Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+9
Arabella
chuglet
Thaak
vijaybali
Reikijim
Pandora
chi_solas
Colin
Milarepa
13 posters

Being born

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Being born Empty Being born

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:59 am

I took my first drink of alcohol when i was 9. My first experience with drugs when i was 16. Over the next 12 or 13 years i developed a 'taste' for alchohol & stimulant type drugs. Culminating in a serious cocaine addiction. An unfortunate by-product of being an alcoholic & drug addict is that inevitably it affects others also.

Things came to a head in the spring of 2005. My family had left me for the 2nd time, and i really thought, for the final time. My other relatives had nearly all washed their hands of me. Only people in my life, where drug users. The pain of it all was almost unbearable. I'd lost the most important people in my life, and began to feel so alone.

I decided to try to 'escape' from it all, in the quickest way i knew how. I went on a £5k cocaine binge for a month. By July, i was very unstable mentally, very paranoid, and was having hallucinations. I tried to get help from the local authorites, but no help was available. Cocaine addicition was still relatively unknown there then. I'd got involved with some nasty people, and had an attempt on my life by them.

I'd had enough. every single day actually was physicially, mentally & emotionally painful for me. I could'nt get help, and didn't know how to help myself, or, feel empowered to do so. I decided to plan my suicide, and got down to an almost militry operation. Everything was ready to go ahead. Something made me pause. I dunno what the heck it was. I do know, that with an addicted person, their brain changes chemically. Depletion of seratonin and dopamine via cocaine use, greatly make the brain need the one thing it knows from expereince creates huge amounts of both those. The extra neural pathways created during a dopmaine or seratonin mass-produced high, take up to year to go back to normal levels, and during that time, they still place a demand for the levels of dopamine needed to satisfy those extraordinary amounts of new neural pathways. This is why quite often, an addict has so much trouble gettting off, and staying off. They really are battling their own mind. not just a psychological habit, but a chemical dependance also. It's quite hard. The suprising thing for me, in hindsight, is that even with all this, there was something else coming into the equation.

Although i've been on spiritual paths on-off for years, it'd been quite some time since i'd felt close to God. In fact, i felt so far away from him, and used to cry often, wishing, and pleading with God to come back to me. One day, at the period of my intending suicide, i happened to decide to go to the library. I got a book on shamanism out. There was a 12 week course in it. I decided to try it. Meeting my power animal, a bear, was a fantastic experience, we became close freinds. Being able to avail of his strength, was crucial to me. Shamanism was enough to reduce my use of Cocaine for a few weeks, nd give me some form of focus on spirituality. It was during this time i went on a shamanic journey, and met with an aspect of Divinity. I wanted to know my purpose, cause at this point, although the pain of my life didn't seem just a sbad, it was still right here with me. I was told that i've a special purpose to be here. It was to help humanity. And was in fact, the reason why we are all here, we all have this special purpose (course that help takes many forms). I was also told i'd have one more chance at things, if i messed this up, that would be that. At this point in my life, as i was still of the opinion i could die or live either way, i was looking back at my wasted life a lot. so, this message, of one more chance, was so very special.

It was so special that i embarked on full blown drug use again within 2 weeks. The shame i felt spiritually was almost enough to want me to end my life itself. I don't know why, but i decided to go to the library again, where i'd got the Shaman book. Just before i got there, i noticed a Mind/Body/Spirit shop, and decided to go in. There wasn't much of interest to me, but a leaflet on some kinda 'healing' took my eye. I picked it up, and saw something called 'Reiki'. I went and checked it out in the library. Basically all i could fathom was it was some kinda healing, so i decided to give it a shot. I'd promised myself it was to be 'my last shot'. If this Reiki thing never worked, then i'd have really run outta hope, and would kill myself. I was mentally ill, had a raging drug addiction, had no help to sort it, was all alone, and had gangsters trying to kill me. yeah, i hated being alive.

Still, there was something that made me wanna try one more time...

I went into my level 1 Reiki workshop not knowing what the heck it was, but knowing there is a chance that it may help me. I couldn't have cared less what it was, i needed healing or i was dead.

