Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+9
Pachamama
LuvSoulJah
marty
Lambs-Wool
LightBody
chi_solas
Colin
papakeri
Milarepa
13 posters

What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki?

dharmabytes
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki?

Post by dharmabytes Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:29 am

Jem, welcome, and good luck on your Reiki III this Fall. I'm studying for mine too! Glad you're here! Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki?

Post by Milarepa Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:44 am

Mish, check your inbox, you've got an unread message from me. Well, two now, Smile.
    water flower

Post by water flower Wed May 30, 2012 11:37 am

My initial involvement was through pure, sheer desperation. I was sick, so I was going for homeopathy. Then a homeopath also did a healing session which I loved and 'woke me up to something'. I couldn't afford her anymore, so off to study homeopathy. It pretty much came to a standstill with the new homeopathist/teacher and that teacher told me to pray. In the meantime, I kept doing other things - tarot, learning vedic astrology, Catholic healing mass, etc. For me, it wasn't enough going once a month to church. Then came the breakdown - too many deaths and deep rage. Somewhere along the way, I had a distant Usui 1 & 2 attunement which I didn't know how to use. After the breakdown, I researched kundalini syndrome and came across reiki tummo (kundalini). I didn't believe it, so I read all I could about it. It was a leap of faith - and dragging a relative with me in the process out of fear of doing things alone - that I went for classes. It was better than I ever thought it would be. Here I was, thinking, "Hey, I'm killing two birds with one stone - reiki and kundalini." Little did I know it was a wonderful, spiritual journey to the heart. I was hooked -hook, line and sinker. I'm grateful for the gifts received - probably not as grateful as I should be, but as grateful as I can be at the present moment. I realize back, when I did a hands on healing to my mom before she passed, I had already had Usui, but didn't know what to do with it. I read books and didn't know how to use it. I only had one great experience where the love I had for God is what gave the best healing session for my mom. I just didn't know how to re-experience it. Now I know. Classes make a world of a difference for newbies like myself.

Anyway, that's my initial reason for reiki.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu May 31, 2012 2:00 am

water flower wrote:My initial involvement was through pure, sheer desperation. I was sick, so I was going for homeopathy. Then a homeopath also did a healing session which I loved and 'woke me up to something'. I couldn't afford her anymore, so off to study homeopathy. It pretty much came to a standstill with the new homeopathist/teacher and that teacher told me to pray. In the meantime, I kept doing other things - tarot, learning vedic astrology, Catholic healing mass, etc. For me, it wasn't enough going once a month to church. Then came the breakdown - too many deaths and deep rage. Somewhere along the way, I had a distant Usui 1 & 2 attunement which I didn't know how to use. After the breakdown, I researched kundalini syndrome and came across reiki tummo (kundalini). I didn't believe it, so I read all I could about it. It was a leap of faith - and dragging a relative with me in the process out of fear of doing things alone - that I went for classes. It was better than I ever thought it would be. Here I was, thinking, "Hey, I'm killing two birds with one stone - reiki and kundalini." Little did I know it was a wonderful, spiritual journey to the heart. I was hooked -hook, line and sinker. I'm grateful for the gifts received - probably not as grateful as I should be, but as grateful as I can be at the present moment. I realize back, when I did a hands on healing to my mom before she passed, I had already had Usui, but didn't know what to do with it. I read books and didn't know how to use it. I only had one great experience where the love I had for God is what gave the best healing session for my mom. I just didn't know how to re-experience it. Now I know. Classes make a world of a difference for newbies like myself.

Anyway, that's my initial reason for reiki.

cheers Welcome to Universal Reiki sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:07 pm