Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Random and Sudden Energy in the Spine

HAPPYINORBIT
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Random and Sudden Energy in the Spine Empty Random and Sudden Energy in the Spine

Post by HAPPYINORBIT Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:34 am

Hi there, I found your group through a google search in the hope to find an answer-- or perhaphs the begining of adventure.

In the past week, I have had this onset of what I can only describe as a strong sensation of energy running through my spine. It seems to last most of the day. It struck me as odd enough that I thought I would google it, and when I did, I got a lot of search results related to Chakra and Reiki. Therefore, I thought the best place to figure out what is happening- or if anything is happening- is a forum of qualified Reiki folk.
    I know a little about Chakra and Reiki- but only the basic concept and nothing more. I purchased the Carole Tuttle program more than a year ago, but never watched it. I also see a Reiki Practactioner/Shaman/Intuitive for therapy sessions and body work. So, I am exposed to the wonders of Reiki in that way.
    So, I guess my question is-- Is this energy running through my spine indicative of something I should be paying attention to? Or is it just one of those funny things our body does for no apparent reason? Any insight would be very appreciated.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Random and Sudden Energy in the Spine Empty Re: Random and Sudden Energy in the Spine

Post by Milarepa Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:57 am

Warm welcome to the forum! Reiki isn't about chakras. Though with Reiki being an individual path a person is free to incorporate anything they wish. This usually blends in fine. Since it's an individual path.

What other spiritual practices do you do?
    HAPPYINORBIT
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Random and Sudden Energy in the Spine Empty Re: Random and Sudden Energy in the Spine

Post by HAPPYINORBIT Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:02 am

Thank you for the welcome.
    I dont really have any other spiritual practices. I started meeting with my current practictioner due to an overwhelming calling to find my purpose--or to make sense of the stirrings I was having. I sometimes meditate, but have failed to do it religiously. Though when I do, I feel more centered. I have also seemed to make contact (in my mind) with a spiritual companion of some sort. She is a woman, I feel like maybe an angel, and her name is Gabriella. She always seems to be present when I meditate and when I have sessions with my practitioner. Aside from that, I have not adopted any specific practices. I am still trying to figure it out. I am very, very open and inquisitive and curious, so I am hopeful that with continued interest and an open heart, I will find what is right. I was wondering if this new energy I feel in my spine was somehow leading me somewhere.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi Happyinorbit

Welcome to the Lounge!

cheers

As Wayne has said, traditional Reiki teaching does not involve the chakras as such, although in Taoism which was one of the interests of Mikao Usui, the founder of Reiki, there are teachings about a central channel in the spine along which chi (or Qi) flows.

Along the channel are 3 main energy centres, called Tanden, in Japanese (Dan t'ien in Chinese) and there are various practices that involve cultivating essence (jing) in the lower tanden (just below the navel and roughly equivalent to the navel or sacral chakra), raising it up this channel to mix with the energy (chi) in middle tanden (on line with the nipples in the centre of the chest and roughly equivalent to the solar plexus or heart chakra) and on up to the upper tanden (in the centre of the head and roughly equivalent to the third eye chakra) where it is refined into spirit (shen). As more spirit is cultivated we become more aware of the Tao (or Great Oneness) and may become enlightened.

Your becoming aware of a spiritual companion may be an effect of this process. I have not yet experienced this level of energy awareness myself but why not ask Gabriella if she has any advice on how to proceed?

Other people may have other explanations, such as stirrings of kundalini, which is an Indian concept of energy that usually gathers at the base of the spine (and is symbolised as a snake, coiled 3 and a half times), which through certain exercises such as kundalini yoga (and some non-traditional styles of Reiki such as Tummo or Kundalini Reiki) may be encouraged to rise up the spine through the chakras up and out of the crown, resulting in a kundalini awakening, which is also really an enlightenment. Similar ideas, different cultures. Smile

It is recommended to be guided by a teacher who was already experienced this type of awakening who is able to help you and advise you either how to achieve this awakening in a steady and safe manner or settle the energy if you do not feel ready for a full awakening.

Regular Reiki sessions may also help balance your energies as well as your mind and body.

Hope that helps
    mike tyson

Post by mike tyson Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:23 pm

Colin wrote:Hi Happyinorbit

Welcome to the Lounge!

cheers

As Wayne has said, traditional Reiki teaching does not involve the chakras as such, although in Taoism which was one of the interests of Mikao Usui, the founder of Reiki, there are teachings about a central channel in the spine along which chi (or Qi) flows.

Along the channel are 3 main energy centres, called Tanden, in Japanese (Dan t'ien in Chinese) and there are various practices that involve cultivating essence (jing) in the lower tanden (just below the navel and roughly equivalent to the navel or sacral chakra), raising it up this channel to mix with the energy (chi) in middle tanden (on line with the nipples in the centre of the chest and roughly equivalent to the solar plexus or heart chakra) and on up to the upper tanden (in the centre of the head and roughly equivalent to the third eye chakra) where it is refined into spirit (shen). As more spirit is cultivated we become more aware of the Tao (or Great Oneness) and may become enlightened.

Your becoming aware of a spiritual companion may be an effect of this process. I have not yet experienced this level of energy awareness myself but why not ask Gabriella if she has any advice on how to proceed?

Other people may have other explanations, such as stirrings of kundalini, which is an Indian concept of energy that usually gathers at the base of the spine (and is symbolised as a snake, coiled 3 and a half times), which through certain exercises such as kundalini yoga (and some non-traditional styles of Reiki such as Tummo or Kundalini Reiki) may be encouraged to rise up the spine through the chakras up and out of the crown, resulting in a kundalini awakening, which is also really an enlightenment. Similar ideas, different cultures. Smile

It is recommended to be guided by a teacher who was already experienced this type of awakening who is able to help you and advise you either how to achieve this awakening in a steady and safe manner or settle the energy if you do not feel ready for a full awakening.

Regular Reiki sessions may also help balance your energies as well as your mind and body.

Hope that helps

As I discussed on a earlier thread almost the same sensation. In my experience the more times that I do the entire process or even a shortened process. The sensation becomes more intense its definetely not unpleasant.

I think that this has a lot to do with what I call revving up the bodies energy system. The more intensity you put in. The more intense the sensation.

When I do reki on myself I find that if I do my routine at a longer or drawn out session. I can almost get the same feeling, but it's more like a continuous wave that builds up.
    adelamarin
    adelamarin

Post by adelamarin Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:32 am

USE small circuit microcosmic, orbit microcosmic, of qigong, this help you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:07 pm