Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
FalconSays
Pandora
LightBody
kamd
8 posters

HELP! I get sick when I give reiki treatments - what to do????

kamd
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

HELP!  I get sick when I give reiki treatments - what to do???? Empty HELP! I get sick when I give reiki treatments - what to do????

Post by kamd Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:38 pm

I have been receiving Reiki treatments with wonderful results for a little over a year. I decided early this year to become trained in Reiki (levels 1 & 2). However, since I have been trained by a Reiki Master (Usui lineage) I about 95% of the time I get ill GIVING treatments to others. I start feeling somthing in my stomach, then it spreads to my entire body, hot, sweaty, general feeling of nauseousness. I usually have to stop giving the treatment for a few minutes and usually when I resume the treatment I start feeling unwell again so I usually stop altogether. My Reiki master has now indicated that she believes I shouldn't give/receive Reiki treatments and try to find another way to use my energy. I am also doing ascension work with her and another lady and they have stated to me that I am not to be a healer using Reiki, but in some other way.

Does anyone have or heard of any similar experience and can suggest what to do? I am really bummed about this.

Thank you.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

HELP!  I get sick when I give reiki treatments - what to do???? Empty Re: HELP! I get sick when I give reiki treatments - what to do????

Post by LightBody Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi Kamd. Welcome.

There may be a cleansing process that happens when practicing Reiki, in which case two healings are actually happening when you perform Reiki: one is on the client, and the other is on you.

Joshua Stone wrote a good book that summarizes the Ascension process titled A Complete Ascension Manual: How to Achieve Ascension in This Lifetime(Easy-To-Read Encyclopedia of the Spiritual Path)
    http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Ascension-Manual-Easy-To-Read-Encyclopedia/dp/0929385551

His book is a well written contemporary summary of the Ascension movement and as the title suggests, it is much easier to read (than the early 19th century English & grammar).

kamd
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

HELP!  I get sick when I give reiki treatments - what to do???? Empty Re: HELP! I get sick when I give reiki treatments - what to do????

Post by kamd Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:37 am

Thanks LightBody for your thoughts. I will look up the book you mention.

kamd
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:04 am

I'm a little unclear as to what level of Reiki you are currently attuned to. What I would say if you were my student is to continue with the self-healing only, don't work on others until you feel it is OK for you to do so.

Another thing I'd say is that Reiki is not just the energy, you know. Follow the Principles. Concentrate on your own spiritual development for a while. And see where you go with that.

Make sure you rest well and drink plenty of water.

It may also be the case that you are picking up stuff from your clients. I know this isn't strictly Reiki, but I do get the symptoms of other people while I'm giving treatments. If this happens, I say "thank you for showing me this. It has nothing to do with me." and imagine white light surrounding me. Then I discuss the symptom with my client after the session.

I got this one particular time, I did a run through of a medical questionnaire with my client and did the session. When I got to her stomach I felt so sick and tired I had to sit down. After the session, I told her this and she said "I forgot to tell you I have IBS which means I don't absorb food properly and I get so tired!". So trust your own intuition on this.
    kamd
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by kamd Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks Pandora for your insights and thoughts on the matter!

kamd
    FalconSays
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by FalconSays Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi Kamd,

I have to agree with Pandora. I believe we are to be as healthy as possible in order to be able to work on others. That said, every being will need on-going work, can never be perfect, so when to start treating others?

I suppose if you are being guided to heal, you can't ignore a directive from ascended masters or your guides. But, here in lies the kanundrum. If you are getting so sick from sessions, ascended masters and your guides may very well be trying to slow you down and pull you back a bit and cleanse you more before you work on others.

Only YOU and your higher self can truly know the 'right' answer for yourself on how to proceed. Simply ASK what is the highest good for all, and then you will be on the right track.

xoxo
    ~Karen S. Falcon
    Reiki I certified November 2012
    Founder, Reiki Resource dot org
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi Karen, welcome to the Reiki Learning Lounge, and thanks for such a great contribution to the discussion.
    FalconSays
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by FalconSays Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi Kiyoshi Takahashi,

Thank you for the welcome. I added the Reiki Learning Lounge link to my website footer. Thank you for the spanking :-)

~Karen
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Warm Welcome Karen!

I'll check your site, and promote you to full member/forum promoter!
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:53 am

FalconSays wrote:... I added the Reiki Learning Lounge link to my website footer. Thank you for the spanking :-)

Now who would'da thought that a spanking would get someone a promotion (Your title has been upgraded to Forum Promoter)? Ooooh, I get it... it was a "Reiki-Spanking". LOL
    ;-)

Thanks for making the addition to your website so fast. It's really appreciated.

Love & Light,
    Kiyo

yeruham

Post by yeruham Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:46 am

Dear Kamd,
    May I suggest considering studying Reiki with a different teacher?
    After I received Reiki I certification, a few years ago, I found that people to whom I gave Reiki felt the energy, but found it unpleasant. I remember one successful treatment, of various pains, while the rest were unsuccessful. I sort of drifted away from Reiki. I do not remember what caused me to study Reiki II. But after some time, I studied it with Dinai Rune, at the Light Centre (now called Todaa (=consciousness) in Beer Sheva. And some time later, I studied and was certified in Reiki III, also with Dinai. My Reiki ever since has been quite positive.
    I cannot accept that you "shouldn't give/receive Reiki treatments". Your teacher might be excellent, but just not for you.
    By the way I apologize for having been away from our Forum for some time. I was having computer problems. I hope I have not ignored any messages specifically relating to my posts. Our Forum is so big and wonderful, that I cannot always find my way.
    Best to all,
    Yeruham
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Post by Carina_NZ Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:52 pm

would like to know how things are now Smile
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:14 am

Dear Carina,
    Thank you.
    Nowadays, when I give Reiki, the response seems to be positive.
    I don't know that the treatment is always successful. But people seem to enjoy it.
    Maybe my treatments should be longer? I am not sure.
    But one thing is for sure, I no longer get complaints of unpleasant feelings. And I think the pleasant feeling of energy is something good in itself.
    Best
    Yeruham
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Post by Carina_NZ Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:48 am

and the feeling you have within yourself, has that sick feeling gone?
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:24 am

Carina,
    I think in my last post I answered you when your post was really intended for kamd. Sorry.
    Yeruham
    Naturepixie
    Naturepixie

Post by Naturepixie Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:36 am

My experience with this.. I was doing Reiki on my mom and once I got to her back I felt awful. I started shaking, sweating and felt sick to my stomach. I had to stop and sit down for about 10 minutes.. then finished the session and felt fine. I talked to my Reiki Master and she said that she thought my mom really needed several more session because she had a lot of bad energy built up..I hate to say it but I haven't given my mom any more treatments and kinda backed off of Reiki. But I made myself a promise to start again.. So I'll probably be doing a treatment on my mom soon.. I'll post back and let you know how it goes. I'm really a newbie so I can't tell you much because I have so much more learning myself. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:37 am