Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Pain in eyes during Reiki

Labyrinthia
    Labyrinthia
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Pain in eyes during Reiki Empty Pain in eyes during Reiki

Post by Labyrinthia Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:15 am

My mother always gets pain in her eyes when I do Reiki on her. Coming from behind them she says. Practically from the very second I lay my hands on her, and it persists during the whole treatment, and evenutally tapers off afterwards. She always comments on what a good nights sleep she has after Reiki, but the treatment is so uncomfortable for her, she's becoming hesitant to have it done.

She doesn't have any physical problems with her eyes, but has a bad chest with asthma, a hernia which she has been told will not be operated on, and an underactive thyroid so I feel it would a shame if she stopped having Reiki because of this.

What can I do?

Last edited by Lambs-Wool on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The thread has been moved to "Healing Techniques and Experiences")
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Pain in eyes during Reiki Empty Re: Pain in eyes during Reiki

Post by Carina_NZ Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:12 pm

possibly move your hands further away from her body? never heard of it before (like lots of things) but i would try standing far back from her as i begin and ask her at what point does it hurt as i get close to her... and maintain that distance - maybe use a hand signal to let me know if i got too close.

i would also formulate the intention at the beginning to include whatever she wants the reiki for and for it to be comfortable during the treatment
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi labyrinthia .

sometimes the problem area seems to be present in astral body that both wraps around physical body and as well permeates through it. It would be helpful if you apply 'reiji ho' method of letting reiki's intelligence guide you where is the exact problem. It is a useful scanning technique and if you haven't tried earlier, you can get hold of it in couple of attempts

Extreme pain on a reiki application is often indicative of a chronic problem and it is not necessary that problem is locally situated in that area. As we must confess we don't know the precise mechanism in which reiki operates, we often go by observation and sharing of experiences.

Ah yes. You can try one more thing. If you are reiki level 2 or above, take her photo as surrogate and apply distant reiki on her full face, head and neck region. Lets see if that works.

Take care
    Salman
    Labyrinthia
    Labyrinthia
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Labyrinthia Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:17 am

Both replies are helpful. I will try the three suggestions - moving further away, using byosen, and using a distant technique - thank you.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:22 am

Labyrinthia wrote:My mother always gets pain in her eyes when I do Reiki on her. ...
    She doesn't have any physical problems with her eyes, but has a bad chest with asthma,..
    What can I do?

In traditional Chinese/Japanese medicine, the Sclera (white part of the eye) is understood to be connected with the lungs (and lung problems) - so the pain could simply be an associated indicator symptom.

Also, you could try a short session [five minutes max} in which you treat only her kidneys/adrenals.

(I have found there is often also a link between kidneys/adrenals and the eyes.)
    Labyrinthia
    Labyrinthia
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Labyrinthia Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:37 am

Thank you, that is really helpful. Come to think of it, her health hasn't fully recovered since having pleurisy a couple of years back.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Also, you could try a short session [five minutes max} in which you treat only her kidneys/adrenals.

hi James.

please educate us if the results will be different if the session is long, lets say half an hour or so... ?

Salman
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:31 pm

Hi Salman,
    Lambs-Wool wrote:hi James.
    please educate us if the results will be different if the session is long, lets say half an hour or so... ?
    Salman

The reason I suggest a short session is simply this:
    different things work for different people (based on the underlying cause of their symptoms)
    If the treatment suggested does not result in pain in the eyes,
    [ - we have not as yet had any feedback, and I would have covered this when we had Smile ],
    treatment time can be extended by a few minutes. (Often, such pain will only arise several minutes into a treatment). So the idea is to gradually increase the length of each successive treatment.
    It is all about modifying what we do in response to the observable effect of what we do - and to avoid causing unnecessary disconfort to the 'client' in the process.

Smile
    Labyrinthia
    Labyrinthia
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Labyrinthia Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:48 pm

The shorter treatments are not helping. The pain is starting shortly after laying hands on her and lasting throughout regardless of length of the treatment. Have yet to try the other suggestions.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:03 am

Hi,
    so you only treated her kidneys, nothing else?

Labyrinthia wrote:The shorter treatments are not helping. The pain is starting shortly after laying hands on her .
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 am

Some folks believe that A
    Reiki practitioner like a
    Doctor should not treat
    family members.

It helps to set up a space
    that is relaxing some folks
    use music. I leave that up
    to the client. Music is
    powerful but it also can be
    an irritant for some folks.

If you don't use music you can
    set the tone with a short intro
    bringing the client into a peace
    ful place suggesting that it can
    be a place that they went to as
    a child an adult or it can be an
    imaginary place, tell them to go
    there now and enjoy the peace it
    has to offer. Continue in silence
    with the Reiki session and when you
    are ending the session gently use
    the clients name and softly tell them
    that its time to leave their peaceful
    place knowing they can go back there
    anytime they want to. Arrow Pain in eyes during Reiki 850837

I find that helps clients feel more in
    control of the Reiki sessions and fears
    are put at ease such as eye pain.Of course
    I'm looking at it from a metaphysical point
    of view sunny

Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Post by Carina_NZ Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:17 pm

is she lying or sitting in a position that she is only in when she receives reiki?

example - if you were applying reiki to someone, and that person was standing on their head (but doesn't at any other time) they would likely complain of a headache, whenever they receive reiki.

that is an extreme example, but hopefully explains what i mean Wink
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Carina_NZ wrote:is she lying or sitting in a position that she is only in when she receives reiki?

example - if you were applying reiki to someone, and that person was standing on their head (but doesn't at any other time) they would likely complain of a headache, whenever they receive reiki.

that is an extreme example, but hopefully explains what i mean Wink

good point sunny
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Rlei_ki wrote:Hi Salman,
    Lambs-Wool wrote:hi James.
    Salman

The reason I suggest a short session is simply this:
    different things work for different people (based on the underlying cause of their symptoms)
    If the treatment suggested does not result in pain in the eyes,
    [ - we have not as yet had any feedback, and I would have covered this when we had Smile ],
    treatment time can be extended by a few minutes. (Often, such pain will only arise several minutes into a treatment). So the idea is to gradually increase the length of each successive treatment.
    It is all about modifying what we do in response to the observable effect of what we do - and to avoid causing unnecessary disconfort to the 'client' in the process.

Smile

Hi James :

i got it, alongwith all the points carrying emphasis.

Thanks Smile

Salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:01 pm