Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+5
sittingfox
papakeri
thehungrycaterpillar
Milarepa
soulangel
9 posters

sensations when giving reiki

soulangel
    soulangel
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

sensations when giving reiki Empty sensations when giving reiki

Post by soulangel Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:43 am

hi everyone,
    i just wanted to start a topic about what people feel when giving reiki to another person ( or animal for that matter) to see how we all differ. its some thing thats allways intrested me and id love to see weather any of the things that i feel are similar to others. the sensations i get are; very shallow breathing, hands twitching, colors under my eye lids when i have my eyes closed, slight pressure and warmth on my neck and top of head and every now and again, the urge to cry or laugh, quite strong emotions. do i sound mad or do you have the same feelings. id love to know!

love and light. sarah x x
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

sensations when giving reiki Empty Re: sensations when giving reiki

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:15 am

Hi Sarah,
    slight pressure, warmth, laughing or crying, are all common things i can feel. So if your mad, you've came to the right place, lol! .

take care
    Wayne
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

sensations when giving reiki Empty :D

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:25 am

Hey Sarah,

lol!
    Like wayne said!!!

You are doing beautifully!!
    Cheers,

@QQQQQQQQ0
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:19 am

soulangel wrote:hi everyone,
    i just wanted to start a topic about what people feel when giving reiki to another person ( or animal for that matter) to see how we all differ. its some thing thats allways intrested me and id love to see weather any of the things that i feel are similar to others. the sensations i get are; very shallow breathing, hands twitching, colors under my eye lids when i have my eyes closed, slight pressure and warmth on my neck and top of head and every now and again, the urge to cry or laugh, quite strong emotions. do i sound mad or do you have the same feelings. id love to know!

love and light. sarah x x

Hi Sarah,

As the other replies mentioned, those are all very common sensations. What I usually feel is a kind of tingly sensation around my head and shoulders, often spreading down through my arms to my hands, along with a lesser or greater degree of warmth in the palm of my hands. My breath grows shallow and slows down like yours, but is punctuated every so often with a deep inhalation followed by a sigh. By the time I'm sighing, I'm feeling very relaxed and blissed out, and sometimes become so focused on the "good vibes" of the moment, that I totally lose track of time and awareness of my surroundings, and the person standing next to me at a reiki share will have to jostle my elbow to snap me out of it so that we can get on with whatever needs doing at that point. =Surprised

Sometimes, instead of heat, I feel cold, and on those occasions, I usually don't feel the tingly sensation. On very rare occasions I feel a kind of weak magnetic repulsion between my hands and the recipient. I have to wonder if I'm losing my Reiki focus on those occasions, because a strong magnetic repulsion is what I usually feel when I'm doing qigong for my martial arts practice.

I've had my share of giggles and tears, too, so welcome to the madhouse. :-)

Love and Light,

Garry
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:17 am

Love and Light,

Garry

Garry, Garry, Garry!!!!! cheers
    How the heck are you!! Very Happy

Good to see you here! was wondering when you were going to show up..
    shhhh.....
    I am 'thehungrycaterpillar' here! Laughing

(Sorry Off topic, I just spotted a pal here!)
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:45 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    Love and Light,

Garry

Garry, Garry, Garry!!!!! cheers
    How the heck are you!! Very Happy

Good to see you here! was wondering when you were going to show up..
    shhhh.....
    I am 'thehungrycaterpillar' here! Laughing

(Sorry Off topic, I just spotted a pal here!)

Hmmm, I see my fan club has arrived...and THC actually stands for tetrahydrocannabinol... ;-)

The above reaction would be an example of the sort of joy and giggles one sometimes feels bubbling up during a reiki session.... (he said, bringing the subject back on topic)

Love and Light,

Garry
    sittingfox
    sittingfox

Post by sittingfox Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:42 am

For me, my hands tingle mostly, sometimes my feet start to tingle. As someone else said, I get "blissed out" during some sessions and just feel so good! Other times I have had a feeling of pulsing in my hands. And a lot of times I have a feeling that the energy is going round and round - back and forth between my hands. Really weird feeling. sunny
    aronaya
    aronaya

sensations when giving reiki Empty sensations evolve over the years

Post by aronaya Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:33 am

I started out with blazing hot hands and feet (feet attuned also in my lineage). Had to change socks halfway through the day for about six months after Level I.

