Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

successful integration of reflexology?

Erik Jögimar
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

successful integration of reflexology? Empty successful integration of reflexology?

Post by Erik Jögimar Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:46 am

Has anyone made any successful integration of reflexology with their reiki
    practice? What were your experiences? I found a couple of articles over
    at docstoc with reflexology charts, and am curious how it would work
    with reiki. Would reiki the specific spot be benefical, or would physical
    pressure be required? I'm asking due to the current swedish law which very
    strongly forbids any non-authorized massuse to give any kind of massage,
    and pressing like that even on spots like that would be considered massage.

Kindly,

Erik
    JohnC
    JohnC

successful integration of reflexology? Empty Re: successful integration of reflexology?

Post by JohnC Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:53 am

Hi Erik,

I'm a recently qualified reflexologist, and for me integrating reflexology with Reiki would be problematic - although it's not impossible.

The use of (variable) pressure in reflexology is a key to the modality. The foot has been mapped to the body, and pressure on the foot effectively stimulates the "reflex" zones in the body that relate to that area of the foot. If you're not going to stimulate with physical pressure then I doubt it would be recognised as reflexology.

Physically, reflexology pressure can result in the breaking up of grains or crystals that can sometimes be felt in the foot and often correspond to issues in the corrsponding zones of the body.

There's no doubt that reflexology works on an energetic aswell as a physical level, but physical pressure is key to the technique. Reflexology actually developed from zone therapy - a technique created by Dr William Fitzgerald which was very clearly based on physical pressure (clamps, etc...)

But sure, why don't you give it a try... it isn't reflexology, but you might be on to something.

You might be interested that the feet are not unique in being mapped to the body. There are also the hands (hence hand reflexology) and the ears, and the iris (iridology).

John
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

successful integration of reflexology? Empty Re: successful integration of reflexology?

Post by Pandora Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:31 pm

Hiya

It wasn't until I'd qualified in reflexology that I came to understand that it's actually an energy-based therapy. There's a book by someone called Cross which goes into it in more detail. Later this pm I'll give you the reference.
    JohnC
    JohnC

Post by JohnC Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:22 am

Pandora wrote:Hiya
    ...reflexology..it's actually an energy-based therapy.

As are all forms of massage too...
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:54 am

I'm qualified in Reflexology......and whilst training I had flashbacks of some of my earliest healing experiences with spiritual healers....... A lovely lady called Gretchen Stevens was one of the first people I received healing from and as well as touching me gently on various parts of my body she also placed her hands and fingertips very gently on a couple of different places on the soles of my feet....the connection only struck me when i was learning reflexology..... Gretchen wasn't qualified in reflexology, clearly she just new intuitively to 'touch' certain points on the soles of my feet....
    kiki da bei
    kiki da bei
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by kiki da bei Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:36 am

Although it is not exactly the same thing, when I lived in China I studied a system of qigong involving acupressure points and the passing of qi energy from the fingertips into the points on the body. Like I said, it isn't exactly the same as Reiki and Reflexology, but perhaps involves similar themes.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:11 pm

doesnt all healing and energy work involve similar themes?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:01 am