Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

How is healing energy sent through the eyes?

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

How is healing energy sent through the eyes? Empty How is healing energy sent through the eyes?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu May 14, 2009 5:59 am

Hi Everybody!!

I have heard and also know that healing energy can be sent through the practitioner's eyes and breath besides the hand positions.

How is it done and what does it feel like to send energy through eyes?
    Are there physical sensations or just intentions and then we need to believe that it is happening?

cyclops (((((target practicing)))))
    Arabella
    Arabella

How is healing energy sent through the eyes? Empty Re: How is healing energy sent through the eyes?

Post by Arabella Thu May 14, 2009 10:00 am

I'd just try having the intention and doing it. When I was first attuned to Reiki, I was just looking at a photo of my grandson and it was like I could see purple light on his face as I looked at him. (Reiki seems purple to me -- I've also seen streaks of purple light on ceilings and walls.) I think a lot of energy tends to flow out of our eyes anyway.

Laughing THC, your avatar never fails to crack me up!
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

How is healing energy sent through the eyes? Empty Re: How is healing energy sent through the eyes?

Post by Dragonfly Thu May 14, 2009 2:04 pm

When I have practiced it,I try to keep my gaze soft, almost like when you're meditating with your eyes open. You don't want to laser-beam people! LOL Laughing It's not a technique I personally care for that much. If you wear contacts, like I do, they tend to get dried out.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu May 14, 2009 7:31 pm

GYOSHI HO
    A Method of Healing using the Eyes
    Copyright ©️ 2006 James Deacon

In Reiki practice, one will often come across situations where, for various reasons, one cannot utilise the basic form of 'hands-on' treatment.

In some cases, such as where the client is suffering from burns, or an open wound of some sort, the need for hands-on contact can be circumvented by giving treatment with the hands held a few inches off the surface of the body (in the aura).

However, there will be situations where even the close proximity of the hands (even though not touching the client), can have potentially traumatic effects [various forms of abuse come to mind].

Especially in such cases, Gyoshi Ho can be used effectively.

Gyoshi Ho:

Become aware of the flow and radiance of the Reiki phenomenon within and around your own body.

Know that, while generally Reiki seems to flow most strongly from, and can be directed by, the hands, it also flows from, and can be directed with, the eyes - with the gaze.

Bring your visual attention to the area in need of treatment; then allow your vision to relax, to de-focus slightly.

You are not staring at the area, rather your gaze is soft and comfortable - soft and comforting.

Generate heart-felt compassion for your client.

In this state, become aware of Reiki flowing from your eyes to the area in need of treatment.

Feel the Reiki flow; see it in your mind's eye, at the same time feel compassion flowing from your heart.

Source: http://www.aetw.org/d_gyoshi.htm
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Thu May 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Thanks for posting that, Wayne. Nice stuff!

I've always been fascinated by the way all creatures communicate through the eyes. So much passes between us that way. I do think that both energy and communication pass through the eyes, all without words or action, including a lot of information that we don't consciously know about.

I think letting Reiki flow through the eyes helps keep our eyes clear, like keeping the channel of communication open.

I think I'm not expressing myself very clearly here. Ah well... look into my eyes...

And I remember there was a discussion on Reiki4All about Reiki through whatever body part: Elbows, feet, fingers, etc. It was the "etc." part that got interesting... Wink
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu May 14, 2009 11:09 pm

I remember my first eye energy interaction that
    my mother & others in authority would use to get
    their message across.Shocked

However as Dragonfly mentioned when using Reiki
    we do not want to laser beam our clients. My dog
    was very sensitive to Reiki touch. I used my eyes
    to give him Reiki from a distance of about 4 feet.
    Eventually when he became familar with the energy
    I was able to do hands on.
    sunny
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Thu May 14, 2009 11:36 pm

chi_solas wrote:

However as Dragonfly mentioned when using Reiki
    we do not want to laser beam our clients. My dog
    was very sensitive to Reiki touch. I used my eyes
    to give him Reiki from a distance of about 4 feet.
    Eventually when he became familar with the energy
    I was able to do hands on.
    sunny

Is Reiki through the eyes thought to be more intense than through the hands? I haven't really done much with it, other than the experience I mentioned with my grandson's picture.

Interesting, chi solas, about the "authority energy interaction." Fairly clear message in that one, huh. Laughing
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu May 14, 2009 11:58 pm

I seem to remember from somewhere, that it's suggested the hands 'emit' the most, then possibly breath, then eyes.

someone could elaborate, or correct me opn that though, Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri May 15, 2009 1:12 am

When Irish eyes are smiling,
    Sure, 'tis like the morn in
    Spring. flower
    ~~~~~~

I feel more power from my eyes
    than hands in the sense that I
    can radiate or ripple my energy
    as in when you enter a room,or
    public transportation. When I'm
    doing a Reiki session it hands
    on one to one. All the energy in
    the room is being focused on one
    person.

