Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Free v charge

Pachamama

Free v charge Empty Free v charge

Post by Pachamama Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi all, I have a question or two, some people charge for reiki, some don't some do a little of both, my question is, if a reiki practioner in your area is not charging for their service, and you are, do you feel threatened or undermined in any way? or are you only happy that reiki is getting out there and the more people touched by it the merrier?

I about to set up a free clinic and I'm wondering if some local Reiki practitioners might feel a little threatened by this?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Free v charge Empty Re: Free v charge

Post by Colin Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Pachamama wrote:Hi all, I have a question or two, some people charge for reiki, some don't some do a little of both, my question is, if a reiki practioner in your area is not charging for their service, and you are, do you feel threatened or undermined in any way? or are you only happy that reiki is getting out there and the more people touched by it the merrier?

I about to set up a free clinic and I'm wondering if some local Reiki practitioners might feel a little threatened by this?

Probably! Smile

However, you have every right not to charge if you don't want to.

Those who can afford it will probably go to someone who charges because they feel they may get a better service or just because they can afford it! Those who can't afford it will, I'm sure, be grateful of a free service!

There are plenty of potential clients for everyone. The secret is to get the message out to them!

Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:00 am

I know folks who offer free clinic on Friday's. bounce
    Some folks offer a sliding scale. Some folks.
    call it a donation rather than a charge/fee.
    Some folks barter sunny
    reikihealer83
    reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:58 am

I do not mind having a charge for my time and such but I understand if you do not want to charge. It is really up to the Reiki practitioner. I know people who do not charge because they do not like to but there are others who do because that is part of how they make a living. something to remember, the Reiki energy is free but the gas to get to a client if you are traveling is not so some fee/donation is helpful. Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:17 am

in my experience, most things offered for free aren't valued. ok, treatments maybe are ok. but a life path such as Reiki practice, no.
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:10 am

thanks for all your comments.....personally I've always had an issue with charging for healing, it's just never felt right for me. The first two healers I ever received healing from did not charge for their services, I asked one of them why and he replied that seeing people get better was reward enough, I couldn't agree more...Over the years I have found that whenever I have not charged for healing, the recipient has had a much more profound and beneficial experience, I put this down to me not feeling pressured to 'perform' and make sure they get their money's worth, which enables me to completely relax and be a far better vessel to facilitate healing. I chagre for massage and reflexology treatments, as this requires a great deal of effort on my part, but offering Reiki to someone requires no effort at all and frankly I feel the pleasure is all mine, it shouldbe me who is paying the recipient to allow me to step into that space of oneness with them....... I love you

This is just how I feel, i know many people charge for Reiki and many other forms of spiritual healing, I have been a student of some...but again and again I have said that charging for healing is not for me personally.

touched upon above was the fact that some people do not value things that come free, well I would say that is simply a condition of living in an overtly materialistic society....and many people do feel that way, however many people don't feel that way.

I'm not concerned with who comes or does not come to receive Reiki because it is free....those that are meant to receieve will receive.... My concern is the attitude of other Reiki practitioners in regards to me offering Reiki for free....In an ideal world I'd love to think that all Reiki practitioners would be overjoyed that Reiki is touching as many people as possible, but I doubt this is the case. A few Years back I spoke to a fellow Reiki practitioner about the prices she was charging and I said, woo, thats a bit dear, she said well I have a business to run.....It wasn't long before her holistic therapy practice folded!.....( theres a moral in there somewhere)

sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:47 pm