Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Melting Identities... (within Reiki) - yet another path to GOD ?

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Melting Identities... (within Reiki) - yet another path to GOD ? Empty Melting Identities... (within Reiki) - yet another path to GOD ?

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat May 15, 2010 5:19 pm

hi Friends Smile

as we all know reiki make us step somewhere in the feeling of spiritual presence too... being reiki is universally spoken as being spiritual, as being one with universe, and being one with love, a love that has the capacity of permeating through our little ego and individualism...

there are several roads to the shop we immediately call spiritualism (thanks Wayne, i m happily borrowing your phrase)... and perhaps this later takes us on to something we call god, sometimes our higher self, and with several other names, as we feel comfortable to choose for.... religion is one just way that claims to take us to God or to a mind culture where we can prepare the flight strip to take off for a long flight to something more elevated...to something we could then call God...

while the exact mechanics of the working of reiki is still only guessed, and not known with any exactitude... we borrow the help of words, feelings, gestures, sensations to describe something that is perhaps more elevated, more gospel than these words or feelings could possibly describe.. to say that reiki exhibits as tingling, energy feeling, warmth, pull, push, etc. are just very primary way of describing it.. this description alludes to the presence of reiki, but does not complete the description....

we acquire reiki through symbols, and again symbols are highly shrouded in mist and mystery... when we meditate on symbols, we start coming to feel certain things that are again just description of the presence of symbols, and do not, in any way, give us clue what symbols exactly are... our mind smartly associates the symbols with things we know as nouns for power, protection, etc. but again symbols are always inert, non-describable...

we borrow help of words like light, wave, elevation, etc. to describe the energies represented by symbols, but don’t know, in any way, what symbols are.... as reiki masters, we are taught to tap symbols into aura, into body, into soul (substitute whatever belief you have ).. and we are told that symbols are inserted into our body, like buttons, like energy-switches, like anything, but again and again, we fail to know the real thing that symbols do in our body... and extending from this confusion, some masters say that they attune people by intending them to be attuned, and don’t need to specifically put symbols into the students, and quite amazingly, such attunements do work also.. it means that symbols are not perhaps what we take for, although, quite interestingly, symbols do what we intend them (and believe of them) to be doing....

do we have to make ourselves believe that all these confusions, innuendos, insinuations, are just there as a matter of chance... and are there just as there they could be ?? what if we could think for a second that so many mysteries of reiki remain unsolved even after hundred years of practice, only because it was in some 'master plan' to let the thing remain unexplained and undefined without any stirct boundaries or defintions...so that everybody entering the reiki domains, feels he or she has discovered something new, something unconventional, something not so far known.... does this not makes reiki a high ranking celebrity, who we desire to have access to... and when we have that, we try to explain in our very individual way....

if for a minute, i m allowed to make a jump, i m amazed that the same 'problems' lie with God too Smile God is a concept that is still in debates from several hundred of years... people who try to experience God, always end up with something unique, something of their own... (i m not talking about followers of religions, rather i m talking about those who try to have a feeling of God, instead of just following a description of God)...

why we would come up so 'individually' in feeling God ? why God is different for everyone, even for two students of a same spirutal practice, even for the master and his student, even for the guru and the seeker, even for two brothers following one same religion...

sometimes we say mine reiki is mine, yours reiki is yours... can we equally say mine God is mine, yours is yours Smile ?? and in saying so, saying sake, do we mean different things as said by you and as said by me ??

why this is the feeling that as and when we try to be rigid in defining God or try to give a visible description about God, we start going off track from the feeling itself of feeling God.... why God needs to be felt more than described Smile ??

why is this coincidence (yet again Smile ) that in all spiritual practices, folks come to a phase where they see themselves as god, they feel they have melted into some bigger presence, and yet their own presence is intact... how is that we view ourselves by sitting outside the picture and find that we are subsets of god, when on the same time, we are experiencing all this as an outside observers... exactly whom we are sitting outside ? of ourselves, or of the entire universe, and if later, are we god ourselves Smile ??