In the course, i was the only guy (nothing all that strange in Reiki classes, hehe). Still, to spend a day with a room full of attractive ladies, wasn't all that bad anyhow, hehe. The initiation was incredible. Upon opening my eyes, the colours of the world seemed much more brighter & clearer, everything was so fresh! It was like being born again. The rest of the day was a whirlwind. feeling the sensations in my palms for the first time! Hehe, it fills me full of emotion & excitement even now! You folks know what i mean! I felt nothing in the world could dampen things for me, and decided to walk 8 mile home, just to take in the world. I went home to get a hamburger, and felt i couldn't eat meat all of a sudden! The thought made me sick! And then i never slept for a whole week, i was so excited. I rang my teacher asking in a schoolboy excited tone "Am I normal?'.

After all the heartache i caused, all the feeling of now help, for once, i was able to help myself at will. I no longer felt lonely either, heck i was able to experience God every day, i felt connected to the world more than ever. Within 3 weeks my cocaine use had stopped completely. Maybe inevitably, my whole views on all things began to change, including my interests, and also my choice of freinds. I deliberately stayed on my own completely. After all, all i had was drug aquaintinces.

The chance in my life was dramatic, it was so obvious to see, so much that after my level 1 in September 2005, my family came back to me in November 2005! It was so unexpected, and even now brings tears of happiness to my eyes. I definitely never deserved that chance, but heck, both myself, and my fianceee (whom isn't spiritually really) could clearly feel God walking with us. Not metaphorically, we felt a divine presence around us.

Reiki touched all areas of my life, and gave me opportunities i never thought possible. It really catapulted things for me, and has enriched my life beyond my dreams. There's been times things havn't been easy even post-level 1. Great thing about Reiki though, is that it's always there when one needs it!

Take care
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Being born Empty Re: Being born

Post by Colin Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:44 am

Wow...!

Thanks for sharing your story, Wayne. Even though you have hinted at various parts of it, reading it in this form is very powerful...what a journey!

Glad you decided to pick up that Reiki leaflet! Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:01 am

not as glad as i am!

Crap, i just gave you a thanks in this topic, now you've got mor epoints than me! bugger that, i can't even take them off in admin! lol!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:36 am

Wayne you did an excellent writing job
    using so few words to get your experience
    across.

thanks for sharing this inspirational healing

sunny
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:41 am

Respect.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:58 am

thanks Chris & Bridget, Smile .

Last edited by Milarepa on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi Wayne,

Just noticed this today...an amazing example of the strength that resides in you. The lessons you have learned...the gratitude you exemplify... I`m very proud to call you my friend.

Smile RJ
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Being born Empty lovely

Post by vijaybali Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:44 pm

hai Milarepa,
    I feel only those move spritiual path who has extraordanery strength or who are special blessiing of god.
    Which i found in your story. It is as same as testing the nuclear bomb or more than this to see the power or see the capablity. In your satuation god had done same thing and you clear the test that reason you are in reiki to tell and guide other soul true path.
    If everybody see their own journey they will also pass this testing of god. So my dear friend congrat.... you are very special...................... and keep it up to make this world more beautiful.
    I think it is to much sentimental ...............
    Being born 402695
    thanks and love
    vj
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:18 pm

thanks guys, Smile .
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:19 pm

Wow, I've had more than an inkling based on many of our private conversations but had no idea the level it was once at. You my friend are a beautiful reiki success story.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks Buddy!
    chuglet
    chuglet

Post by chuglet Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:44 am

Wayne, thank you for sharing that...I too was aware of your past(through your postings and pms) though I had no idea to what a nadir you had sunken...So the brutally honest way in which you've beared your past for all to see here is something that took real guts...To see how that wandering into the new age shop and chancing upon that pamphlet and following through with it totally turned around and transformed your life is both an inspiring and heartwarming story...

If I may be so bold as to add..nah...I'll save that for a pm Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:33 pm

cheers Bro! You're kind words mean a lot!
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Being born Empty born

Post by vijaybali Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:36 pm

hai Milarepa,

you have safe yourself for more karma after explaining your such hard part of life. May be it happend due to reiki because i knew reiki burn karma who can harm us in future. ( you got power from reiki to explain all this otherwise very very few people or may be in this site you are only who can do like this, i felt everybody have some hard stories in the life but they keep it (me too). i salute your bravery in facing and explaining. realy you are special. ).

take care

vj
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:53 pm

thankyou Buddy! As always, you've very kind words!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:27 pm

Just wanna add something. A BIG thanks to all of you on the forum! You folks help kepe focus with Reiki in my life, by being a part of our community. It doesn't matter whether you're agreing with me, debating against me, laughing or screaming together, you all help keep Reiki a focus, every single day.

