Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
JohnC
soulangel
6 posters

distant attunements

soulangel
    soulangel
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

distant attunements Empty distant attunements

Post by soulangel Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:01 am

hi guys,
    would you all be able to share your views with me on distant attunements please.

thanks

sarah. x
    JohnC
    JohnC

distant attunements Empty Re: distant attunements

Post by JohnC Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:25 am

I would say they are second rate for the same reason that I prefer hands-on-healing to absent healing. The difference is the personal touch.

JohnC
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:54 am

This is my opinion:-

I have had distant attunements in my experience. Two Kundalini Reiki attunements and a Reiki Master attunement!
    Yes, They can be powerful. Actually the Reiki Master was via Skype!

I have had one that felt like nothing really happened ...that was from a DVD.
    Actually NO! My hands and feet did get hot...and that night at 3:00am, I had a weird experience.

'In person' is great, b'cos of the personal touch. Skype comes pretty close!

I guess the experiences vary with people, the Masters who are giving the attunements etc,.
    Conclusion:- Yes, It worked for me but I would skip the DVDs...

Cheers

@QQQQQQQ0
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:15 am

This was an email I responded with to the same question:

Here are my thoughts on attunement:

1) If distance work is possible, why would a distance attunement not work? Mainly, I think, the reasoning for requiring an attunement to take place in person, is the teaching part of it. I also think that Reiki thrives on interpersonal relationships and social contact. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable just offering distance attunements to any old person, because I wouldn't feel comfortable that I'd taught them what I know about the concept of Reiki and how to apply it to your everyday life.

2) An attunement is really just an initiation into the energy. Can you do it yourself? I don't see why not. I mean after all, I am a conduit for an energy that I cannot quantify, so to say that it can't be done by distance or by one's self would really be closed minded. But I think the self attunements are probably not quite as powerful.

3) Part of the power of an attunement is your belief in it. That isn't to say that if you don't fully believe that you've gained the attunement that you aren't that "level" of Reiki. But if you don't fully believe in your own power, that will necessarily lessen the amount of power you can exhibit. Self attunement may elicit a lot of lack of this belief.

4) If I were to get a distance attunement from someone, I would first ask for a healing session. If I really felt the energy moving during that healing session, that is the person I'd ask to give me the distance attunement. Because for whatever reason, the energetic connection between me and that other person appears to be particularly strong. The likelyhood of having a dramatic attunement with this person is more likely, and as such, my belief in the attunement will be stronger.
    soulangel
    soulangel
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by soulangel Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:41 am

thanks andy, a fantastic reply as always! you have a great way of explaining things in different way. your posts always give me something to think about. thanks again.

namaste

sarah
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 am

Thaak wrote:

2) An attunement is really just an initiation into the energy. Can you do it yourself? I don't see why not. I mean after all, I am a conduit for an energy that I cannot quantify, so to say that it can't be done by distance or by one's self would really be closed minded. But I think the self attunements are probably not quite as powerful.

Hi Andy,
    To confer a spiritual empowerment, as in a Reiki initiation,should one not first be empowered in order to confer something?

take care
    wayne
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:06 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Thaak wrote:

Hi Andy,
    To confer a spiritual empowerment, as in a Reiki initiation,should one not first be empowered in order to confer something?

take care
    wayne

Yes, but who's to say that we cannot empower ourselves? I mean after all, a huge part of the spirituality of Reiki, at least for me, is the fact that I have empowered myself. Yes, this self-empowerment required an attunement from someone else, at least for me. But just because I required that, does not mean that everyone does. It all depends at what point the individual is in their own personal spiritual evolution.

Now if you are going for the self-attunement or distance attunement for other purposes than exercise in personal empowerment, such as too lazy to go find someone to help you, or too untrusting, or too spendthrifty to save the money for a face to face class, then perhaps you really need to examine why it is that you are attempting to follow this particular path. I'm not saying anyone here is using these reasons, I'm just speaking in the hypothetical "you."
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:12 am

Thaak wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    Thaak wrote:

Hi Andy,

take care
    wayne

Yes, but who's to say that we cannot empower ourselves? I mean after all, a huge part of the spirituality of Reiki, at least for me, is the fact that I have empowered myself. Yes, this self-empowerment required an attunement from someone else, at least for me. But just because I required that, does not mean that everyone does. It all depends at what point the individual is in their own personal spiritual evolution.

This is true. it kinda happened spontaneously with Usui sensei. what we do though, is pass on a spiritual empowerment down in lineage, to another. I feel once we are empowered to expereince Reiki, as we may be able to do many things. What exactly we are self-attuning to, is more unclear to me, Smile .

Thaak wrote:
    Now if you are going for the self-attunement or distance attunement for other purposes than exercise in personal empowerment, such as too lazy to go find someone to help you, or too untrusting, or too spendthrifty to save the money for a face to face class, then perhaps you really need to examine why it is that you are attempting to follow this particular path. I'm not saying anyone here is using these reasons, I'm just speaking in the hypothetical "you."

Jeeza, this is the third time in a row we agree. I'm starting to get uncomfortable bout this, hehe.

take care
    Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

distant attunements Empty "intensity" of attunements ?

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:08 am

Wayne, Andy Smile

a word repeatedly crept in the above discussion is the "strong attunement", "powerful attunement" etc...

i wonder whether is there any concept such as strong attunement or otherwise ? we often say 'reiki pure and simple' and the same we attach degrees to it Smile how amazing ? !

self-attunement is perhaps a big topic! in spiritual development, the word 'intention' is least important.. what we intend is not what we find, and what we find is not what we have had intended....

so to say that if i have intention, belief, strenght, and height of spiritual development, i can self-attune myself, this would be as near as building an obstacle to my own path... when we have goals, i believe, in spiritual development, we must make ourselves beleiving that we are still far from spiritual development... spiritual development (pardon repeating me the words, per grammar rules Smile ) is quite so unpredicted or pre-conceived, or predefined... it comes like a thunderbolt sometimes, and starts as drizzling vapours other times... we dont have clues where, and how, it will start itself with us... everything happens in this path with amazement, and wonder... and revealation is the right tag to attach to spritual development....

although we strive for it, and have to put efforts, but the results are not like a cookbook manner... the receipie is quite mysterious... what we see is the obvious light of oven burning under the pot we have put on... and whats inside ? we cannot predict unless we have the meal served before us Smile

to be right on the topic Smile, i have to say that distant attunements work well for some indiviudals generally..... like i had with Wayne, and have really worked wonders for me Smile [thanks Wayne], but usually newbies dont attach much importance to distant attunements... plus, the rapport is sometimes not as developed between the teacher and student as is better guaranteed in person to person....

but yet one more thing : for people who had some experience of their travel on the path, of spriritual development, i guess, distant attunemnts work just as fine as in-person ones, but no generalisation can be claimed to have been made, and this is said generally too Smile

take care guys

salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:07 pm