reiki sure promotes the feeling of oneness, the feeling of connectedness.... it provides us an access to a superhighway which we need to go to a place in nanoseconds, and when we are there we exactly know that we are now no longer on the superhighway, but yet again, when we know we have to travel more, we come on-board this highway... and as this continually happens again and again, we start losing the feeling that we are on the highway, rather we start feeling that we are the highway ourselves, or put in other words, that there was no highway ever Smile

why our presence, our identities, and our boundaries are like the pans of the 'hourglass' ? we start filling the other, when one is filled on its way Smile and again we are back in the one we started with Smile do this change from the eternal presence to this worldly presence and vice versa, in swift transitions, a clue to the nature of time and space ???

(admittingly, all these questions are boring themselves, and they did bored me when i studied philosophy some years back, but with reiki, these questions have just turned up as the most interesting questions for me now.... sicne when i m asking about God, i m, in a way, asking about the reality of my presence too Smile

i would love if you read all above as lovingly as i have written these lines Smile

take care

love

salman

PS : i m not sure if i had posted this entire passage in bebo or reiki-4-all refugees... in case, i thought i must point it also, as it was written about a year ago
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Melting Identities... (within Reiki) - yet another path to GOD ? Empty Re: Melting Identities... (within Reiki) - yet another path to GOD ?

Post by chi_solas Sun May 16, 2010 1:14 am

salman, There's a lot of food
    for thought in your posting cheers

sometimes we say mine reiki is mine, yours reiki is yours... can we equally say mine God is mine, yours is yours ?? and in saying so, saying sake, do we mean different things as said by you and as said by me ??
    When I read this it brought my thought
    to a conversation I had with my wonderful
    daughter inlaw. We were discussing her
    busy schedule, driving one kid to karate,
    another to horse riding and another to
    fencing lessons. I said to her you are not
    just a mother. You are 3 mothers in one.
    Each child has a different experience and
    converse according to what they are focused
    on in their life. You can not treat each
    child the same, their needs are different. Melting Identities... (within Reiki) - yet another path to GOD ? 850837

If you do believe in God then your conversation
    with s/he will be different than that of your
    other family members. It would seem that God has
    to be all things to all people that in itself is
    another subject. So my explaination of how a mother
    has to be more than just one mother to all her
    children,leads me to wonder how does God do it.
    Is this Reiki system a special tool to help with
    individual needs. When we reach deep down to our
    inner self and see each other as "equals" and put
    the 5 precepts into action then IMO our world
    changes for the better. sunny
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Melting Identities... (within Reiki) - yet another path to GOD ? Empty Re: Melting Identities... (within Reiki) - yet another path to GOD ?

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon May 17, 2010 7:37 pm

that was a lovely post Bridget Smile thanks a lot!

chi_solas wrote:
    I said to her you are not
    child the same, their needs are different. Melting Identities... (within Reiki) - yet another path to GOD ? 850837

and

So my explaination of how a mother

this is very astute thought, tbh Smile

and this invites us to think about the extent of multiplicities that may be present within personality of GOD... as much as we keep thinking about that extent, that boundary keeps shifting to one point further and then further and in the end we usually conclude that GOD is limitless...

there is one thing called "religion" which leads us a path to God, but given its dogmatic appearance, and the presencce of so many 'religious lords' within that path, many people have consciously opted out of this regime...

reiki somehow is a call to mindfulness and to our 'true nature' (probably one which we are born with, but which has awareness of how we were born with it)... what we do within reiki is to repeatedly make a conscious effort (through symbols) to attend to that call of nature... and to install a culture within us, we have Gokai....

i have no wonder if someone says that they practice Reiki as a path to GOD in a non-dogmatic, non-religious way Melting Identities... (within Reiki) - yet another path to GOD ? 850837

take care Smile

salman
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:51 am

chi_solas wrote:salman, There's a lot of food

sometimes we say mine reiki is mine, yours reiki is yours... can we equally say mine God is mine, yours is yours ?? and in saying so, saying sake, do we mean different things as said by you and as said by me ??

lovely post !

