Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Quantum Mechanics & Reiki

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Quantum Mechanics & Reiki Empty Quantum Mechanics & Reiki

Post by Milarepa Sat May 16, 2009 10:10 am

Bruce wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

I can't find the exact experiment, but scientists in a laboratory done an experiment. Under a high powered microscope, they had atoms or molecules placed (can't remember which) . These either spin left or right. Every single time the scientists thought they'd spin one way, they were! As these are the building blocks of live, this indicates that we can actually alter, and create our own reality.

Gregg Braden,and visionaries like him say that what humanity collectively thinks dictates our reality also. As it's a collective consciousness. He goes on to say, for instance, that in 2012, we have an opportunity to greatly alter reality, for the good. Though, that's a whole different subject in a way.

...the 'Cophenhagen interpretation', of which Bohr and Heisenberg were involved....

Schroedinger's Cat theory, which is really more of a paradox, was Schroedinger's attempt to tackle what he saw as an issue with the Copenhagen experiment. Although, the Cophenhagen experiement in 1997 was shown (in a poll) to be the most widely accepted specific-interpreation in physics.

Schroedinger's Cat theory shows that there is a 50/50 chance the cat will be dead in the box (which no-one can see inside). Whilst the Cophenhagen interpretation can conclude that at the micro level, human observation can change the course of an event.

...The Schroedinger's Cat thought experiment -- proposed by, you guessed it, Erwin Schroedinger -- was an attempt to refute the Copenhagen school's adherence to the uncertainty principle. Schroedinger asserted that the cat would be either definitely dead or definitely alive, regardless of our inability to observe it while the box was closed. The Copenhagen school's response was to posit that there were indeterminate states that were not resolved until we opened the box -- at which time, one probability wave function would endure and all other possible probability wave functions for the outcome would collapse to zero. A refinement led to the multiworlds interpretation of quantum theory, in which each probability wave function endures in its own reality, split off from the others at the moment the box is opened -- like the science fiction stuff of alternate realities.

Bruce

It'd be really interesting to hear any ideas as to how the 'Copenhagen Interpretation' (which says we can change reality, at least at the micro level) is very valid, if not essential to our expereince of Reiki, Smile .

I'll start off slightly...

What the mind can concieve & believe, the mind can acheive.

Or

With our thoughts we shape our reality. And, as a certain James Deacon adds, 'with our thoughts we shape our Reiki'....

Take care
    Wayne
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Quantum Mechanics & Reiki Empty Re: Quantum Mechanics & Reiki

Post by Milarepa Sun May 17, 2009 10:30 am

i'll give a few examples, incase anyone finds it interesting how science can explain things in Reiki, hehe.

Quantum Physics explains how in Reiki:-

1. Absent healing is done.

2. And, what happens during one aspect of in-person healing.

3. How, what we recoqnise, and perceive within Reiki, is crucial to the way we expereince Reiki.

4. Perhaps most important of all, Quantum physics helps support where Reiki actually comes from, and why it can come from there.

I'd suggest even looking at Quantum Physics in layman's terms, is extremely valid for understanding a huge portion of our everyday lives, go check it out, it's pretty cool when you see spiritual validation in science, Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sun May 17, 2009 3:17 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    It'd be really interesting to hear any ideas as to how the 'Copenhagen Interpretation' (which says we can change reality, at least at the micro level) is very valid, if not essential to our expereince of Reiki, Smile .

I'll start off slightly...

What the mind can concieve & believe, the mind can acheive.

Or

With our thoughts we shape our reality. And, as a certain James Deacon adds, 'with our thoughts we shape our Reiki'....

Here's a contrarian viewpoint. I think some people are jumping too quickly to reach for quantum physics explanations of things that can be explained just as well (or just as poorly) by classical physics. And then they get the quantum physics wrong, which does bad things for the credibility of reiki practitioners in general.

Basic quantum physics says that on a subatomic level, the act of observation affects the thing observed, because the act of observation uses energy that is on the same order of magnitude as the energy of the thing observed. E.g., to "see" an electron, we bounce it off a particle that has about the same amount of energy as the electron.

