Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
Pachamama
Godiva
raven
Dragonfly
8 posters

A Response to the Bishops' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

A Response to the Bishops' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand Empty A Response to the Bishops'' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand

Post by Dragonfly Wed May 20, 2009 12:16 pm

raven
    raven
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

A Response to the Bishops' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand Empty thank goodness that this came out - a very good read

Post by raven Tue May 26, 2009 12:11 pm

thank you for posting this response - hope more read this and maybe some progress and clarification may result from the catholic bishops - if we all ckr to the world's catholic bishops - a 'clearing' of the 'air' may result - hhmmmm - just a thought for truth I love you
    Godiva
    Godiva

A Response to the Bishops' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand Empty Re: A Response to the Bishops' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand

Post by Godiva Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:16 am

I like this website as an antidote:

http://www.christianreiki.org/index.htm

which also has the response by William Lee Rand as well as the website editor's response.
    Pachamama

A Response to the Bishops' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand Empty Re: A Response to the Bishops' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand

Post by Pachamama Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:28 am

Reiki for Christians......what an interesting read! I love you

recently I have experienced some ridiculous prejudice about Reiki, from our local Christian quarter!!....I tried explaining that Reiki is a Universal Spiritual energy which embraces all colour creed and religions..... But this little old dear was adamant that only the Christian way was the right way and that only true healing can occur through Jesus Christ her saviour....I tried to explain that some little old dear born and raised in a Muslim country might express the exact same dogmatic views about her own faith......I tried to explain that Reiki is Spiritual, open to all, embraces all and can be accessed by all......and that 'god' is innate to every single man woman child and living thing on this great earth.....she was having none of it and said her way was the right way....

what can you do?..... I've been facing a lot of this lately!.....crazy!

so its really refreshing to see that some Christians are embraces the spiritual beauty of Reiki.... I love you
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:56 am

it's true that muslims find difficulty with Reiki. Particulary when folks promote reiki in a buddhist way. a thing i debated a little with Frans & Bronwen Steines about, re: their system. If the religious aspect is took out however, and the spiritual aspect remains in Islam it is permitted. In fact Islam teaches there are other ways for spiritual experiences. Salman knows more bout this. It has been spoke about before on here.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Milarepa wrote:it's true that muslims find difficulty with Reiki. Particulary when folks promote reiki in a buddhist way. a thing i debated a little with Frans & Bronwen Steines about, re: their system. If the religious aspect is took out however, and the spiritual aspect remains in Islam it is permitted. In fact Islam teaches there are other ways for spiritual experiences. Salman knows more bout this. It has been spoke about before on here.

The Reiki system offers much insight
    into the vast ULFE. I never joined
    any organized Reiki groups. I prefer
    to practice "Reiki" as ULFE a natural
    healing system that Usui named "Reiki" sunny
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Pope John Paul II gives with all his heart, the Apostolical Blessing to the Grandmaster of Reiki, Sister Mariusza Jadwiga Bugaj
    A Response to the Bishops' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand 850837

www.reikilinetour2009.com/poland-history.html
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:30 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Pope John Paul II gives with all his heart, the Apostolical Blessing to the Grandmaster of Reiki, Sister Mariusza Jadwiga Bugaj
    A Response to the Bishops' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand 850837

www.reikilinetour2009.com/poland-history.html

...and how lovely to see a letter from Hawayo Takata to Wanja Twan! I wonder if Takata ever made it to Israel and Egypt as she said she hoped to (if there was no war!)?

Smile
    Godiva
    Godiva

Post by Godiva Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:48 am

Very interesting!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:10 am

Godiva wrote:Very interesting!

It would appear to me that "Reiki"
    being a natural healing system,
    would be embraced by all religious
    groups. scratch flower A Response to the Bishops' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand 78411 sunny
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:19 pm

chi_solas wrote:

groups. scratch flower A Response to the Bishops' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand 78411 sunny

I would agree with your expectation Bridget, yet it`s not that way.

Through business, I met a very nice gentlemen that I now work side by side with. His son is a Christian spiritual healer. We engaged in a spiritual talk, when I told him I was a Reiki master, he said "I knew there was something different about you." He then began to educate me regarding the perils of "worshiping false gods." It would appear that the church is very sure of the identity of the spirit or spirits that heal others through them....Personally, i would like to see some I.D., a badge or identity card might be good. I know my statement is sarcastic and silly, yet I cannot see the difference between us and them. We try and accomplish the same goals in a similar manner...divisiveness... we need less of it, as the world becomes a smaller place.

My co-worker is a dedicated and wonderful human being. He lives his christian values, is kind and generous, and I can see the light shine from him. He accepts me as a child of god, his brother, and yet, I know he will make an attempt to convert me at some point. His beliefs work so well in his life, he wants me to share in the happiness that god has brought him. I love him for that...

Smile

Jim

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:34 am

[quote="Reikijim"]
    chi_solas wrote:

I would agree with your expectation Bridget, yet it`s not that way.
    I know over the years I'v learned
    to let go of organized religion A Response to the Bishops' Statement on Reiki from William Lee Rand 850837

Through business, I met a very nice gentlemen that I now work side by side with. His son is a Christian spiritual healer. We engaged in a spiritual talk, when I told him I was a Reiki master, he said "I knew there was something different about you." He then began to educate me regarding the perils of "worshiping false gods."

They shalt not have false God's before me. farao
    My Reiki teacher herself was a church
    going member and taught me that Reiki
    was not religious. Her minister allowed
    us to have a Healing presentation in their
    church hall. I would assume it was a good
    introduction for him to understand what
    this Reiki stuff was all about. study

It would appear that the church is very sure of the identity of the spirit or spirits that heal others through them....Personally, i would like to see some I.D., a badge or identity card might be good. I know my statement is sarcastic and silly, yet I cannot see the difference between us and them. We try and accomplish the same goals in a similar manner...divisiveness... we need less of it, as the world becomes a smaller place.

True, I agree bounce

My co-worker is a dedicated and wonderful human being. He lives his christian values, is kind and generous, and I can see the light shine from him. He accepts me as a child of god, his brother, and yet, I know he will make an attempt to convert me at some point. His beliefs work so well in his life, he wants me to share in the happiness that god has brought him. I love him for that...
    Smile

In time we all find what works for us.
    It's a challenge to unlearn old beliefs
    and re-learn new ones. If as a child
    we were taught that the color white was
    black and that black was white, we would
    always identify those colors as such. I
    was born in Ireland and am now an American
    citizen....however folks back home think
    of me as a "YANK" In America when I speak
    folks identify me as Irish. I see that as a
    limbo issue. We are all humans trying to
    find the right path bounce sunny ~ Bridget

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:33 pm