Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Intake Forms

reikihealer83
    reikihealer83

Intake Forms Empty Intake Forms

Post by reikihealer83 Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:20 pm

I wanted to ask for others thoughts on having your clients fill out intake forms prior to a Reiki session. This would be similar to what you fill out at the doctor's office but with some modifications such as not asking about blood diseases etc. I feel it is important to know a bit about your client's history and what they may or may not expect from Reiki. This intake form would also have some contact info etc. What are thoughts on this?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Intake Forms Empty Re: Intake Forms

Post by chi_solas Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:30 pm

reikihealer83 wrote:I wanted to ask for others thoughts on having your clients fill out intake forms prior to a Reiki session. This would be similar to what you fill out at the doctor's office but with some modifications such as not asking about blood diseases etc. I feel it is important to know a bit about your client's history and what they may or may not expect from Reiki. This intake form would also have some contact info etc. What are thoughts on this?

I never ask for medical info.
    I believe that people heal themselves.
    Reiki goes to where it's needed. IMO
    that means that Reiki may have to unblock
    stuck energy before it gets to the real
    cause of the emotional, physical, spiritual
    needs of a client. Intake Forms 850837
    reikihealer83
    reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:09 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    reikihealer83 wrote:I wanted to ask for others thoughts on having your clients fill out intake forms prior to a Reiki session. This would be similar to what you fill out at the doctor's office but with some modifications such as not asking about blood diseases etc. I feel it is important to know a bit about your client's history and what they may or may not expect from Reiki. This intake form would also have some contact info etc. What are thoughts on this?

I never ask for medical info.
    I believe that people heal themselves.
    Reiki goes to where it's needed. IMO
    that means that Reiki may have to unblock
    stuck energy before it gets to the real
    cause of the emotional, physical, spiritual
    needs of a client. Intake Forms 850837

Thank you for that thought. I agree completely. I think a general form asking non medical information (ie, contact number for appointments etc) should be okay as they tend to be non intrusive Smile
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi reikihealer83 (do you have a friendly name as well? ) Smile

Here in the UK it is often a condition of our insurance ( which is in turn a requirement to be a practising member of most Reiki organisations!) that we keep records of our Reiki sessions. These should include contact details and details about the session - and therefore they must also comply with our Data Protection Act.

reikihealer83
    reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Colin wrote:Hi reikihealer83 (do you have a friendly name as well? ) Smile

Here in the UK it is often a condition of our insurance ( which is in turn a requirement to be a practising member of most Reiki organisations!) that we keep records of our Reiki sessions. These should include contact details and details about the session - and therefore they must also comply with our Data Protection Act.

Hi Colin,

I do have a friendly name but do not use it on forums for a variety of reasons:) Thank you for your thoughts on this. It is insteresting to know what other countries require. I know for the United States it is tough to see what could be needed as different states have different rules. What do you do in the UK when it comes to keeping information that you gain from clients confidential? Smile
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:26 pm

reikihealer83 wrote:
    Colin wrote:Hi reikihealer83 (do you have a friendly name as well? ) Smile

Hi Colin,

I do have a friendly name but do not use it on forums for a variety of reasons:) Thank you for your thoughts on this. It is insteresting to know what other countries require. I know for the United States it is tough to see what could be needed as different states have different rules. What do you do in the UK when it comes to keeping information that you gain from clients confidential? Smile

I keep my mouth shut! Smile

Seriously, my records are not stored electronically so I keep them stored in a file, securely.
    reikihealer83
    reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Would you recommend storing the on a Password protected flash drive as well as in paper form, Colin?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:23 am

Yes, I'm not an expert on data protection but I would imagine a password protected and/or en encrypted flash drive would be ok as that is pretty secure! As long as you are able to provide paper evidence if needed then I suppose it does have to even be stored in paper form as well. It would certainly take up less space and be more environmentally friendly but digital documents are not so easy to sign e.g. for Consent forms.

Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:00 am