But that doesn't mean that thinking one way, rather than another, produces quantum effects that are significant on a macroscopic level -- and yet, some people seem to assume that quantum physics says it's so. (For anyone who points to Emoto's experiments with ice crystals as "proof" -- please note the absence of double-blind protocols in his experiments. The photographer already knew which particular words or other influences were exerted on which samples of ice when he was selecting "representative" crystals. That's just not scientific proof, although Emoto and others claim that it is.)

Consider bouncing a subatomic particle off of a very massive object, like a large building. It's a very different situation from the above-mentioned process of detecting a single electron. And it doesn't have a significant effect on the building. In order to have a significant effect on the building, we'd have to use much more energy, on a macroscopic scale. (Or there would have to be a cumulation of an incredible number of statistically random subatomic events suddenly becoming non-random.)

So if anyone asserts that quantum physics is necessary to an understanding of reiki, I ask that you list what features of reiki can be explained by quantum physics, that can't be explained by classical physics. Thanks, in advance.

Bruce
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sun May 17, 2009 6:57 pm

Bruce asks what features of Reiki can be explained by quantum physics, that can't be explained by classical physics. I'll have a go:

1. Distant healing, which is (partly) explained by quantum entanglement (what Einstein called "spooky action at a distance").

2 (ish). Could it be that, when we're giving Reiki, we're influencing what Feynman called the "sum over histories", so that one particular action/event takes place instead of another one?

3. Allied to 2ish, and bringing in a term from sociology (yes I know...), has quantum mechanics actually identified what is influenced by the "participant observer"? Is it 2?

You'll probably say that 2 and 3 aren't quantum physics/mechanics. However, if QM hadn't existed, Feynman's work wouldn't have been done.

Quantum Mechanics & Reiki 471984
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun May 17, 2009 10:08 pm

Bruce wrote:
    So if anyone asserts that quantum physics is necessary to an understanding of reiki, I ask that you list what features of reiki can be explained by quantum physics, that can't be explained by classical physics. Thanks, in advance.

Bruce

Neccessary maybe too strong a word, very useful, yes. Dunno if classical physics explains absent healing?

I'l explain my points. On their individual own, there's perhaps not much value, but if we look to them collectively, and look at aspects of quantum physics collectively, it puts a different slant on it.

milarepa wrote:
    Quantum Physics explains how in Reiki:-

1. Absent healing is done.

We see some 4% of the universe directly. Dark matter is hypothesised to be around 22%, whilce Dark energy, is 74%. Although dark matter is beleived to be largely nonbaryonic, (this doesn't neccessarily mean it doesn't come into play here, point 4 will help support) and is thought to not interact with anything, and dark energy only interact with gravity, the very idea that there's not just air between me & you Bruce, could lead one to say we are all truely connected.

Well, after all, am i not the same as a tree? Only 'rearranged' in a different way?

We've all came from Earth - we come from the same thing, and if all planets came from the same thing, and all existence came from the same 'thing', then perhaps dark matter/dark energy of which is a part of our shared existence, is also from the same thing. And, if it is, the theroectically, we have a connection to them both.

If we do have a connection to them both, then (as they're in between you & I) it's very easy to absent heal. Since, there is no distance in the first place, as we're all connected already, nothing travels anywhere.

It's kind alike when we go out to the shop, we're walking through a cosmological 'soup', except we don't see it. Smile .

milarepa wrote:
    2. And, what happens during one aspect of in-person healing.

This is largely to do with number 1. Though i'm specifically talking about linear stuff in Reiki. If, everything is truely connected, per point 1, then there is no Reiki travelling from 'A' to 'B'. There is really no 'A' or 'B' in that sense of the word. And, of course, there's no need for Reiki to travel anywhere, it simply is experienced in another place. In in-person treatment, i start a process, but it simply is expereinced in another locality, namely within the person being treated.

this is not me saying everything is everywhere at once. All cars aren't outside my door, i don't think. In a process i start though, i feel this could come into play.

