Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Hello Everyone!Need your advice

sandip_teramai

Hello Everyone!Need your advice Empty Hello Everyone!Need your advice

Post by sandip_teramai Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi learned Reiki Masters,
    I am Sandip from India and a Tera Mai Reiki Practitioner.
    I have attained 2 degrees in it

I did practice REIKI for 21 days which is called the cleansing process
    and experienced changes in me like the flow of heat through the hands,the warmth,the tingling sensations,
    Urine color changes..etc..

Whenever I practice REIKI or heal someone I tend to draw 7 Reiki symbols in the air by closing my eyes

However,
    What I want to know from you learned masters is what is the correct approach/method of practising it?
    i).Do I need to practice is daily?As I have observed that I don't feel much warmth in hands if I am not regular
    ii).Do I need to heal on all the body parts (3 minutes each) every day?
    iii).As I said I have already gone through the cleansing process of 21 days and have felt the warmth,heat
    ,tingling sensations through my hands..
    So do you feel that I am properly channelized to receive the REIKI energy or what am I missing still
    and how do I improvise it?

Please reply.

Regards,
    Sandip
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Hello Everyone!Need your advice Empty Re: Hello Everyone!Need your advice

Post by Colin Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi Sandip

Welcome to the Lounge!
    cheers
    One thing to note is that whilst 'Reiki' is 'Reiki' there are many different styles of Reiki practice taught - of which Tera Mai is one. So, you may find that people practising a more traditional form will have some different ideas e.g. there are only 3 Reiki symbols taught up to level 2 in traditional Usui Reiki Ryoho rather than 7 (the extra symbols have been added into that particular style of practice).

Also, in reality, there is no such thing as a 21-day cleansing process in Usui Reiki Ryoho Smile
    Yes, many people will experience changes like those you mention (and sometime more dramatic ones!) post Reiki initiation but the period of 21 days is not a fixed period for cleansing. For some people it is less and for some it is longer and others may not experience any unusual symptoms at all!

The important thing is to keep up with a regular daily self-Reiki practice as this is what helps bring you to (and keeps you) in balance. There are no fixed hand positions or time limits in each position. Just place you hands where they feel comfortable for as long as you want to keep them there. You can move to different areas but traditionally the important areas are the head, heart and tanden (just below your navel) and also include any areas where you feel drawn to or have any problems.

It is also important to know that we all have Reiki within us all the time, the Reiki initiation is simply an experience that allows us to become more aware of it. Ongoing regular Reiki practice continues this process and brings our Mind and Body further into balance.
    sandip_teramai

Post by sandip_teramai Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Thanks Colin for your reply and sharing your knowledge.
    So what additionaly do you suggest me to take up since I am already done with Tera Mai till 2nd degree?
    Or is this the end?
    I forgot to mention in my last post that I have attended 1st degree for Usui Reiki also wherein I was told
    by the master that there is a 21 day cleansing process.

And how do I understand that I am making progress in REIKI healing?
    I mean the the sensations,magnetic pullings..etc?

Any videos/articles for more references?

Thanks in advance.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Hi Sandip

"already done with Tera Mai till 2nd degree"? Smile

Why the rush? Smile

The important thing, as I mentioned, is to maintain a regular self-Reiki practice. Attending a Reiki 2nd Degree (or even a Reiki 3rd Degree) class is never the end! Smile It is really just the beginning of the next stage in your journey and requires regular practice every day in order to develop your connection with Reiki (and your true nature). Daily recitation of the Gokai (Five Reiki precepts) is also an important part of Reiki practice that will help your development Smile

I also forgot to mention that there are many styles of Reiki that are called Usui Reiki/Usui Reiki Ryoho/Usui Shiki Ryoho and that some teachers are passing on what they have been told, not having had it made clear to them that what they have been told are not traditional Reiki teachings. For example, as well as the 21 day cleansing period, many, many Reiki teachers teach about chakras and Reiki Guides but none of these things were part of the Reiki teachings that were originally taught in Japan. Smile  Whilst these concepts may be very useful for many people, I feel it is important that Reiki teachers who teach about them clearly explain that they are helpful concepts but are not part of the traditional Reiki teachings. Smile

A good way to know you are "making progress" is to keep a journal so you can look back on how far you have come and see how you may have changed after practising Reiki regularly. As for the sensations, please do not get too attached to them. They are often helpful in order to help you place your hands in the optimal spot for healing but stronger or more regular sensations do not necessarily mean you are developing more Reiki "ability".  Smile

Here is a video that explains Reiki practice from a traditional Japanese point of view. (Jikiden Reiki closely follows the way that Chujiro Hayashi taught Reiki in Japan in the 1930s and is one of the very few styles of Reiki practice that does not include concepts that have been added-in by Western Reiki teachers. It is still Usui Reiki Ryoho but taught as Chujiro Hayashi taught it) Smile

Please note that I am not singling out Jikiden Reiki as a better or more correct Reiki practice - just a simpler, more traditional one Smile
    sandip_teramai

Post by sandip_teramai Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:15 am

Colin,

"A good way to know you are "making progress" is to keep a journal so you can look back on how far you have come and see how you may have changed after practising Reiki regularly"

So what still I have not understood is how do I know that I am making progress?
    What do you I note in a journal if it is not the warmth and the sensations?

Are you trying to say that heal on others and make a note of how it was before and how it is after practicing ?
    Similar to it?

And I could not see the link of the video which you mentioned .
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:06 am

Hi Sandip

Sorry, I forgot to paste the link! Embarassed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGagP2Xo1LU

Making progress is not just about feeling sensations, although keeping notes about what happens in each Reiki session, and feedback you receive from the client is a good idea (and  keeping client records is actually required by many insurance companies here in the UK). You can also note how you feel, how you cope with various situations you may find yourself in, whether you find yourself about something, did you get angry about something? How did it turn out? etc.

If you find you are generally, healthier, happier, less worried and get angry less often then you are making progress Smile

As far as healing others is concerned, each case is different and the outcome is determined by Reiki and the client rather than you. All you can really do is keep notes from each session about what happened and hope that the client returns so you can follow their progress. Smile
    sandip_teramai

Post by sandip_teramai Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:29 am

Thanks a lot Colin.
    This clears all my doubts Very Happy 

I will surely start making note of the things and see what progress I make in the coming months.

Thanks a lot once again.

Have a good day Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:10 am

Warm Welcome!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter