Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

About the Reiki Hand Position models created by Kiyoshi ( LightBody )

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

About the Reiki Hand Position models created by Kiyoshi ( LightBody ) Empty About the Reiki Hand Position models created by Kiyoshi ( LightBody )

Post by LightBody Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:41 am

Hi everyone.

I have always been able to perceive auras, chakras, meridians and acupoints as long as I can recall -- and some of my earliest memories extend back to my pre-kindergarten days. Basically I was seeing such phenomena long before I knew most others did not perceive them, and long before I knew there were sciences to explain them.

In 1992 I trained in Shiatsu massage, which taught me basic Traditional Chinese Medicine concepts such as acupoints and basic meridian theory. In 1993 I became a Certified Massage Therapist (along with receiving my first Reiki Master certificate) and practiced massage and taught Reiki part time until 2000 when I began a full time massage practice. By 2003 that practice evolved into a medical massage practice where I rented a treatment office out of a chiropractic clinic. By 2005, practicing conventional deep tissue massage techniques incorrectly for too many years caught up with me and I decided to close the practice during that October to protect my hands.

Mikao Usui and Chujiro Hayashi created the earliest official Reiki manuals. In those manuals, it's obvious to someone like me who has had some introductory training in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) concepts that the Reiki hand positions both individuals prescribed are loosely based on TCM and acupuncture theory -- Traditional Chinese Medicine was, after all, the principle method of treatment to provide a person when illness prevailed. Western Medicine was present, but in the early 1900's, Western Medicine was also in its infancy stages, and a bit controversial compared to where it is today.

Hayashi's Reiki Manual has more obvious relationships to Traditional Chinese Medicine concepts than Usui's, but then Hayashi also separated from Usui's system and created his own system of Reiki.

Given the greater popularity and perceived success in helping a person through their illness with various touch therapies such as acupressure, myofascial release, trigger point and others, and given the perceived benefits of Reiki, wouldn't it make sense that if Reiki Hands are applied to traditional acupoints and meridians associated with helping a person heal their illness that that illness would have a greater chance of healing?

The Reiki Hand Position models that I have created represent the first stage in exploring that question.

The Reiki Hand Position models presented here that I have created illustrate hand positions on points of the body that Traditional Chinese Medicine finds relevant to the respective ailment.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:19 pm