2b. I put another point in here. Hatsurei ho.

I've wondered for over a year why we're taught not to try to move Reiki during treatments, yet it seems we move things in Hatsurei ho.

I don't regard myself as moving anything in Hatsurei ho now. Colin said something before, which has been expanded upon thankfully with another. in that perhaps we're merely becoming aware of what is already there, in Joishin Kokyu ho & Seishin toitsu. By that i mean, (what some term as 'Reiki') as in my divine spark, is all around me at all times (also why protection other protection isn't needed). In Hatusrei ho i simply slow myself down mindfully, to be aware of this at any one given place.

milarepa wrote:3. How, what we recoqnise, and perceive within Reiki, is crucial to the way we expereince Reiki.

Bruce made a valid point. On the micro level, it's been shown we can affect things with our thoughts. It hasn't been shown we obviously can at the macro level.

Though, what is it being altered at the micro level? Some of the most minute aspects of reality. It's theroectically possibly then, that we can alter things on the macro level. What would dictate such a change? One person? Unlikely maybe. As Bruce said, it would take a lot of energy.

How about 6 1/2 billion peoples collective thoughts on reality? There's a growing body of people that are saying our collective consciousness is shaping our reality.

In August of 2003, Scientific American published an issue posing the question "ARE YOU A HOLOGRAM? (Quantum physics says the entire universe might be)." In a fascinating article, Information in the Holographic Universe, Dr. Jacob D. Bekenstein discusses some of the unusual features of modern information and holographic theory, and the physics of black holes. The holographic principle is being proposed as the possible Holy Grail of physics—providing an approach to quantum gravity theory which reconciles quantum field theory and quantum loop theory, as well as string theory and M-theory. (Smolin, 2001)

Source: http://www.zeropoint.ca/GSSD-4-7UniHologram.html

If anyone wants to get involved in a sceintific experiement worldwide, check out the latest link posted in the realted sites section, it's exactly about this. It's called Global Coherence Initiative.

Anyhow, if one perceives Reiki in a simplistic, energetic way, that's what they'll expereince. If one looks for deeper meanings, and percieves Reiki is a deeper way, such as experiencing God, or the creative force, then that's what they'll expereince. Smile

milarepa wrote:
    4. Perhaps most important of all, Quantum physics helps support where Reiki actually comes from, and why it can come from there.

This is the crux of the whole thing. And there's a huge following on this, religious and now in Quantum Physics. Zero point field.

Dr. Kelvin was one of the physicists who worked in thermodynamics. He created a new temperature scale that went to zero of nothingness. Physicists called it 'zero of nothingness'. Kinda like death.

Only, it was full of life. Sub-atomic particles rise & fall outta existence in mini microseconds. Since according to the law of thermodynamics there is no life at 0 degrees Kelvin, ther emust be something wrong with the laws of thermodynamics. We can then incidentally challenge the 2nd, law of entrohpy.

The zero point is mentioned (albeit in maybe other terms) by HP Plavatsky, esoteric Judaism, Gnostic Christianity, Sufism, they all allude to this. THe Zero point is the point from which life comes, and reality. Some people call it God. In fact, the term zero point was first used by HP Blavatksy in 1888. It's maybe worth noting, Einstein always kept a copy of her work 'The SEcret Doctrine' on his desk.

the Kingdom of God is within you (Luke 17:21)

... space-time came into existence by being squeezed out of a point....
    a space-time structure (is created) out of a single point!
    With this interpretation of space-time, certain paradoxes of nonlocality
    which require super-luminal speeds are no longer paradoxes.
    The reason is that everything is always connected because
    everything is really part of the same point."
    (physicist J. Dea writing about The Secret Doctrine, 1984, p.91)

"In Jesus, the Christ or Central Spark which is God in us all, living in everybody today, was drawn forth to show itself perfectly ruling the material body or flesh man. It is in this way that He did all His mighty works, not because He was in some way different from you. ... He did these works because this same Divine Spark, which the father has implanted in every child, was fanned into a brighter flame by His own efforts in holding Himself in conscious communion with God Himself, the source of all Life, Love and Power."
    Baird T. Spalding, Life & Teaching of the Masters of the Far East. (V1, p.122)

