modern world in the 1800s...
    in the very next sentence she says:
    Katriona Claire Mitchell wrote: Reiki was not rediscovered until 1922...

Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:13 am