For me, personally, and my family, it's an incredibly rewarding service from you all. And i'm so grateful to you all, Smile.

Much love
    Wayne
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:38 am

Thanks for sharing your inspiring story, Wayne! What blows me away, in particular, is how recent that all was and how fast the turn-around.

One of the most wonderful things about Reiki is what a powerful experience it is. As you've experienced, no doubt, the things that most of us derive pleasure from in life fail to work for addicts because they've gotten used to the massive hit and the shortcuts to a high. The neural pathways are changed, as you said.

So beautiful sunsets, smiles, etc. don't work for addicts as they do for others and it takes something extraordinary to have an effect. Enter REIKI!!! And there you have it -- a powerful experience, more powerful -- as evidenced by your story -- than a terrible addiction.

I was also struck by how immediately it opened you up to joy in the natural world again. What a wonderful gift Reiki is.

There you were, miserable and on the verge of giving up and abandoning your mission. Now here we are, just a few years later, and you're thriving and doing a wonderful service by running this Reiki forum.

Being born Icon_cheers

Bless you!

Arabella
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:49 am

Arabella wrote:Thanks for sharing your inspiring story, Wayne! What blows me away, in particular, is how recent that all was and how fast the turn-around.

One of the most wonderful things about Reiki is what a powerful experience it is. As you've experienced, no doubt, the things that most of us derive pleasure from in life fail to work for addicts because they've gotten used to the massive hit and the shortcuts to a high. The neural pathways are changed, as you said.

So beautiful sunsets, smiles, etc. don't work for addicts as they do for others and it takes something extraordinary to have an effect. Enter REIKI!!! And there you have it -- a powerful experience, more powerful -- as evidenced by your story -- than a terrible addiction.

Thanks for your kind words Arabella!

Arabella wrote:
    I was also struck by how immediately it opened you up to joy in the natural world again. What a wonderful gift Reiki is.

I know you folks expereince this also, but post-Reiki, looking at the wind blow in the trees and seeing God there, yeah it's really opened my eyes. Heck, i've a HUGE smile just writing this!

Arabella wrote:
    There you were, miserable and on the verge of giving up and abandoning your mission. Now here we are, just a few years later, and you're thriving and doing a wonderful service by running this Reiki forum.

Being born Icon_cheers

Bless you!

Arabella

I can't take any credit for the forum, Smile. So many have helped set it up with me, and done many things behind the scenes. Though ultimately, it's the members on here, every single one, that are so excellant, and share their views do freely, that make it what it is. Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:53 am

Wow, Wayne! Your story totally blew me away. Reiki truly does work in miraculous ways and you are living proof.

I'm impressed at how far you've come in such a short period of time. As you know, for many addicts, 4 years of sobriety is nearly an eternity. Keep up the great work - which I know you will, with Reiki.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:01 am

thanks Dana, Smile.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:42 pm

Oh WOW,

WHAT A WARRIOR!!!!!!!
    Being born 837313

beat

Being born 6907

but I am saddened by what you had to go thru, choking up.....

Just so Happy that you weathered the storm and lived thru it to tell us the story and to guide & inspire those who read it!

Being born 63216

( I think this and Reiki & spirituality -topic should be joined or next to each other? )
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:32 am

Thanks Hamsa. Not matter what bad thign happens in live. it's the most opportune time for growth. It was good it all happened, Smile.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:28 am

I would say that most of us are
    here on RLL due to a life changing
    event that affected ourselves or
    someone close to us.

Wayne is an excellent model of how
    our lives can change when we make an
    effort to change habits that slow us
    down or get in our way of acheiving
    a healthy outcome. With the help of
    Reiki... balance & harmony happens

sunny cheers
    Treasa
    Treasa
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Treasa Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:53 am

thank you for sharing your story, i hope it gives other people the inspiration and courage to give things one more try when they feel they have reached their darkest hour.

i also feel that the people who are strongest and have the most empathy are the ones that have faced their dark night of the soul and overcome it; you have learned invaluable lessons and are able to use your experiences to help other people struggling with addiction and low self esteem, leading by example. Reiki is truly a life saver, and i am so grateful to spirit for it's presence in my life.

and your comment on never feeling lonely and god or spirit always being with you, i can totally relate to that. Smile

Namaste

Treasa xx
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:24 am

Thank you Treasa!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content