“The Universe is worked and guided from within outwards.
    As above so it is below, as in heaven so on earth;
    and man-the microcosm and miniature copy of the macrocosm-
    is the living witness to this Universal Law and to the mode of its action.”
    (H. Blavatsky, 1888, p. 274)

This zero point, which cutting edge quantum physics is looking at, is within us all, and is the point at which all things are possible. It closely resembles the spiritual 'void'. And it's what i beleive is meant by that 'spark of divinity' within us all. As i regard my spark of divinity being accessed in Reiki, i'm heavily infleenced by above quotes, and it makes me also say that zero point within us all is the same thing.

If we really are accesing our zero point, all known 'laws' may really prove useless, by very definition of what we're accessing. I know i including non-physics stuff in here, it was essential for me to lead to what i'm suggesting, and others do, that zero point is, Smile.

To me, this helps explain where 'Reiki' comes from, it's a drawing of many different paths and disciplines, that seem to be saying the same thing, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sun May 17, 2009 11:18 pm

To start with one item that Wayne and Pandora mentioned, distant healing. If you're saying that quantum physics can explain it but classical physics can't? Uh, classical physics can explain transmission of radio signals long-distance. Why would you have to resort to quantum physics to discuss distant healing?

I suspect (but can't rigorously prove) that in distant healing, the earth's magnetic field is used as a carrier for communication between the healer's field and the recipient's. With the result being entrainment of the recipient's field to that of the healer, and both of 'em entrained to the earth's magnetic field (which is probably what occurs more directly in hands-on healing.)

The frequency of the oscillation of the magnetic field of healers' hands, when they're doing their thing, sweeps up and down but tends to center around the Schumann resonance frequency (changes in the earth's magnetic field), which was mentioned on another thread. That still doesn't explain (in either classical or quantum physics) how the healer's intent would enable the healer to make use of the earth's magnetic field. But note that merely saying "quantum" doesn't resolve the gap in explanation.

Now, if a reiki practitioner on earth successfully treated someone on Mars, then that would rule out the role of the earth's magnetic field that I suggested above. I guess that placing either the healer or the recipient in a Faraday cage would do the same thing.

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun May 17, 2009 11:37 pm

Bruce wrote:To start with one item that Wayne and Pandora mentioned, distant healing. If you're saying that quantum physics can explain it but classical physics can't? Uh, classical physics can explain transmission of radio signals long-distance. Why would you have to resort to quantum physics to discuss distant healing?

I wasn't sure if classical physics could explain it. I'm most definitely only a layman where physics is concerned, Smile.

Looking ahead in your post, if we're speaking of physics, you yourself wrote that classical & quantum physics still doesn't exlplain how intent woudl let one use the earths magnetic field as a carrier. So really, to answer your question, 'resorting' to quantum physics (not that it's going backward in knowledge, hehe) is as valid as resorting to classical physics.

I guess what makes quantum physics exciting is that it opens up new alternative ideas, and in many ways challenges standard ones. The zero point field, if it exists, would be a very plausible explanation for distance healing.

Bruce wrote:
    I suspect (but can't rigorously prove) that in distant healing, the earth's magnetic field is used as a carrier for communication between the healer's field and the recipient's. With the result being entrainment of the recipient's field to that of the healer, and both of 'em entrained to the earth's magnetic field (which is probably what occurs more directly in hands-on healing.)

The frequency of the oscillation of the magnetic field of healers' hands, when they're doing their thing, sweeps up and down but tends to center around the Schumann resonance frequency (changes in the earth's magnetic field), which was mentioned on another thread.

Kind aside...

Any input on what many are saying, that the Earth's magnetic field is currently at it's lowest for many years, and we might be on course for a polar reversal? And, in conjunction the Shumann resonance is being said by many to be increasing from the average of 7.83 Hz in the 1980's to over 11 Hz now?

Any idea of the effect this would have on Reiki, if your own theory is valid?