As I practice and worked through the levels, my sensations became more subtle and less dramatic, more felt in heart area equally with hands. So, I might feel an increase in heart/hands intensity, while the client feels blazing heat on an acute area. My heart just saying, stay here for a while, and hands resting, feeling "home".

First noticed this sort of "evening-out" of intense heat/tingling in early years of self-treatment. Challenging to sort out one's sensations during self-treatment - is it the hands or the body feeling the giving or receiving of Reiki? Can tie your brain in knots that way. Met a Reiki Master who firmly advised hours of self-treatment every day, rather than minutes. Took her seriously and increased self-treatment time as much as I could.

Added sensations while teaching, from guiding students during hands-on practice. Hearing became more prominent as a way of noticing intensity -- frequency and volume of subtle ringing would increase when students came to intense healing areas. Seeing, in mind's eye, also useful quite often.

My view of sensations -- good to compare notes, good to correlate your sensations with client's or student's experience. However, avoid becoming attached to heat in hands, or tingling, or other sensations -- they will evolve and change. If you become attached, you will think you are "losing" your Reiki when the sensations smooth out. Counteract attachment by checking with your clients/students, observing the effects -- that will prove to you that your Reiki is as good as ever, if not even stronger.

Oh, on the breathing -- mine becomes slower, and I might think it shallower, but actually I think slower = deeper. My teacher hugely emphasized breathing freely and expressively, sometimes even noisily if called for. Heart always guides the breath.
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Tue May 05, 2009 5:20 am

Over time, the sensations I have experienced have changed. It used to be quite intense and uncomfortable but now unless if someone is very blocked, it's manageable. (I used to feel shifts in pressure in the cranial bones.) What I experience is different with every person I work on. Sometimes my hands get hot and tingly, other times, I feel a tingling sensation in my crown chakra. Sometimes I feel aching or pressure in my arms or corresponding to the part of the body in my client that needs work, sometimes I see colors, sometimes I see shifting light/dark patterns coalescing. Sometimes if the energy is flowing very powerfully, my head and body sway and my breathing becomes more constricted.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 pm

Well so much happens for me when I'm giving Reiki!

First of all, I don't tune out or bliss out: it becomes more like a heightened existence, as if I'm so much more alive, picking up things I don't when I'm not giving Reiki - maybe seeing things happening in the aura, hearing things - maybe my guides tell me things and I have to ask them whether this is meant for me or my client - maybe I see scenes from the client's life like a film - sometimes I see shifts in the aura and energy body.

As for sensations, all the tingling, twitching, heat, cold, attraction and repulsion that has been mentioned. Sometimes I get told to stand back and let the Reiki or the guides take over.

Sometimes I feel absolutely nothing. Nada. Zip. Nowt. That's usually when my client tells me they've had the most amazing time and what on earth was I doing?!

So I must be mad too! affraid
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Wed May 06, 2009 12:08 am

Pandora, I sometimes have the same experience you do - where I don't feel like much is happening (at least through me) and the client will tell me all the things they are experiencing and how much it's helped. That's how I've learned to trust the process, rather than going by what I'm experiencing.

I sometimes get visual images that if I feel strongly it has something to do with the client, I will share. I also rarely "bliss out" - instead I tend to feel like I need to pay closer attention. If my mind wanders I soon realize I need to refocus my attention or I might miss something that will be helpful.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:02 am

hi Aronaya Smile
    aronaya wrote:I started out with blazing hot hands and feet (feet attuned also in my lineage).

out of curosity, i was feeling the need to ask the name of this style...

My heart just saying, stay here for a while, and hands resting, feeling "home".

this reflects a beautiful moment of being into reiki, while being with client, both interwined and have become 'one' with reiki Smile! i observe that the client goes into deep relaxation while this moment persists... and most of them go to sleep (sometimes me included Smile )! even then, reiki does not depart us two, it goes on with the work... and the whole episode is then aptly described by single word "REIKI" instead of doing reiki, being reiki or channeling reiki.......

