Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
chi_solas
Milarepa
aronaya
7 posters

learning from Mrs. Takata

Thaak
    Thaak

learning from Mrs. Takata - Page 2 Empty Re: learning from Mrs. Takata

Post by Thaak Mon May 04, 2009 5:18 am

Pandora wrote:
    Thaak wrote:
    Pandora wrote:Andy I like your charging structure and reflections on it! I tell people to allow up to 75 - 90 minutes for a Reiki session, which means I could work on them for most if not all that time - or some of it. In the past I've given what I thought was a "short" session and spent the rest of the time talking to them about their issues or Reiki.

Exactly, often they end up sticking around for up to a couple of hours. I would only charge them though, for the amount of time that I was active with the Reiki flow.

And that's why I find it better to charge for the session, rather than per hour. The counselling part of the session has qualifications, CPD, and other expenditure associated with it that needs to be recouped as well as in the Reiki part, and if I charge for the counselling side it's acknowledging the training, skills and experience that goes into the counselling session. And the Reiki flows as we speak too.

That's a good point. But I've chosen that to help out the financial situation of most of my clients, that charging a little less will ultimately help them and myself more than say charging $60, $90, $120 or whatever flat fee for my services.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

learning from Mrs. Takata - Page 2 Empty Re: learning from Mrs. Takata

Post by chi_solas Mon May 04, 2009 5:33 am

Andy, I have similar experiences as you have with a client.
    I also believe that Reiki continues even after a client
    leaves. I do tell my clients that after a Reiki session
    the Reiki continues to work. I believe that Reiki does
    not stop once they step outside my Reiki room, they will
    continue to pick up the earths energy as they have always
    done but just never thought about it.

sunny

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:38 pm