Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Today I meet a woman with MS & Things do happen for a reason

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Today I meet a woman with MS & Things do happen for a reason Empty Today I meet a woman with MS & Things do happen for a reason

Post by chi_solas Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Today I meet a woman with MS
    and later in the day I came
    across this article.

Today I meet a woman with MS & Things do happen for a reason 63216 Things do happen for a reason

http://www.marieclaire.com/health-fitness/advice/tips/multiple-sclerosis-treatment
    Stardust
    Stardust

Today I meet a woman with MS & Things do happen for a reason Empty Re: Today I meet a woman with MS & Things do happen for a reason

Post by Stardust Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Yep, no cowinkydink.What a great, inspiring story.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Today I meet a woman with MS & Things do happen for a reason Empty Re: Today I meet a woman with MS & Things do happen for a reason

Post by chi_solas Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:12 am

Stardust wrote:Yep, no cowinkydink.What a great, inspiring story.

amazing there are so many more inspiring
    experiences like this one covering all
    kinds of health problems,they just don't
    make the headlines. sunny

cowinkydink confused meaning please Question

Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:36 am

It's slang for coincidence.  Razz
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:09 am

Stardust wrote:It's slang for coincidence.  Razz

synchronicity! I love it. cow inky dink sunny
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:37 pm

I like your way of thinking.  Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:27 pm

Stardust wrote:I like your way of thinking.  Very Happy

Thanks. metaphysics and the unexplained
    has always fascinated me. When I was a
    child I was orphaned. My older brothers
    and sisters held the family together. I
    remember thinking I hope I live long enough
    to see a cure for diseases. Little did I know
    that when that day came, I would be the one
    to self heal my own. Amazing the dormant power
    that lies within us. Today I meet a woman with MS & Things do happen for a reason 850837
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:41 pm

I think it is amazing that  you were able to heal yourself.   I've got to find the right combo for me.  I am much better than I was not worse, which is a blessing.  I still have lots of work to do.I'm still doing things to help myself along.  I am really working on what I say and think.  It's hard to break old habits, but I am stubborn in a positive sense.  lol  I have also found www.meditationoasis.com .  I love the meditations there.  I use them, the ones you shared with me, and others I have.   I meditate one to three times a day and I feel lost if I don't get at least one session in.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:59 pm

Stardust wrote:I think it is amazing that  you were able to heal yourself.   I've got to find the right combo for me.  I am much better than I was not worse, which is a blessing.  I still have lots of work to do.I'm still doing things to help myself along.  I am really working on what I say and think.  It's hard to break old habits, but I am stubborn in a positive sense.  lol  I have also found www.meditationoasis.com .  I love the meditations there.  I use them, the ones you shared with me, and others I have.   I meditate one to three times a day and I feel lost if I don't get at least one session in.

Just focus and do not get discouraged
    when it seems like things are not moving
    quickly. Everyones path to healing is
    different.We all have layers to peel
    some are easy and some are hidden. I
    worked full time on my healing. I was
    not dealing with youngun's. They can zap
    your time and energy. Do the best you can.
    Taking 5 mins here and there to breath in
    healing energy to the area that needs the
    attention. Mindfulness and awareness helps
    balance and harmony through self-reiki
    sessions, they can be short or long depending
    on your daily schedule. Today I meet a woman with MS & Things do happen for a reason 850837
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:17 am

Thanks for the advice.  I'll keep plugging away.  I have no choice and I am not giving up.The guided meditations for healing are pretty open one's own interpetation, so for the most part I try not to focus on the symptoms like pain, dizziness, weakness.  I work with the tumors, lymphatic system, leaky capilleries (sp), and INFLAMMATION (I have way more than other DD sufferers and don't have other diseases that would be the reason for so much inflammation).  Also the meditations work on emotions along with healing, so I go with the flow and work through things as they come up.  Sometimes I am lying there and don't really feel anything.  I don't worry - next time there will be something.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Stardust wrote:Thanks for the advice.  I'll keep plugging away.  I have no choice and I am not giving up.The guided meditations for healing are pretty open one's own interpetation, so for the most part I try not to focus on the symptoms like pain, dizziness, weakness.  I work with the tumors, lymphatic system, leaky capilleries (sp), and INFLAMMATION (I have way more than other DD sufferers and don't have other diseases that would be the reason for so much inflammation).  Also the meditations work on emotions along with healing, so I go with the flow and work through things as they come up.  Sometimes I am lying there and don't really feel anything.  I don't worry - next time there will be something.

Inflammation seems to be the
    root of all dis-eases within. affraid

Jon Kabat-Zinn has helped thousands of
    people learn to use the power of mind-
    fulness to live/dance with their chronic
    pain and have a better quality of life
    using Mindfulness Meditation for relief
    of pain, his approach is gentle and effective
    even after DR's had given up on their patients.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Yeah, I know inflammation is evil along with problems in the bowel.  Yikes!I'll see what I can find out about Jon Kabat-Zinn.  Thanks.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Stardust wrote:Yeah, I know inflammation is evil along with problems in the bowel.  Yikes!I'll see what I can find out about Jon Kabat-Zinn.  Thanks.

I've known some folks who healed from colitis. sunny

Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:35 pm

Me, too.  No Reiki involved ... just diet and supplements.I read a little about Kabat-Zinn and the meditations sound interesting.  I have no idea where to start with his stuff.  I will read up more on it and make a birthday present request.  Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Stardust wrote:Me, too.  No Reiki involved ... just diet and supplements.I read a little about Kabat-Zinn and the meditations sound interesting.  I have no idea where to start with his stuff.  I will read up more on it and make a birthday present request.  Very Happy

May not have been formal Reiki
    involved. I'm sure the ULE had
    something to do with the healing sunny

Jon has written many books.
    I love one of his titles
    "where ever you go there you are"
    His attitude is so healthy
    he welcomes new meditators
    and has a way to explain
    meditation that makes sense
    one of them being that no matter
    how long you've been meditating
    you still keep getting thought
    interruptions. His video interview
    with Bill Moyers inspired me to keep
    going on my self healing path. When
    DR's gave up on people,Jon worked
    with them. a few months after I healed
    Jon came to do a weekend fund raiser
    seminar at CIMC and I did get to speak
    to him in person, Every year I go to
    his fund raiser. Check out his travel
    schedule he does go to Europe Arrow

Check out your local library I'm sure
    they have Bill Moyers video.A friend
    gave me a book of interviews by Bill
    and Jon's interview was writtrn up
    in the book. Powerful stuff all rolled
    up in ULE. study

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:13 pm