Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

How to have more powerful reiki sessions?

EnergyHealer97
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

How to have more powerful reiki sessions? Empty How to have more powerful reiki sessions?

Post by EnergyHealer97 Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:21 pm

Hello. I am new here but not to reiki. I am a level one practitioner and have been for a few years. I had a very very intense reiki healing a couple months ago that induced a kundalini awakening. I was in a deep trance state and totally lost my concept of time. I was just endlessly sending out reiki energy. I could feel the energy coming in through my crown chakra and through my arms and out of my hands. My question is, how can I achieve a deeper reiki session again where I can feel the energy flowing in through my head? How can I become more sensitive to reiki energy other than meditating more (I have been meditating at least twice daily) or getting a second attunement (I plan on getting my second attunement but do not have the cash right now). Also how can I become more sensitive to feeling it in my hands? Thanks
    Frank
    Frank

How to have more powerful reiki sessions? Empty Re: How to have more powerful reiki sessions?

Post by Frank Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:09 am

Hi EnergyHealer97,

It is great to read you had such a positive experience!

I can imagine you wanting to experience it again. It is unclear to me if you were receiving or giving a treatment in the situation you just described.
    The idea behind a treatment is that it gives the receiver what he/she needs at that specific moment. This means every treatment is different. It also depends a bit on the giver, his/her spiritual state and the energy he/she can give.
    In the best treatments the giver is as ego-less as he or she can be at that moment on his/her spiritual path, he/she does not try to influence the treatment. When you are as open as you can be, when your mind is free, with less and less boundaries/preconceptions/attachments/etc., the most wondrous things can happen. At least, that's my own experience.

I believe that if you want to experience something similar, your mind needs to be free and open.
    When you have expectations and when you really want something, your mind tends to become too focused and therefore less open and less free (and possibly attached to an idea, goal etc). This limits the possible outcomes.

The best experiences come when you least expect it. Because at these moments your mind is more open.

EnergyHealer97 wrote:I was in a deep trance state and totally lost my concept of time. I was just endlessly sending out reiki energy. I could feel the energy coming in through my crown chakra and through my arms and out of my hands.

This sounds very familiar to me.
    If you would like to experience a similar state you might want to meditate to a point where you are deeply relaxed, when your mind is as free and open as it can be (for you, at this stage in your own spiritual development). When you've reached that state 'just' invite Reiki to flow through you. Just observe what happens. Don't judge, try not to expect anything (the more you expect, or the more attached you are to a certain outcome, the more limited your experience might be).

Just sit like that for a few minutes (up to 15 or 20 minutes, or longer if you feel it should be longer).

You could also invite or ask for that deep trance state. (If you would do that I'd advice you to meditate as described above, to invite Reiki to flow through you and after a few minutes to ask if you may enter that deep trance state).

The trick is to ask or invite in a free and open state of mind, without attachment. That's the best way I know of. It becomes a lot harder when you can't break free of attachments. Letting go of attachments can be difficult as well. Once you can do that, it becomes a lot easier to enter several states of mind.

EnergyHealer97 wrote:How can I become more sensitive to reiki energy other than meditating more (I have been meditating at least twice daily) or getting a second attunement (I plan on getting my second attunement but do not have the cash right now). Also how can I become more sensitive to feeling it in my hands?

Especially by practising, practising and practising.
    The more you work with energy (treatments, energy meditations, playing with energy), the more sensitive you -might- become. There are no guarantees of course, but working with energy is the most likely way of becoming more sensitive.

You can also try to feel the energy fields of plants and gemstones/minerals. You might develop your sensitivity the more you try and do this.

Do you use scanning techniques when giving treatments? That might be a good idea to do as well.

Sensing energy is a skill like any other. If you practise a lot it is likely you become better at it. However, it also depends on individual talent or predisposition.
    Everyone can learn to play the piano and with more practise you are likely to become better, yet not everyone will become a Mozart. Some people need to spend a lot of time practising to reach a certain level of competence while others need to spend only half of that time to reach the same level.

You already meditate twice a day. That is great!

I hope this helps at least a bit.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    EnergyHealer97
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

How to have more powerful reiki sessions? Empty Re: How to have more powerful reiki sessions?

Post by EnergyHealer97 Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:56 am

Thanks for such the long and well thought out answer. And I do not use scanning techniques. I would assume that would be moving your hands over each chakra and feeling where a blockage is? My teacher didnt seem to mention anything of that nature other than to feel where you think the energy is needed (even tho reiki will go where it is needed). And I was giving and receiving reiki because I was not in a very good mental state at all, but my mind was incredibly free at the time, so much so that I was having trouble distinguishing reality from fantasy. I was having paranoid delusions and hallucinations. Then I started doing reiki and it all stopped. I felt so at peace and infinite. And thanks for the advice on inviting and asking for the trance state, I will try it. Maybe all I need to do is ask for a little more help from the universe. Peace, Owen
    Tiffany Hunter
    Tiffany Hunter

Post by Tiffany Hunter Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:39 am

Hi EnergyHealer97, I am also new to the forum. Nice to "meet" you.

I was moved by your experience and feel the question Frank asked you was particularly relevant....if you were giving or receiving during the experience you asked about. That ambiguity is at the heart of so much, I feel. When we give Reiki, we are the active person in the room. We are the conduit of the energy flowing to the receiver.  For this reason, going into a meditative state is unnecessary. There are other healing vibrations that require the mind to be in a particular brain wave state to be effective, but one of the strengths of Reiki is that it does not. Just one of the reasons it's so accessible. While it will not diminish what you do, going into one may rob you of your fullest experience as the giver and the experience you need to further develop. By remaining the active presence in the room you can fully experience the effect Reiki is having, what and where it is changing the energy of the receiver. This is where so much learning can come from, including the increase in energy sensitivity. Tracking the Reiki, understanding how your position and all kinds of things changes what you're doing. Staying engaged and present, active and fully responsible while at the same time never making yourself important, or working from a place of identity - that is where I believe and have seen the fullest healing emerge.

On the flip side, when we are giving it to ourselves, or receiving from another, we are the passive presence in the room. And in those moments giving over to the fullest release and experience of our own energy is appropriate and welcome. Exploring all those nooks and crannies that Reiki is showing us who we are and allowing it relax us so more of us can come 'online'. So that's why I feel Frank's question is so important for you. Because the answer depends very much on which you are - the giver or the receiver.

Warm thoughts, - Tiffany

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:23 am