Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

fibromyalgia?

stefanj
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

fibromyalgia? Empty fibromyalgia?

Post by stefanj Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi, was wondering if anyone had treated for fibromyalgia, and what hand position's they may have used, or found the best results from? My fathers just been diagnosed and I'm looking for any info anyone may have, that may help me while treating him.

Thanks in Advance Smile

Stefan
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

fibromyalgia? Empty Re: fibromyalgia?

Post by Colin Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:03 pm

stefanj wrote:Hi, was wondering if anyone had treated for fibromyalgia, and what hand position's they may have used, or found the best results from? My fathers just been diagnosed and I'm looking for any info anyone may have, that may help me while treating him.

Thanks in Advance Smile

Stefan

Hi Stefan

Since this condition was not given the name fibromyalgia until the mid-1970s, it will not be found in Usui's or Hayashi's or even Takata's healing guides, which list various conditions and suggested hand positions (these guides were originally intended for those Reiki practitioners who had not yet developed the ability to sense byosen*, the area(s) where the imbalance from which the condition has developed.

If you have been taught a traditional form of Reiki then you will (hopefully) be aware of the concept of byosen and I would suggest keeping you hands on those areas until the byosen cannot be felt any more (this may take several long sessions).

If you are not aware of the concept of byosen then you can try scanning over the body to see if you can find any area(s) which feel (or seem) different the others e.g. hotter, cooler, more tingly or prickly, painful, or cause a colour or thought to arise in your mind. This will be a byosen area (an energetic imbalance or a build up of physical or non-physical toxins). The sensation will come in waves while your hands are held there and gradually die away. This is the way that Chujiro Hayashi taught Hawayo Takata and his other students such as Chiyoko Yamaguchi.

Since we all lead different lives, our symptoms and illnesses may arise from different sets of root causes. Working with byosen means we offer Reiki to each person according to their own particular imbalances rather than taking the more conventional approach of using the same "pill" or "hand positions" for everyone with the same apparent condition - i.e. we do not diagnose or treat a specific condition but allow Reiki to bring balance back to the person as a whole, dealing with each person individually.

However, if you are not yet able to sense byosen you can spend plenty of time in the head positions and then areas where the person complains of symptoms and also the main joints and lymph node areas (which is where toxins usually build up, which is why our joints often ache when we are unwell).

Or, you can go through a set series of hand positions you may have been taught but take note of any areas where you sense something different and stay there longer before moving on, even if it means you don't move any further for the rest of that session.

Hope that helps Smile
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi Stefan.

Colin is right. Not only was fibromyalgia not identified in the early 1920's, but even today the disease is largely a mystery.

Here's a diagram based on World Health Organization recognized acupoints for treatments of symptoms of fibromyalgia:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

stefanj
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by stefanj Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Thanks heaps, I really appreciate all the info. Smile
    Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers
    Stefan

Sponsored content