As a mother of 3 children myself I am well aware of being 3 different mothers !

As a parent, we also talk to our children according to their age, ability and understanding..... As human beings we may all appear outwardly the same, but we are at differnt stages of spiritual evolution....( who knows how old one soul is in comparison to another?) which is perhaps why our experiences of the Divine are so varied.

I'm reminded of a passage from the book Initiation by Elizabeth Jenkins, after meeting an Andean shaman he told her that Apu's ( mountain spirits) appeared to people in differnt forms according to what level of 'spiritual growth' they were at.

I'm also reminded of another story from a Buddhist monk when entering a sacred temple adorned with 'demonic agressive violent' images..........after experiencing a little time in this temple..........the figures changed in 'essence' to become great figures of beauty and learning..........as he meditated on these images that first appeared horrendous....they slowly showed him their true reality... as he grew in spiritual wisdom and understanding, so did the 'essence' of the figures...
    mike tyson

Post by mike tyson Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:26 am

That is why in Christianity we are taught not to judge another who may be teaching the philosophy a little different than what the text says. Jesus, was askked by his disciples," if they should rebuke another group who were doing healings in Jesus's name, but not following the exact philosophy they were tauught?n, no said Jesus he who aren't against us are with us".

I gess that reiki is very similar. What one reiki practice may teach may be different than another, but they're still using the same spirit.

I'm using my christianity because im most comfortable with it. Im not trying to offend anyone. However even St. Peterand Paul said that there were other Gods or Spirits of te world or universe at play. Christtians are suppose to use jesus while reiki followers use reiki. But we're all tied to the same spiritual or tree of life, because there are many branches on a tree. Yet they are all important to the functioning of the tree.

There are certain spiritual gifts. One of them is healing.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:59 pm

mike tyson wrote:

That is why in Christianity we are taught not to judge another who may be teaching the philosophy a little different than what the text says. Jesus, was askked by his disciples," if they should rebuke another group who were doing healings in Jesus's name, but not following the exact philosophy they were tauught?n, no said Jesus he who aren't against us are with us".

I gess that reiki is very similar. What one reiki practice may teach may be different than another, but they're still using the same spirit.

I'm using my christianity because im most comfortable with it. Im not trying to offend anyone. However even St. Peterand Paul said that there were other Gods or Spirits of te world or universe at play. Christtians are suppose to use jesus while reiki followers use reiki. But we're all tied to the same spiritual or tree of life, because there are many branches on a tree. Yet they are all important to the functioning of the tree.

Reiki followers use Universal life force energy. sunny
    mike tyson

Post by mike tyson Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:39 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    mike tyson wrote:

Keep the feedback coming. That's what I'm here for.

Reiki followers use Universal life force energy. sunny
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:42 am

Mike you live in one of the
    most unique parts of the world.
    We get 4 seasons unlike most
    parts of the world. I see Reiki
    like the 4 seasons. We need sun
    rain to help things grow. In the
    winter we have less sun and its
    further away from the earth. There
    is always an opportunity to see
    new life spring forth once the right
    season arrives. That is life force
    energy. once you become aware of this
    energy [that's always been here since
    time began] you can then work on ways
    to watch how it works through reviving
    a withering plant to assisting an injured
    animal and of course the human body. bounce sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:15 am

mike tyson wrote:

I'm using my christianity because im most comfortable with it. Im not trying to offend anyone.

Christianity is as welcome as any path/expression on here Mike. There's no offense that the forum takes.
    mike tyson

Post by mike tyson Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 am

Milarepa wrote:
    mike tyson wrote:

I'm using my christianity because im most comfortable with it. Im not trying to offend anyone.

Christianity is as welcome as any path/expression on here tMike. There's no offense that the forum takes.

Cool Gods treee of life is a big tree with many branches.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:10 am