Bruce wrote:
    That still doesn't explain (in either classical or quantum physics) how the healer's intent would enable the healer to make use of the earth's magnetic field. But note that merely saying "quantum" doesn't resolve the gap in explanation.

That's if, the healer is somehow making use of the earth magnetic field. whether it's the earth's magnetic field, or zero point field, my own point was that there is first of all not empty space, or even 'air' in-between us. That there is something that is ultimately related to us, connected, so to speak.

Take care
    Wayne
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sun May 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Wayne,

It's gratifying to see that you've retained the quote from the gospel according to Luke that I pointed out on the previous message board incarnation; heh.

You're mentioning zero-point energy. The first big question is, can it be accessed so that we can do stuff with it? The second big question is, if the answer to the first big question is "yes," then should we do it?

Physicists are now saying that because energy is quantized (on the order of magnitude of Planck's constant), absolute zero temperature doesn't mean an absence of energy. Summing up the many very small bits of this base line of energy gives a large (LARGE) reservoir. My first question above asks whether that reservoir can be tapped. Honestly, nobody knows.

My second question above involves a practical sort of caution. Some physicists estimate that the amount of zero-point energy in the volume of a coffee mug is enough to boil all the oceans of the earth. I say that if we try to use the stuff, we'd first better be sure that we can do it safely.

Bruce
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sun May 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Milarepa wrote:Looking ahead in your post, if we're speaking of physics, you yourself wrote that classical & quantum physics still doesn't exlplain how intent woudl let one use the earths magnetic field as a carrier. So really, to answer your question, 'resorting' to quantum physics (not that it's going backward in knowledge, hehe) is as valid as resorting to classical physics.

My point was that some people talk about quantum physics as if it explains such things, but it doesn't.

Any input on what many are saying, that the Earth's magnetic field is currently at it's lowest for many years, and we might be on course for a polar reversal? And, in conjunction the Shumann resonance is being said by many to be increasing from the average of 7.83 Hz in the 1980's to over 11 Hz now?

1. Yes, it looks as if the intensity of the earth's magnetic field is decreasing and that we're heading toward one of the periodic flip-flops of the magnetic poles.

2. No, the frequency of the earth's magnetic field isn't increasing.

Any idea of the effect this would have on Reiki, if your own theory is valid?

I don't know. I'd guess that reiki might become "stronger" after the earth's magnetic field once again becomes more intense.

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun May 17, 2009 11:53 pm

Bruce wrote:

It's gratifying to see that you've retained the quote from the gospel according to Luke that I pointed out on the previous message board incarnation; heh

Yeah, hehe, i actually thought of you earlier when i wrote it. Also, hehe, i hoped i wouldn't get into a physics debate with someone with a physics background! Hence you coming into my thoughts a second time!

Bruce wrote:
    You're mentioning zero-point energy. The first big question is, can it be accessed so that we can do stuff with it? The second big question is, if the answer to the first big question is "yes," then should we do it?

Physicists are now saying that because energy is quantized (on the order of magnitude of Planck's constant), absolute zero temperature doesn't mean an absence of energy. Summing up the many very small bits of this base line of energy gives a large (LARGE) reservoir. My first question above asks whether that reservoir can be tapped. Honestly, nobody knows.

These are really good points, many thanks for that!

Bruce wrote:
    My second question above involves a practical sort of caution. Some physicists estimate that the amount of zero-point energy in the volume of a coffee mug is enough to boil all the oceans of the earth. I say that if we try to use the stuff, we'd first better be sure that we can do it safely.

Bruce

Yeah, i read this also. Totally agree with you on this. Let's say, just for a sec, we were accessing zero point in Reiki. Your above quote still stands obviously. It might put things within Reiki, in a slightly different light. Things such as 'Reiki can do no harm'. I know your views on that also, i share them too, admittedely we've never explored it in this way before.

The potential idea automatically heaps a lot of responsibility on one.

