Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

I was initiated in the begining of November!

Ana P
    Ana P
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

I was initiated in the begining of November! Empty I was initiated in the begining of November!

Post by Ana P Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:55 am

Hello everybody!

I was initiated in the begining of November, and I have a lot of doubts!

I don't feel very secure that something is happening! I don't feel anything in my hands, I don't feel any kind of warmness.....

I practise every night when I'm comfortably on my bed.

The only two experiences I had are the following:

1) In the teachers room, during the break, I put my hands on my legs and tried to do Reiki. After some minutes I started to feel distant from the other people, as if I was just watching them in a film and I felt like glued to the sofa!
    It was "strange"............ scratch

2) Some days later, doing my reiki in my bed as usual, I felt kind of an explosion on my chest and waves flowing till the ends of my body. The same effect as when a stone hits water! And a strong shiver/shake.....
    This experience was not "strange" but "very strange"...... affraid

Should I feel anything else in my hands or my body? What should I be feeling, experiencing in this stage?

(I hope my English is enoughto make me correctly understood.......!)

Could you help me?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

I was initiated in the begining of November! Empty Re: I was initiated in the begining of November!

Post by chi_solas Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:14 am

Ana P wrote:Hello everybody!

I was initiated in the begining of November, and I have a lot of doubts!

I don't feel very secure that something is happening! I don't feel anything in my hands, I don't feel any kind of warmness.....

I practise every night when I'm comfortably on my bed.

The only two experiences I had are the following:

1) In the teachers room, during the break, I put my hands on my legs and tried to do Reiki. After some minutes I started to feel distant from the other people, as if I was just watching them in a film and I felt like glued to the sofa!
    It was "strange"............ scratch

2) Some days later, doing my reiki in my bed as usual, I felt kind of an explosion on my chest and waves flowing till the ends of my body. The same effect as when a stone hits water! And a strong shiver/shake.....
    This experience was not "strange" but "very strange"...... affraid

Should I feel anything else in my hands or my body? What should I be feeling, experiencing in this stage?

(I hope my English is enoughto make me correctly understood.......!)

Could you help me?

Ana everyone's experience is different.
    We each have different needs physically
    emotionally, & spiritually. The more you
    practice the more confident you will
    become. If its possible you should try
    to be part of Reiki shares. Trust your
    Reiki teacher to help you through your
    doubts. I was initiated in the begining of November! 850837
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

I was initiated in the begining of November! Empty Re: I was initiated in the begining of November!

Post by LightBody Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi Ana, and welcome to the experience of Reiki.

I have had many students who present the same concerns to me. They went through the attunements and either didn't know what they felt, or didn't feel anything at all, but for reasons they did not understand, they were attracted to learn and practice Reiki. That type of situation is probably more common than those who report fantastical phenomena during attunements and treatments, so know that you are definitely not alone.

With those who continued to practice with me, the usual obstacle preventing them from "sensing Reiki" was not knowing what it was they believed they were supposed to feel or sense. Imagine for a moment that you lived in Europe during the 1800's and were able to travel to Australia and meet the native Aborigines. One evening during dinner around a campfire, you describe snow and a snowflake to the group... you've got no digital camera to access Google or the web to show pictures of snow, and because they have only lived in a desert arid environment all of their life, they find it very difficult to understand what snow feels like or even the experience of catching a snowflake on their tongue.

That's similar to the situation you are in right now. The Aborigines could be given a demonstration of what snow feels like by causing a tiny drop of water to fall somewhere on their skin and then gently blowing on it so that it cools and "melts," but that's still not quite the same feeling. It's close, but not quite right.

Your situation is similar but different than the Aborigines to snow analogy because unlike the Aborigines who have never experienced snow or ice, you have been surrounded by Reiki energies and Reiki experiences all of your life, every moment, with every breath.

These Reiki experiences have been so prevalent in your life that the best way to make sense of them to live in ordinary reality has been to put up something similar to "horse blinders" so that you can focus on living your life.

The Reiki attunements have started to remove those "horse blinders" and now you are are beginning to perceive more around you, but because you've ignored that greater reality all of your life, you're not quite sure what it is that you are perceiving, and complicating the matter is that at this time, you don't know how you best sense and perceive spiritual energies.

That's okay, and it's perfectly natural and VERY common.

Learning to perceive the greater reality surrounding all of us is a lifetime process that never ends. Each day that passes, allowing you to gain a greater degree of hindsight, allows you to perceive more of that spiritual reality. That process will never end for any conscious entity.

Learning how you best perceive spiritual energies is a process that may take several years. You may begin to sense energies in one way today, but three years from now discover that you are sensing energies in a completely different way--and sensing a considerable amount more than when you first began. That's another process that all of us go through.

The wonderful thing is that the experiences you've described that have started to cause you doubt actually indicate the way you are beginning to sense and perceive greater spiritual energies (call that "Reiki" energies).

The best approach to improve your ability to sense those energies is the way you have already taken, and that approach begins with self-honesty. Honesty allows you to have a more consciously rational experience of those energies and will allow you to make more sense of the energies as you begin to sense more of them, AND maintain that sense of rationality as your perceptions of those energies change.

It starts with honesty, and then the next step is patience because patience allows experiences to happen, and as each experience happens, a new point of reference or a landmark is noticed... the first few years you may not understand what those landmarks are, but after you've noticed them a few times they will begin to become more familiar, and as they become more familiar you will gain a slightly better understanding of them.

Experiencing and understanding Reiki is a process that takes a lot of time.

You have started to awaken to a greater spiritual reality, a reality that will offer you a lifetime of exploration and new discoveries about yourself (and others, too).

Ana P
    Ana P
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Ana P Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:58 am

Thank you for your answer!

I think one of the things that isn't so well is that my teacher doesn't seem to be really "available".
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Ana P wrote:Thank you for your answer!

I think one of the things that isn't so well is that my teacher doesn't seem to be really "available".

sunny Ana great that your reaching out
    to enlight/enhance your Reiki knowledge bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:06 am