Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Stranger Danger

reiki mama
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Stranger Danger Empty Stranger Danger

Post by reiki mama Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:14 am

Hi everyone!
    I do not have the space needed at home for clients, and renting an office is not an option at this time. But I can travel to their home. I am interested in hearing from others, how to keep safe when visiting a new client? ...uh, background check before the visit? :p and what to say to someone who wants to hire you, but there's something that just seems off about this person? Can't exactly say, "Uh, sorry I would love to give your pet reiki, but my pendulum has just confirmed that you keep knives and duck tape in your apt."
    Shocked
    Perhaps, just take on other mommies, their kids and cats for now?, What are your thoughts and experiences?

Namaste,
    Reiki Mama
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Stranger Danger Empty Re: Stranger Danger

Post by chi_solas Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:46 pm

reiki mama wrote:Hi everyone!
    I do not have the space needed at home for clients, and renting an office is not an option at this time. But I can travel to their home. I am interested in hearing from others, how to keep safe when visiting a new client? ...uh, background check before the visit? :p and what to say to someone who wants to hire you, but there's something that just seems off about this person? Can't exactly say, "Uh, sorry I would love to give your pet reiki, but my pendulum has just confirmed that you keep knives and duck tape in your apt."
    Shocked
    Perhaps, just take on other mommies, their kids and cats for now?, What are your thoughts and experiences?

Namaste,
    Reiki Mama
    Reiki Mama, For a start you 
    are aware that danger is
    possible. Using your intuition
    will always keep you safe. flower

When I was starting out  I
    volunteered my services in
    nursing homes, hospitals, &
    women's centers.  That can 
    help you establish yourself 
    while getting experience in 
    your local area. It will also 
    give you an opportunity to
    reach out by giving out your 
    Reiki pamphlet with services 
    offered and cost for sessions. sunny
    jeniray
    jeniray

Post by jeniray Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:07 am

Hi Reiki Mama
    As chi_solas says - use your intuition. I always chat with people on phone before meeting them - gives my intuition a chance to work them out. Also, tell a friend who you're with, where and when and arrange a phone-in time. If you don't phone-in, your friend can then call the police.
    This experience may cause you to smile... I received an email enquiry from a Saudi Arabian man, attending a Security Conference in the UK. He wanted to know if I could initiate him to Reiki, in his hotel room. Needless to say, I was a little hesitant! Intuition said yes, so I gave a friend: the man's email address, phone number, facebook id and photo and arranged a phone-in time. I arrived early and let hotel reception know what room I was in. We did the initiation over three days and each day he bought me lunch and paid all my travel costs. On the last day we had dinner with a member of the Embassy.
    Maybe start with moms and cats and work your way up to strange men in hotel rooms Laughing
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:16 am

I agree with all that's been said. ALWAYS inform someone you love and trust of your exact whereabouts. When you arrive at a clients home make a point of letting them know that you are checking in with your trusted family member or friend that you have arrived safely and what time you will be leaving and that you will let them know the time you set off etc. and make a point of stating the name and address of the client, so that they are well aware that someone else knows your exact whereabouts. Also you could take a friend along with you who might be happy to wait in the car and have a read for an hour or so. And if you get to a destination and at all feel uncomfortable, make your excuses and leave. Just because someone has asked for your services doesn't mean you have to offer them. ALWAYS apply discernment. If in doubt, leave it out!!

And the same goes for treating clients in your own home or therapy room etc. Lone therapists are in a vulnerable position and can easily become targets for some of the more unscrupulous and dodgy minded folk out there. Use your common sense. When we first opened the holistic centre, my partner in the centre had a client coming for a massage and she wasn't quite sure of the vibe she was picking up from him on the phone. So she asked if I would just wait in reception while she did her treatment. Turns out he was really lovely... Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:10 am