Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Milarepa
vijaybali
6 posters

What is Enlightenment

vijaybali
    vijaybali

What is Enlightenment Empty What is Enlightenment

Post by vijaybali Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:06 am

Hai friends,

In the ancient sense, Enlightenment is described merely as liberation from suffering. If you consider that suffering arises from ignorance-that it is in the perception of the fact rather than the fact itself, it is easy to see the connection. It is very easy to see Enlightenment (Illumination) and Ignorance (Darkness) as opposite ends of the same spectrum..

Enlightenment can be spoken about in 3 levels, although the enlightenment experience varies greatly. At the first level it is experiencing or perception of reality as it is. You could say that reality unveils itself to you. The Mind no longer interfers with the experience. Today when you are looking at the world; you are not actually seeing it. What is happening within is a lot of chatter. There is interference from the past, so much judgment, and day dreaming about the future. Enlightenment at this stage is where the interference of the mind stops. The eyes begin to see. The ears begin to truly hear. The senses are no longer numbed or overridden by the internal dialog. You could say they spring to life

At the second stage Enlightenment is feeling a tremendous sense of connectedness with the world around you. You feel connected to the sky, the earth, the food you are eating, the grass you are sitting on, the person you are speaking with, the birds. You can see how the entire creation went into the tiniest thing. Nothing is absolute. Nothing stands alone. There is an intense sense of sacredness and gratitude. There is a sense of belonging. All obsession is appeased.

At the third stage Enlightenment it is no longer merely a sense of connectedness but an experience of complete union with the Universe. You experience Cosmic Consciousness. You are what you see. There is no sense of separate existence.

You will experience an absence of suffering and a tremendous flowering of the heart where you’ll begin to discover states of love and compassion. In these times we are basically living for ourselves. "I live for my self and you live for yourself" is the philosophy and therefore there is really no one there at all to care for each other. It has become a planet of orphans with no parents. A planet of patients with no doctors. In this state you will begin to care for others. Not just a few loved ones here and there but for all of humanity there is deep concern and compassion.

One who is Enlightened has no suffering in his life, therefore he also does not create suffering for others or for the world around him. If you look at the world you find that happy person gives happiness to others and such of those people who are constantly mad at others, hurt others, curse others, and seek revenge are suffering within. One who is suffering spiritually and psychologically is a danger to the world around him.

Thanks and regards
    vj
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

What is Enlightenment Empty Re: What is Enlightenment

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:11 am

Hi Buddy!
    Hehe, can you somehow tie this in with Reiki in your post please? This section is for questions & answers about Reiki. thanks, Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:15 am

hai Milarepa,

i feel enlightenment is relate to reiki because it is advance stage of reiki So i feel it is part so i put there.

tx
    vj
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:28 am

This is my mistake, not your's VJ. I should have specifically put in the description of this section that it's a Reiki question & answer section, Smile.

I've amended the section description now. Your topic is cool to stay as it is buddy. If in the future though, new topivs could be created that are posing specifically about Reiki questions & answers, i'd really appreciate that help, Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:15 pm

namaste,

basically reiki is a stepping stone towards spiritual progeress and then enlightment.

what v bali calls chatter is the thoughts that keep coming into your mind. the idea is to let them enter but do not go after them.

the awareness that your soul and the soul of the other person is coming from the same source is the second stage. her the realisation is that how can you dislike another person as he/she is having the same connection as you and is in a way your mirror. what you dislike in that person is what you dislike in yourself. in a way, you are seeing a mirror of yourself.

whatever happens, happens for your good is the realisation that comes next.basically it is acceptance of situations and seeing the good in every situation. eg job loss, ending of a friendship, relationship, death of a dear one. the why me syndrome is no longer relevant.

after this comes compassion and love for the earth and its inhabitants awareness is reaached that the entire universe is within you like you are a part of the universe.

there are other stages also but those are the subsequent steps to kundalini awakening and attaining akashik records/ astral travel etc for the welfare of all living things.

renu

Last edited by renukakkar on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add a line)
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:23 pm

hai renuji

great

thanks and regards
    vj
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:47 am

Enlightenment is waking up and smelling the coffee!! ahahahah Cool
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:56 am

Or, enlightenment is waking up and realising you are the coffee!
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:00 am

hehe......kerching!!
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:02 am

do you have a book forum on here wayne??....a what are you reading thread somewhere??. I'm very very slowly getting my bearings and struggling a little....
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:38 pm

hai Shakti ~ Rising

Enlightenment is waking up and smelling the coffee!! ahahahah

enlightenment is waking up and realising you are the coffee!

i salute shkati- rising six sense and my dear milarepa your seven sense ( i knew there is only six) but you both are extra ordianery.

from now i am going suggesting all reiki new guy smell coffee and you will enlightenment( forget all otherthing) and your enlightenment name is shakti - rising.( it is firt time enlightenment found name due to this great saint of world.) LOL.

affraid What is Enlightenment 850837

vj
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:54 pm

If shakti is a 6, and i'm a 7, am i not more advanced than she is?

VJ, you must have your eye on a moderator position, to try to soften me up! lol!
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:04 am

hehe the more advanced one is the lesser the need for hierarchy positioning to feed the ego.....therefore I am more advanced than you are cos I am lower down the scale!! ahahahahahahahahahah
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:08 am

hai Milarepa,

Yes you are right give me promise not tell this which i am going to telling you. Ok..

dear i am afraid of shakti-rising hand she has many hand.I can face you because you have only two but she has four visible and may be many more invisible. cheers

So i play safe game and put your name...j

Pls not tell her she crush me , i unable to knew which hand done this. What is Enlightenment 6907

So take care

vj
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:11 am

they are healing hands vj fear not I love you
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:15 am

lol!

vijaybali wrote:

dear i am afraid of shakti-rising hand she has many hand.I can face you because you have only two but she has four visible and may be many more invisible. cheers

I wonder how much she charges for treatments. with six hands, it's like 3 practitioners, after all!
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:19 am

six hands but only ONE heart...same price!! clown
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:37 am

Very, VERY good answer sharon!

Reiki = compassion = heart!
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:39 am

hai,

Today i just laugh tommorrow when i will normal give anwser your tuffest question.

charging for six hand.

What is Enlightenment 564490 What is Enlightenment 564490 What is Enlightenment 564490 What is Enlightenment 564490 What is Enlightenment 564490 What is Enlightenment 564490 What is Enlightenment 564490

lol! lol! lol! lol!

pls not mind.

thanks and regards
    vj

can i laugh again What is Enlightenment 564490 What is Enlightenment 564490 What is Enlightenment 564490 What is Enlightenment 564490
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:08 am

[I removed my posted question, which was answered in another section.]

Bruce
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:24 am

vijaybali wrote:hai Milarepa,

Yes you are right give me promise not tell this which i am going to telling you. Ok..

So i play safe game and put your name...j

Pls not tell her she crush me , i unable to knew which hand done this. What is Enlightenment 6907

So take care

vj

THAT was very FUNNY indeed!!!!!!!

lol!
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:58 pm

hai thehungrycaterpillar,

All credit go to Shakti-rising and milarapa.

Realy there heart is very big.. I say tx to both of them for wonderfull work.

Give happiness to other it is as important as working noble work or i can say is part of enlightement.

Keep it up friends but not expect tomuch from me i can pul leg anywhere.... bounce

thanks and regards
    vj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:39 am