Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Hello

ReikiHealingHands
    ReikiHealingHands

Hello Empty Hello

Post by ReikiHealingHands Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:54 am

Hi i am Julie i joined a couple of weeks ago and....thought it was about time i introduced myself. So i have just done that lol. By the way this is an awesome forum :-D
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post by LightBody Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:36 am

Hi Julie, welcome!

ReikiHealingHands
    ReikiHealingHands

Post by ReikiHealingHands Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks Buck.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:59 am

Welcome Julie cheers

From Boston US sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:53 pm

warm welcome!
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi Julie

Welcome! Nice to meet you!
    Why not tell us a little bit about your self, if you wish?

cheers
    ReikiHealingHands
    ReikiHealingHands

Hello Empty Good idea Colin lol.

Post by ReikiHealingHands Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:02 pm

I have been practicing EFT for about 2 yrs now. That came about from buying Paul Mckenna's "i can make you thin" program. I see him tapping on parts of his face and wondered What this technique was. So looked into it and been doing it to help myself. Although i have needed help from a qualified practitioner for my big issues. I would like to get qualified in this modality one day too. But it is not possible at the moment. It is expensive and miles away to do training lol. :-(
    So how did i come to learn Reiki. Well i wanted to try something else to help myself and others that was easy to learn and do. I find studying EFT very hard as i have many limiting beliefs that i can achieve becoming good enough to become qualified. Since being attuned to Reiki 1 i am very calm and at peace with myself....something i have not felt for many years.
    I am doing Reiki 2 the 29th July and i cannot wait. Thank you all for the warm welcome.Julie.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:46 am

ReikiHealingHands wrote:I have been practicing EFT for about 2 yrs now. That came about from buying Paul Mckenna's "i can make you thin" program. I see him tapping on parts of his face and wondered What this technique was. So looked into it and been doing it to help myself. Although i have needed help from a qualified practitioner for my big issues. I would like to get qualified in this modality one day too. But it is not possible at the moment. It is expensive and miles away to do training lol. :-(
    So how did i come to learn Reiki. Well i wanted to try something else to help myself and others that was easy to learn and do. I find studying EFT very hard as i have many limiting beliefs that i can achieve becoming good enough to become qualified. Since being attuned to Reiki 1 i am very calm and at peace with myself....something i have not felt for many years.
    I am doing Reiki 2 the 29th July and i cannot wait. Thank you all for the warm welcome.Julie.

I like EFT. Donna Eden also
    does some great energy work. Hello 850837

Julie what do you mean by
    limiting beliefs? study

I also find Reiki to be very
    calming it sure does balance
    and harmonize the self sunny
    ReikiHealingHands
    ReikiHealingHands

Post by ReikiHealingHands Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:38 pm

@ chi_solas.
    Yes i like some of the techniques Donna Eden does. I heard she is in her 70s. Not sure if that is true but she look pretty good if she is lol. limiting beliefs is something we take on from other people and sometimes from our own conclusion. The way it is explained by Gary Craig EFT founder is this.
    We all have our own writings on our wall of beliefs that we have picked up throughout our lives. The shoulds and should not. Your can's and cannots etc. But these are not the truths and are not written in stone...so can be erased and replaced with positive affirmations. After all this is What a limiting belief is an affirmation that we keep telling ourselves. Until you erase these limiting beliefs one will always sabotage their efforts in moving forward in life. And moving toward the goals they would like to achieve. My limiting beliefs are for example....I am not smart enough....i am no good at studying and always give up before completing my goal...i have never been successful....i might do it wrong so i might as well give up now....you get the idea lol. Julie.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 pm

ReikiHealingHands wrote:@ chi_solas.
    Yes i like some of the techniques Donna Eden does. I heard she is in her 70s. Not sure if that is true but she look pretty good if she is lol. limiting beliefs is something we take on from other people and sometimes from our own conclusion. The way it is explained by Gary Craig EFT founder is this.
    We all have our own writings on our wall of beliefs that we have picked up throughout our lives. The shoulds and should not. Your can's and cannots etc. But these are not the truths and are not written in stone...so can be erased and replaced with positive affirmations. After all this is What a limiting belief is an affirmation that we keep telling ourselves. Until you erase these limiting beliefs one will always sabotage their efforts in moving forward in life. And moving toward the goals they would like to achieve. My limiting beliefs are for example....I am not smart enough....i am no good at studying and always give up before completing my goal...i have never been successful....i might do it wrong so i might as well give up now....you get the idea lol. Julie.

Yes Julie I do get the idea it
    was part of my healing journey
    to let go of them. flower

I came to the understanding that
    academic testing eliminates many
    people. Those eliminated were
    not un-intelligent. The tests
    are made up in such a way that
    they are not flexible to meet
    the different learning styles. study

One style does not fit all.We
    each learn/process information