Challenging to sort out one's sensations during self-treatment - is it the hands or the body feeling the giving or receiving of Reiki?

this is a very interesting question Smile as i put my hands on my stomach and liver areas, i instantly feel i m having reiki... my hands feel they are giving reiki and my body feels it is receiving reiki... and when the state deepens, both sensations transform into a more subtle feeling of experiencing the essense of reiki all over my being, instead of any topical areas....

Added sensations while teaching, from guiding students during hands-on practice. Hearing became more prominent as a way of noticing intensity -- frequency and volume of subtle ringing would increase when students came to intense healing areas. Seeing, in mind's eye, also useful quite often.

this is a great narrative Basketball ! although personally i dont take reiki as some energy per se, i have no reservations acknowledging myself that reiki experiences do often resemble the moments when we experience energy transitions... energy feelings, as i take all this, are part of a reiki experience, and are not themselves the experience... visions, sounds and other feelings are part of reiki experience, and we can safely say that these indicate that 'sometihng' is happening Smile

slightly going further in this vein, i have feeling that reiki is created the very moment we do reiki sessions or self-treat... this goes to contra-distinct the general intorduction of reiki where we often end up giving impression that reiki is present like a reservoir or pool of energy at some unknown part of the universe from where we 'channel' our part, or 'take' our part from that pool...

reiki is in the present moment, and the present moment of feeling reiki is the whole picture of how reiki 'exists'... reiki is a response our inner or higher self generates when some reiki practioner interacts with us in a reiki session, or when we do something that is outwardly spoken as 'self-treatment'... the creation of response is what i call reiki... or say 'spirit in action' instead of saying 'energy of spirit' bounce

However, avoid becoming attached to heat in hands, or tingling, or other sensations -- they will evolve and change. If you become attached, you will think you are "losing" your Reiki when the sensations smooth out.

this is a nice description ! Smile

however, since the feelings in hands is the 'valuable' source of information, we might lose important things if we, on the other hand, try to act indifferent to what we feel in hands... Takata herself gave immense importance to feelings in hands, although we might not have her recordings when she taught how to learn the art of becoming 'not too attached' to feelings in hands Smile

not at all i m disagreeing with you, rather trying to share more light on this 'refined' art of maintaing awarenwss in hands and on the same time not 'attaching' ourselves to this awareness unnecessarily... this calls an expanded experience and years of practice... thats why we say journey in reiki never ends Smile

Oh, on the breathing -- mine becomes slower, and I might think it shallower, but actually I think slower = deeper. My teacher hugely emphasized breathing freely and expressively, sometimes even noisily if called for. Heart always guides the breath.

(bold script is mine), you have attracted a big subject here sir... Smile i must say thanks to inviting on this point... i like to request others to share their valuable thoughts on how they 'breathe' while in reiki sessions... mine follow as under :

i was drawn to exhaling slowly and deeply while in the climax in my 'experimental' reiki sessions in the initial settings.. this was all intutive instead of being done on some instruction or soemtihng learnt from some manual..

this went on for some while, and then becoming sorta 'second nature' that whenever i felt some diseased area of the person is in acute problem, i will exhale heavily and slowly with my inner mind having a feeling that i m energizing the reiki flow in this gesture...

later on, when i read the QT manual, i discovered that this technique is what we call connecting breath with energy, and this is not something specific to reiki... When Takata Sensei discusses 'breathing' things in her diary, we find either 'koki ho' or 'kokyu ho' as the only mention...

if she said something which i have glaringly missed, then i m sorry for the ignorance, but if really she has not mentioned anything specifically on breathing while giving reiki treatments, does this amount to a supposition that within reiki she didnt find a 'need' to concentrate on breathing while giving reiki sessions... this is the point i wish to invite comments or suggestions of peers and elders here...

its not that breathing should or should not be a part of the reiki session, but to my mind, the first important thing is that we must be very much clear whether breathing is or is not a part of teachings of Takata Sensei...?? Question

Cheers ! Smile

salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 pm