It might boil down to, in part, if Reiki does access our divine spark, and our divine spark is zero point, then in what way is Reiki actually accessing it. If we really understood that, we'd be better able to see just how safe it is. After all, an absense of something not happening, does not mean it would never happen. Safety wise.

I apprectiate this new train of thought you've provided.

Take care
    Wayne
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon May 18, 2009 12:00 am

Bruce wrote:
    2. No, the frequency of the earth's magnetic field isn't increasing.

I've been watching a lot of Gregg Braden's stuff, dunno if you're familiar with him. Him and some others say this. That was in 1998. I was looking as late as last night on th einterent for independant confirmation of this, although i only looked feetlingly, i couldn't find much.

Kinda aside, Gregg and others state that humans are actually moving from 2 strand dna to 12 strand. i've thought that if that is happening, surely genetisists will be reporting it. Us currently moving through the photon belt was one of the things mentioned. That, and the alignment with the centre of the milky way in 2012, and all that.

take care
    Wayne
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon May 18, 2009 12:35 am

For anyone interested, a synopsis of Lynne McTaggart's 'The Field'..

http://twm.co.nz/McTag_field.htm
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed May 20, 2009 10:33 pm

Quantum Physics & Reiki

The field of quantum physics suggests that Reiki may be much more scientific than anyone knows right now. There are quantum physicists who are on the same page as Reiki when it comes to new theories about energy and matter. We need to continue exploring quantum physics regarding how the divine can be viewed as an essential part of the mind-body-spirit connection. It is possible that Reiki therapy may be one of many avenues to travel in this regard.

French physicist Bernard d'Espagnat was awarded the 2009 Templeton Prize, a coveted religion award honoring someone who has made exceptional contributions to affirming life's spiritual dimension through insight, discovery or practical works. D'Espagnat has theorized that quantum physics could provide insights into alternate spiritual realities and has been quoted as saying that recent discoveries may be "signs providing us with some perhaps not entirely misleading glimpses of a higher reality and, therefore, that higher forms of spirituality are fully compatible with what seems to emerge from contemporary physics."

For many thousands of years healing through “laying on of hands” have been practiced by different cultures around the world. Even today, when we hurt or feel pain in some part of our bodies, the conditioned response is to touch or hold the location in an attempt to alleviate the pain. For many years we have researched the science behind it, and we found answers not in religion or spirituality, but in Quantum Physics. The so-called “healing energy” actually exists and has been measured in laboratories.

Serious laboratory studies around the world have concluded that each and every living creature posses a measurable electro-magnetic energy field around their bodies. It was also discovered that changes in the electric charges of the cells contributed to ALL processes happening in the physical body.

Each cell is dependent on light (biophotons) to function properly, and an imbalance in the electrical cellular activity (incoherent exchange) can cause havoc and consequently imbalances on the individual’s mental, emotional and physical fields.

Researchers have concluded that a “hands-on” healing practitioner is able to transfer some amount of subatomic electro-magnetic energy (photon transmission) to the person being treated, and this energy is absorbed by the receptor and restores cellular frequencies, bringing coherence in the exchange of light between the cells.

Source: www.violetrosereiki.com
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Quantum Mechanics & Reiki Empty THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX:

Post by Milarepa Sat May 23, 2009 9:18 am

Some excerpts... and correlation with absent healing, etc?

Quantum entanglement is a possible property of a quantum mechanical state of a system of two or more objects in which the quantum states of the constituting objects are linked together so that one object can no longer be adequately described without full mention of its counterpart — even though the individual objects may be spatially separated. This interconnection leads to non-classical correlations between observable physical properties of remote systems, often referred to as nonlocal correlations.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX:
    THE ESSENCE AND IMPLICATIONS
    OF QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT
    10/ 01/ 2005
    Huping Hu1 and Maoxin Wu

ABSTRACT

Many experiments have shown that quantum entanglement is physically real. In this
    paper, we will discuss its ontological origin, implications and applications by thinking
    outside the standard interpretations of quantum mechanics...