The eyes have been refered to
    as the gateway to the soul.
    Your eyes show a lot of your
    emotions. I would say that a
    person's emotional energy is
    emitted through their eyes.

In Reiki we use our 3rd eye
    We can refocus our inner eye
    away from the physical eyes.
    I have heard the term mirror
    gazing, & overlapping to the
    corner of the eye when you
    sense someone /thing is present
    but not visable I'm no expert
    just still in the learning
    phases. How is healing energy sent through the eyes? 850837
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri May 15, 2009 1:13 am

chi_solas wrote:When Irish eyes are smiling,
    Sure, 'tis like the morn in
    Spring. flower
    ~~~~~~

How is healing energy sent through the eyes? 109644
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Fri May 15, 2009 1:26 am

Um, you two would never be Irish, would you? Laughing
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri May 15, 2009 1:40 am

lol! was Massachusetts a give away?

Last edited by chi_solas on Fri May 15, 2009 1:42 am; edited 2 times in total
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri May 15, 2009 1:41 am

cheers
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri May 15, 2009 5:02 am

H...e...y!!!

I didn't know these posts were made!!
    tongue

Embarassed

( oh great, my little bouquet woke up...)
    will try to be back soon....

apologies...
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri May 15, 2009 7:20 am

"Dragonfly" You don't want to laser-beam people! LOL Laughing

ROFL!!!!!!!!

I just imagined myself doing just that!!

cyclops

It will weird people out!
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri May 15, 2009 7:24 am

Arabella wrote:I'd just try having the intention and doing it. When I was first attuned to Reiki, I was just looking at a photo of my grandson and it was like I could see purple light on his face as I looked at him. (Reiki seems purple to me -- I've also seen streaks of purple light on ceilings and walls.) I think a lot of energy tends to flow out of our eyes anyway.

Laughing THC, your avatar never fails to crack me up!

Thanks, I think I finally may have found the avatar I want to stick with ...( for a while)
    I am glad you like it... I love you

wow, you see colors?? cool, cool!
    Smile
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri May 15, 2009 7:33 am

The eyes have been refered to
    as the gateway to the soul.
    Your eyes show a lot of your
    emotions. I would say that a
    person's emotional energy is
    emitted through their eyes.

You summed it up beautifully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is healing energy sent through the eyes? 109644

I am a HUGE sucker for eyes!! Human, animals, dolls, pictures, posters - Anything!!!
    I feel lost if I can't see somebody's eyes.

How is healing energy sent through the eyes? 402695

Eyes are the best part on all living things! except may be spider and cockroach eyes!
    OK, fine , let's just stick with creations with only 2 eyes...
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Mon May 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Oh yeah -- I really hate trying to have a conversation with someone that's wearing sunglasses.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon May 18, 2009 10:24 pm

Arabella wrote:Oh yeah -- I really hate trying to have a conversation with someone that's wearing sunglasses.

The kind that have a rainbow sheened glass
    and its like talking and watching a tv show
    at the same time. Not so Cool

sunny
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed May 20, 2009 1:35 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Arabella wrote:Oh yeah -- I really hate trying to have a conversation with someone that's wearing sunglasses.

The kind that have a rainbow sheened glass
    and its like talking and watching a tv show
    at the same time. Not so Cool

sunny

THAT's one of my pet peeves...

actually it is a body lauguage by itself! The person who does that will have a reason for doing that.. The sensitive ones will take it off as soon as they see me scrambling to look at their eyes.. but the rude ones keep it on anyways ( for a reason that they only know )

I usually look away when talking to them b'cos I find it annoying....
    Even if it my best friend, I want to see her eyes. I hate color contacts, My cousin wears them and I can't see her emotions in her eyes. These color contacts have perpetually wide pupils and look artificial.

I like watching people's eyes.. the color of the iris, the pigments, the emotion, the shape.... ah, god's beautiful creation and windows of a soul....

drunken
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Wed May 20, 2009 9:50 pm

Oh, I think people even forget that they have sunglasses on sometimes. They just get used to the way things look. And, of course, they can see your eyes okay.

I never wear sunglasses because I like my eyes to be out there. Supposedly we should but I don't like to. A friend of mine gave me some vintage Armani sunglasses that look (ahem) awesome on me and I'd like to wear them some times for effect but ... I just always want to get the light and air out there and SEE things.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:25 am