...3. Implications of Quantum Entanglement

It is often said that instantaneous signaling through quantum entanglement is
    impossible because of Eberhard’s theorem that basically says that since local measurements
    always produce random results no information can be sent through quantum entanglement
    alone (Eberhard, 1978). However, there are at least two ways to circumvent this
    impossibility. The first is to assume that the statistical distribution can be modified and
    utilized to transmit information. Quite a few authors have expressed this view (Josephson,
    1991; Stapp, 1982 & Walker, 1974) especially when discussing the roles of consciousness
    in parapsychology such as telepathy. The second is to assume that each quantum entity can
    directly sense and utilize quantum entanglement as already mentioned before.
    This latter
    view is the view we subscribe to and it is permissible in the Bohmian picture (Bohm &
    Hiley, 1993).
    The implication of the second view is far-reaching. It means that quantum
    entanglement can influence chemical and biochemical reactions and other physical
    processes.
    Thus, it plays vital roles in many biological processes and consciousness and is
    the genuine cause of many anomalous effects, if they do exist, in parapsychology,
    alternative medicine and other fields as some authors have already suspected in some case.
    It can affect the micro- and macroscopic properties of all forms of matters such solid and
    liquid...

...Similarly, the therapeutic effect of a homeopathic remedy, if it truly exists beyond and
    above the placebo effect, can be explained as the entanglement of the substances being
    diluted out of existence through vigorous shaking/stirring with the diluting solvent and then
    the subsequent entanglement of the solvent with the quantum entities involved in the
    diseased biological and/or physiological processes and the effect of such entanglement on
    the latter processes. Indeed, there are reports in the existing literature exploring the use of
    generalized entanglement to explain the therapeutic ingredient in a homeopathic remedy
    (See, e.g., Milgrom, 2002; Wallach, 2000 & Weingärtner, 2003).
    Further, many other unconventional healing effects reported in alternative medicine
    such as Qi Gong and other types of bioenergy healing, if they are genuine, can be explained
    as the results of quantum entanglement between the quantum entities involved in the
    diseased processes and the quantum entities in the healing sources, such as a healthy
    biological entity, and the effect of the former on the latter processes...

source: http://www.quantumbrain.org/Entanglement.pdf

Bold script is mine.

Take care
    Wayne
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sat May 23, 2009 2:56 pm

Wayne,

I still think that by invoking the idea of quantum entaglement, you're using a more complex explanation where a simpler one will do. Occam's razor . . . .

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat May 23, 2009 6:10 pm

Bruce, you're going to realise, that when humanity attempts to look deep into the nature of their accepted reality, it's when further voyages of discovery ensue. Occam's razor is flawed in a way, in this regard.

The main objection to Occam's reasoning is that although each alternative is infinitely unlikely, there is an infinite number of these alternatives. There is thus still a finite probability that, taken as a whole, they will be correct. This is a long-winded way of saying that it must be stressed that although Occam's Razor can provide evidence for one interpretation, it never constitutes proof that the simpler explanation is the correct one.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A21648783

If we apply it, there's the possibility of missing out on evolutionary knowledge, imo. i've a quote from Einstein that relates to this i feel..

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

In the spirit of which..

As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.

Max Planck

Max has made simple quite a lot of information here.

We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up to now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.
    The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics (1931)

I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.
    The Observer (January 25th, 1931)

If Max is correct here, for sure, the simplest explantion then would be that reality (as we know it) may be a construct of our consciousness. ANd, if that is true, there's a heck of a lot of assumptions about reality need to be looked at.

For instance, out of all the forces in existence, how come gravity is so weak? I mean, we're sitting on this huge earth, yet we have the strenght to defy gravity (albeit for a short time). I think a harvard professor actually tried to explain this. The only answer that answered this sufficientelyl was the multiple universe theory. In fact, it answered lots of problems in physics. I can't remember her name. Though her formula made the multiple universe thing fashionable again.

I know this is not what i'm speaking of, i'm using this info to show that whatever is currently accepted, no matter how simply, or likely, isn't neccessarily the way things really are, Smile.

The ehancement of supersting theory, to M theory, if it's true, is an example.

Take care
    Wayne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:42 pm